M33 - First Light w/ST2000XM

Old November 26th 06, 09:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
reconair

Default M33 - First Light w/ST2000XM

Here's my first attempt at imaging M33. I used the ST2000XM with my
Takahashi TSA102/G-11. The image is a stack of 10 lum shots @ 120s ea.
unguided. Final post-processed in Photoshop v.7

Scott Busby

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M33_d.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	164

Old November 26th 06, 05:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

reconair wrote:

Here's my first attempt at imaging M33. I used the ST2000XM with my
Takahashi TSA102/G-11. The image is a stack of 10 lum shots @ 120s ea.
unguided. Final post-processed in Photoshop v.7

Scott Busby

Looks a lot like my first film shot of it back in about 1963. With
curves you should be able to cure the burned in center. More time to
the exposures using the guider chip should get rid of much of the grain
though galaxies and nebula nearly always fade to noise at the edges I'm
finding. Note Stefan's comment the other day that his G-11 guides best
using a 2x guiding speed not the 0.5x default value. So some
experimenting may be necessary when setting that up.

Rick

Old November 26th 06, 06:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Nice picture Scott. Camera and scope suit each other well, stars look very
good even at the edge of the field.

Stefan

Old November 29th 06, 01:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"reconair" wrote
Here's my first attempt at imaging M33. I used the ST2000XM with my
Takahashi TSA102/G-11. The image is a stack of 10 lum shots @ 120s ea.
unguided. Final post-processed in Photoshop v.7

Cool image Scott!

Is the TSA 102 a new model? A few years ago at Stellafane the owner of
Optical Guidance Systems set up next to me with his personal scope (not an
OGS!!) - it was a 102mm Tak refractor on a Tak mount. Around 11pm his kids
starting acting up so he left the scope to me for the rest of the night. It
provided some really impressive wide-field views.

George N

Old November 29th 06, 11:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
reconair

George,

I believe the TSA 102 designed has been in the retail market for a little
over a year. It is the replacement for the venerable Takahashi FS102. The
TSA 102 is a triplet design similar to the TOA series, whereas the FS series
were doublets. Specs are he
http://www.takahashiamerica.com/cata...02680bb46c13ee

Scott
"reconair" wrote

Old December 1st 06, 05:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"reconair" wrote

I believe the TSA 102 designed has been in the retail market for a little
over a year. It is the replacement for the venerable Takahashi FS102.
The TSA 102 is a triplet design similar to the TOA series, whereas the FS
series were doublets.........

Ah, yes..... The scope I had the pleasure to use for a night was a FS102.
Great little scope! It was particularly nice on M-4 and M-22. The new
triplet must be even nicer. The same guy the year before had two scopes: one
of his own 12.5 RC's and a Tak 6-inch refractor.

George N