Perihelion advance of the earth/moon system (the reality)

Old April 25th 21, 03:48 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

Default Perihelion advance of the earth/moon system (the reality)

Perihelion advance of the earth/moon system (the reality)
---

I would normally offer a web based option, but my ability to access my
web pages and internet services generally has been severely diminished.
Why?? In a world so full of bull**** (the universally understood but
not yet in the dictionary word) I can only guess. I am listening
though.
---

Download the folder 'periadv' from Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...cs?usp=sharing
Unzip the downloaded folder into a directory of your choice. Run the
fbc.htm file. It's a worthwhile adventure on a dull day.
---

The advance rate of the earth-moon perihelion is shown in the following
image which was generated from a FreeBasic compiled Qbasic program. The advance is 180 degrees after 228 orbit cycles. **THIS WILL ALWAYS
BE THE CASE REGARDLESS OF WHICH PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE ONE CHOOSES TO USE.**

Setting the moon average orbit radius at 4e8 meters, with an orbit
speed of 900 m/sec at aphelion, gives an orbit eccentricity of .12
and an advance rate of .794 degrees per cycle.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DDb...ew?usp=sharing

According to observation, the advance rate is a little more than 3
degrees per cycle. There is absolutely no way this can be explained by
currently accepted gravity theories. Newton couldn't do it. And
Einstein's contribution to the advance is of almost zero consequence
here, so it also fails.

Increasing orbit eccentricty doesn't help much either.
This image results from an eccentricity of .93
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IR5...ew?usp=sharing
The advance is still only 2.2 degrees per cycle.

The proper advance generated from the sun's influence is .794 degrees
per cycle. Adding my contribution of 2.217 degrees = 3.011 degrees per
orbit cycle. How much closer can it get?

One could re-write the program in whatever programming language one
desires. Running the program using Qbasic in DosBox is another option.

Or compile the program as an executable file using Freebasic.
(makexe.htm from the downloaded files)

-----

Max Keon