Well, blow me down...even more than I imagined

Old January 18th 04, 09:27 PM
Jorge R. Frank

Default Well, blow me down...even more than I imagined

(Mike Flugennock) wrote in
:

Well, shut my face. Man, did I blow that guess. The release about the
HST servicing cancellation hit the group a few hours after I posted
asking how much HST servicing mission could be bought for $87b.

That's nice, Mike. It's also irrelevant, per the internal Code S memo
leaked to NASA Watch.

http://www.nasawatch.com/misc/01.16.04.hst.html

"O'Keefe decided, apparently almost purely for reasons of Shuttle safety,
to cancel SM4. Budget was not a driving concern, nor was the new Bush space
initiative. (Only the timing was related to the President's announcement.)"

Now, I do not agree with O'Keefe's decision, but I do recognize that the
decision was his to make. "Monkey-boy", as you call him, had nothing to do
with it.

Could you stop the hysterical ranting now? It's causing me to lose
whatever respect I had for you.
--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old January 18th 04, 11:22 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Mike Flugennock" wrote in message
Well, shut my face. Man, did I blow that guess. The release about the HST
servicing cancellation hit the group a few hours after I posted asking how
much HST servicing mission could be bought for $87b.

If I read this wire service copy right, it's $500b for the HST servicing

You're not reading it right. It's $.5B or $500 million.

So you could buy 160+ HST servicing flights.

Old January 18th 04, 11:44 PM
Scott Lowther

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

"Mike Flugennock" wrote in message
Well, shut my face. Man, did I blow that guess. The release about the HST
servicing cancellation hit the group a few hours after I posted asking how
much HST servicing mission could be bought for $87b.

If I read this wire service copy right, it's $500b for the HST servicing

You're not reading it right. It's $.5B or $500 million.

So you could buy 160+ HST servicing flights.

Or a few weeks' welfare.

Which would be more likely???

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam
Old January 19th 04, 02:09 AM
Chosp

"Mike Flugennock" wrote in message
Well, shut my face. Man, did I blow that guess. The release about the HST
servicing cancellation hit the group a few hours after I posted asking how
much HST servicing mission could be bought for $87b.

If I read this wire service copy right, it's $500b for the HST servicing
flight,

Stop right there.
You absolutely did not read the wire service copy right.
You are more that a thousand times wrong.

Old January 20th 04, 04:39 AM
Hop David

Scott Lowther wrote:

So you could buy 160+ HST servicing flights.

Or a few weeks' welfare.

^^^^^^^
Scott's word for social security

Quitcher bitchin, whining and moaning and _do_ something.

Get off your ass and go off some of those parasitic,
blood-sucking grannies.

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html