ASTRO: Another M16/Eagle

Old September 11th 07, 07:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: Another M16/Eagle

There were several fine versions of M16 in this forum recently, so I felt
like reshooting it on August 25. I can't get objects that low during
culmination as the southern horizon is blocked by buildings and a tree, so I
could only start the exposure series after M16 was at it's highest point. At
the start of the series it was 18 degrees above horizon, at the end only 12
degrees. I was lucky to try this object on one of those rare nights where
the seeing was OK near the horizon.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with an 8" SCT at f/6.5, G11 mount, SXV-H9
camera, 14x5 minutes,Astronomik 13nm Halpha filter.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/m16-14x5gut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m16-14x5gut.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	1208
Old September 11th 07, 08:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
DvandenH

Nice too Stefan!
reg
Dirk

--
Dirk van den Herik

A journey of thousand lightyears
starts with the first step.

Old September 11th 07, 08:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Stefan Lilge wrote:
There were several fine versions of M16 in this forum recently, so I
felt like reshooting it on August 25. I can't get objects that low
during culmination as the southern horizon is blocked by buildings and a
tree, so I could only start the exposure series after M16 was at it's
highest point. At the start of the series it was 18 degrees above
horizon, at the end only 12 degrees. I was lucky to try this object on
one of those rare nights where the seeing was OK near the horizon.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with an 8" SCT at f/6.5, G11 mount,
SXV-H9 camera, 14x5 minutes,Astronomik 13nm Halpha filter.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/m16-14x5gut.jpg

Stefan

Looking good!

It's hard enough from my latitude and I'm well south of you. I had good
seeing last night but extinction low was severe, over 4 magnitudes. So
I started something higher but then the clouds rolled in and it was all
wasted effort. My problem on the low meridian is a tree I call the
Meridian Tree. A huge red pine that block an hour on the east side and
two on the west side at this declination. Shooting through it caused
those odd star shapes in my M104 shot so won't try that again. Still
waiting for that good night.

Rick

Old September 12th 07, 02:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

well I like it Stefan!

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
There were several fine versions of M16 in this forum recently, so I felt
like reshooting it on August 25. I can't get objects that low during
culmination as the southern horizon is blocked by buildings and a tree, so
could only start the exposure series after M16 was at it's highest point.
At
the start of the series it was 18 degrees above horizon, at the end only
12
degrees. I was lucky to try this object on one of those rare nights where
the seeing was OK near the horizon.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with an 8" SCT at f/6.5, G11 mount, SXV-H9
camera, 14x5 minutes,Astronomik 13nm Halpha filter.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/m16-14x5gut.jpg

Stefan

ASTRO: Eagle at f/6.3 DvandenH Astro Pictures 6 September 9th 07 09:46 AM
ASTRO: Eagle nebula detail Pilars of creation DvandenH Astro Pictures 13 September 2nd 07 11:43 AM
Eagle Cam!! Eagle2020 Amateur Astronomy 0 April 6th 06 08:42 PM
Eagle - 30 seconds Andrew Gray History 3 August 9th 04 06:32 PM
"The Eagle has landed" NOT! Mark McIntyre Astronomy Misc 1 August 16th 03 02:08 AM