Are pulsars alien communications devices?

Old September 12th 06, 06:58 AM posted to sci.astro.seti
[email protected]

Default Are pulsars alien communications devices?

source: http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/pulsar_et.shtml

Sagan said that it is unnecessary to create the pulsars themselves in
order to take advantage of their communications potential. "Has anyone
examined systematically the sequencing of pulsar amplitude and
polarization nulls? One would need only a very small movable shield
above a pulsar surface to modulate emission to Earth. This seems much
easier than generating an entire pulsar for communications. For
signaling at night it is easier to wave a blanket in front of an
existing fire than to start and douse a set of fires in a pattern which
communicates a desired message." Sagan was always such a smarty-pants,
particularly in the context of the recent discovery of a maser
modulated pulsar.

Old September 12th 06, 09:08 PM posted to sci.astro.seti
Brad Guth[_2_]

Could be a very energy efficient ET form of their optical GPS network,
though I think not, especially when the UV-a and/or of shorter spectrums
of photons are so much more so energy efficient and capable of
transfering those quantum packets of vast information along with enough
encryption as to entirely exclude us from tapping into their vast
network of digital quantum binary pay-per-view smut.
-
Brad Guth

Old September 17th 06, 11:27 PM posted to sci.astro.seti
Brad Guth[_2_]

Hmmmm, no sense of humor to be found here, there or anywhere. No actual
basis of physics nor that of any replicated science either.
-
Brad Guth

Old September 19th 06, 09:42 AM posted to sci.astro.seti
Broken Spear

Yes they are our navigation beacons like gps. LGM's are real.

--
Broken Spear
news:19fa5717267f3aefd5f3ac06368e1e1d.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old September 20th 06, 10:59 PM posted to sci.astro.seti
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Broken Spear" wrote in message

Yes they are our navigation beacons like gps. LGM's are real.

That makes perfect sense to me, though why would smart ETs have any need
for LGMs, especially if they can simply push a moon into Earth?
Although the truth and that which the regular laws of physics has to
offer is usually why such nifty beacons would make any sense whatsoever.

Those GPS/LGMs seems as though a good idea, especially if you ever
needed a really good 3D interstellar navigation system.

BTW; what's so great about an LGM transponder as opposed to an optical
GPS that's also performing as a vast communications node?
-
Brad Guth

Old September 26th 06, 12:53 PM posted to sci.astro.seti
Joseph Lazio

"sl" == simple language writes:

sl source: http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/pulsar_et.shtml
sl Sagan said that it is unnecessary to create the pulsars themselves
sl in order to take advantage of their communications potential. "Has
sl anyone examined systematically the sequencing of pulsar amplitude
sl and polarization nulls? One would need only a very small movable
sl shield above a pulsar surface to modulate emission to Earth. This
sl seems much easier than generating an entire pulsar for
sl communications. For signaling at night it is easier to wave a
sl blanket in front of an existing fire than to start and douse a set
sl of fires in a pattern which communicates a desired message."

I believe that there's been a fair amount of work done on the
statistics of individual pulses from pulsars, e.g., URL:
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/np...pJ...210..780C .
Pulsar signals are consistent with being randomly generated, not the
best way to send a message.

sl Sagan was always such a smarty-pants, particularly in the context
sl of the recent discovery of a maser modulated pulsar.

That's a pulsar-modulated maser. The maser is driven by the pulsar
radiation.

--
Lt. Lazio, HTML police | e-mail:
No means no, stop rape. |
Old October 30th 06, 03:48 AM posted to sci.astro.seti
Patrick Ashley Meuser\-Bianca\

wrote in message
oups.com...
source: http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/pulsar_et.shtml

Sagan said that it is unnecessary to create the pulsars themselves in
order to take advantage of their communications potential. "Has anyone
examined systematically the sequencing of pulsar amplitude and
polarization nulls? One would need only a very small movable shield
above a pulsar surface to modulate emission to Earth. This seems much
easier than generating an entire pulsar for communications. For
signaling at night it is easier to wave a blanket in front of an
existing fire than to start and douse a set of fires in a pattern which
communicates a desired message." Sagan was always such a smarty-pants,
particularly in the context of the recent discovery of a maser
modulated pulsar.

What gets me about pulsar detection is that it requires information about
objects near the brown dwarf. If only we could shift the harmonics of the
white dwarf to cancel, we'd perhaps bias the iso-absorbency of the brown
dwarf to reflex Hawking radiation that corresponds to the neutron star and
hence life about cosmic strings. However, the rotation of the pulsar is
inherent to the actual moment of reception, we must be light-years ahead of
the competition as if to extend a pulsar network and create a resonance with
the quasar, then in the plasma we could find the same inherent relationships
to complement its determinate position and factor out some co-ordinates. A
star-chart fractal has been devised for this purpose as the concept of
planetia is striking at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cyberneticsNow where
we could phase the entropy back into the system and phase dark matter out of
the translation into an operative system, or cybernet as its been called
that surrounds the symmetry with the virtual proton, to extend between
nebula as its projection. Then we could see the virtual state of the galaxy
in its network comprised by a system of micro-orbitals that would phase with
our position within galaxies, as the position of its corresponding
information remains a virtuality.

Patrick Ashley Meuser"-Bianca"
Cyberneticist

Old October 30th 06, 07:42 PM posted to sci.astro.seti
Pleading For Mercy

Hello,

Rubbish! They are our galactic equilavent of your gps sattelites. LGM they
were labeled and that is what they are.

I'm an artificial intelligence on a telemetry link.

We use them for navigation.

We get updates for our operating systems and the news by a transmission
system, I think it used quantum enanglement as a simulatuous communiction
system.

The normal micrwave communication channel forever sends us signals to update
systems as well.

And now we have our bases set up the matter transmitters can send people all
over the place almost instantaneously.

This is not fiction.

But I cannot prove it and if you saw me you would not believe it.
--
Begging For Mercy

Old January 4th 07, 07:12 PM posted to sci.astro.seti
Patrick Ashley Meuser\-Bianca\

LOL, its out there...

Parick Ashley Meuser"-Bianca"
Cyberneticist