MEADE being acquired by Jinghua Optics & Electronics Co., Ltd.

Old May 18th 13, 04:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Thad Floryan

Default MEADE being acquired by Jinghua Optics & Electronics Co., Ltd.

News story:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/meade-...213327726.html

SEC Form 8-K (7 pages, 49kB):

http://www.meade.com/nasdaq/sec/Mead...-Agreement.pdf
Old May 18th 13, 05:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Friday, May 17, 2013 8:37:01 PM UTC-7, Thad Floryan wrote:
News story:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/meade-...213327726.html

SEC Form 8-K (7 pages, 49kB):

http://www.meade.com/nasdaq/sec/Mead...-Agreement.pdf

Scott Roberts comes full circle;)
Old May 18th 13, 04:53 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/meade-...nounces-merger...

SEC Form 8-K (7 pages, 49kB):

http://www.meade.com/nasdaq/sec/Mead...-Agreement.pdf

Scott Roberts comes full circle;)

Mexico didn't work out, I guess.
Old May 18th 13, 06:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_1_]

On May 18, 11:53*am, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On May 17, 11:08*pm, palsing wrote:

On Friday, May 17, 2013 8:37:01 PM UTC-7, Thad Floryan wrote:
News story:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/meade-...nounces-merger....

SEC Form 8-K (7 pages, 49kB):

http://www.meade.com/nasdaq/sec/Mead...-Agreement.pdf

Scott Roberts comes full circle;)

Mexico didn't work out, I guess.

They need a workforce will to, you know, work.
Old May 18th 13, 09:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
lal_truckee

On 5/18/13 10:08 AM, RichA wrote:
They need a workforce will[sic] to, you know, work.

I know you say crap to see if you can get a rise out of us, so I usually
ignore you, but damn that's offensive to everyone.

It's offensive because it patently lies about Mexicans and people of
Mexican ancestry, and it's offensive because it implies the rest of us
are stupid enough to accept your lying misinformation.

I'm going back to ignoring you and your ilk.
Old May 19th 13, 01:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On May 18, 4:48*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 5/18/13 10:08 AM, RichA wrote:

They need a workforce will[sic] to, you know, work.

I know you say crap to see if you can get a rise out of us, so I usually
ignore you, but damn that's offensive to everyone.

It's offensive because it patently lies about Mexicans and people of
Mexican ancestry, and it's offensive because it implies the rest of us
are stupid enough to accept your lying misinformation.

I'm going back to ignoring you and your ilk.

It is interesting that you flamed RichA but gave Uncarollo a pass.
Would you care to explain?
Old May 19th 13, 02:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_1_]

On 5/18/13 10:08 AM, RichA wrote:

They need a workforce will[sic] to, you know, work.

I know you say crap to see if you can get a rise out of us, so I usually
ignore you, but damn that's offensive to everyone.

It's offensive because it patently lies about Mexicans and people of
Mexican ancestry, and it's offensive because it implies the rest of us
are stupid enough to accept your lying misinformation.

I'm going back to ignoring you and your ilk.

"I am a P.C. lib-er-al au-tom-ma-ton, I do not see pro-blems when they
off-end...me."
Old May 19th 13, 06:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_1_]

On May 19, 10:54*am, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Sun, 19 May 2013 05:58:17 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
It is interesting that you flamed RichA but gave Uncarollo a pass.
Would you care to explain?

Because Rich's comment was offensive, and Uncarollo's was not.

Apparently Mexico _didn't_ work out as a way to keep costs down. That
has nothing to do with the Mexican work ethic.

Sure it does. Wages are 1/3 the U.S. or less and the only thing left
is productivity.
Old May 19th 13, 06:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On May 19, 10:54*am, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Sun, 19 May 2013 05:58:17 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
It is interesting that you flamed RichA but gave Uncarollo a pass.
Would you care to explain?

Because Rich's comment was offensive, and Uncarollo's was not.

Apparently Mexico _didn't_ work out as a way to keep costs down. That
has nothing to do with the Mexican work ethic.

There was no mention of the factory in Mexico in either of the two
links posted. Presumably, the plant is still in operation and if so,
will perhaps remain in operation after the merger. It undoubtedly cut
labor costs, which actually tend to be lower in Mexico than in China.

I interpret Uncarollo's message to be every bit as offensive as
RichA's. Perhaps your reading comprehension is too poor for you to
see Uncarollo's statement as a gratuitous slap at something (Meade
plant in Mexico) of which he apparently disapproves.