Canada Joins Lunar Gateway

Old March 22nd 19, 01:43 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Canada Joins Lunar Gateway

On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 11:25:43 AM UTC-5, Martin Brown wrote:

I think it will become more sensible again once you have stopped
electing deranged narcissistic reality TV stars as President.

Mind your own business and worry about your own country.

If you guys ever get into another jam, the US will be there to fix things for you, just like we did during World Wars I + II and the cold war.
Old March 22nd 19, 02:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 17:40:31 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 12:50:02 PM UTC-5, Davoud wrote:
Chris L Peterson:
I tend to believe that the U.S. is a failed (or failing) nation... a
problem that ultimately goes back to a flawed Constitution, one which
created the Senate, one which created self-governing states, and one
which is simply too hard to change.

Martin Brown:
I think it will become more sensible again once you have stopped
electing deranged narcissistic reality TV stars as President.

Just to clarify: the American people chose Mrs. Clinton to be president
by a majority of three million votes, but we have an uncorrectable
defect in our Constitution that gave the presidency to the ****gibbon.

It is unclear what can be done to solve the US electoral system which
basically requires obscene amounts of money just to be in the game.
You have a de facto plutocracy with ugly populist tendencies that
pretends superficially to be "democratic" but only when it suits them.

The answer is most likely that nothing can be done. As Mr. Peterson
said, "failed (or failing) nation."

It gives me no pleasure to note that you also live in a failed or
failing state. No pleasure because it is my Motherland as well and I
still have family there (Home Counties, Northumberland, Scotland).

The moron Da-void and idiot peterson fail to understand the system of checks and balances built into the Constitution, the Senate and the Electoral College being among those checks and balances.

The EC was put in place as a compromise (in great part to maintain
slavery) at a time when there were 13 very different colonies trying
to come together as something of a country. It isn't a part of checks
and balances, and it makes no sense at all in a time where the concept
of "states" no longer really exists. There is no common culture within
states anymore. And no reason why we should think of the President as
the representative of states, as opposed the representative of all
Americans. The EC effectively disenfranchises about half of all
Americans every election.

space video gateway cole smith Space Station 0 July 16th 06 03:37 PM
Smart1 at gateway Ray Vingnutte Misc 8 November 17th 04 01:56 PM
Gateway-Test-02-25a (ignore) Don Wells FITS 4 March 15th 04 04:39 PM
Canada Joins NASA 2007 Mission to Mars/York U. celebrates "Phoenix"Mars Mission Win (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 August 7th 03 05:57 AM