More Troubling Planetary News

Old August 13th 05, 01:57 PM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Hi nightbat Your Florida meteorologist reporting on Irene.Its to far
north east to hit Florida. My prediction is it will fallow the gulf
Stream going up the coast Brush by Cape Hatteras than hit Cape Cod the
hardest and swing east making a U turn and end up dumping heavy rain on
London. Some of my seeing this comes out of radar,prevailing winds,and
the last part just a gut feeling. Lets see how good I am Bert

nightbat

Thanks for your report Officer Bert, and we shall see, we shall
see. Radar, oh I see the TV weatherman, ok.

carry on,
the nightbat
Old August 19th 05, 11:42 PM
Raving Loonie

August 22, 2002 - (date of web publication) ~~~~~ Now 2005 !!!!

SATELLITES SHOW OVERALL INCREASES IN ANTARCTIC SEA ICE COVER

trends in the length of the sea-ice season throughout the Southern
Ocean over 21 years (1979-1999)

While recent studies have shown that on the whole Arctic sea ice has
decreased since the late 1970s, satellite records of sea ice around
Antarctica reveal an overall increase in the southern hemisphere ice
over the same period. Continued decreases or increases could have
substantial impacts on polar climates, because sea ice spreads over a
vast area, reflects solar radiation away from the Earth's surface,
and insulates the oceans from the atmosphere. ...

See http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/topstory/20...uthseaice.html