Sky Commander web site down, new version could be coming!

Old April 10th 05, 05:34 PM
Larry Stedman

Default Sky Commander web site down, new version could be coming!

I've been unable to rouse www.skyeng.com for several days now.

Then I found this:

http://www.astrosystems.biz/dsc.htm

Version 4 of SC will be flash upgradable!

Looks like a newly designed box, too!

Wonder if there are any other changes that would give Argo Navis a run
for its money?

Larry Stedman
Vestal
Old April 10th 05, 10:08 PM

Larry Stedman wrote:

Wonder if there are any other changes that would give Argo Navis a

run
for its money?

It already gives AN a run for its money. The alignment process with SC
for a Dob is so much easier that any other DSC.

Old April 11th 05, 01:39 AM
Les Blalock

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:34:35 GMT, Larry Stedman
wrote:

I've been unable to rouse www.skyeng.com for several days now.

Then I found this:

http://www.astrosystems.biz/dsc.htm

Version 4 of SC will be flash upgradable!

Larry,

I don't remember if you're a member of the yahoo Sky Commander group
or not but... It was posted there that Victor's host and domain
registrar seems to have gone belly-up and he's trying to arrange
another host.

I believe it was also posted that the new SC's will be carried by
several retailers, too.

Les
Old April 11th 05, 08:44 PM
Larry Stedman

Les, egg on my face... just discovered that I once was a member of the
SC group... must have dropped when I switched over to AN!

In defense of SC, I must say that its direct approach, quick to the
objects and moving around is smarter and less bothersome than the
multiple nested menu structure of the Tangent boxes and AN (which
doesn't allow an easy backspace but rather forces one to exit the
current position and start over at the top of the menu tree and drill
down again.) OTOH, making selection and drilling is fast and easy on
the AN given the thumb dial (which works well even with gloves on unlike
the chiclet style buttons on the SC).

It'll be interesting to see what SC Flash 4 brings!

Larry Stedman
Vestal