Prediction: Exoplanet Discoveries to Drive Massive SpaceTelescope Deployment

Old December 9th 10, 11:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
giveitawhirl2008

Default Prediction: Exoplanet Discoveries to Drive Massive SpaceTelescope Deployment

On Dec 3, 7:05*pm, HVAC wrote:
On 12/1/2010 12:23 AM, Mike Dworetsky wrote:

Space multielement interferometers are "practical", but a monolithic
large space mirror ("miles"??) is not, for all sorts of reasons.

I leave it as an exercise for readers to come up with arguments for and
against.

Exercise THIS.....

A lot of discussion has been about interstellar craft. Well, first, I
was predicting about giant telescopes, not interstellar craft. Then I
included a link to http://1mmph.yolasite.com/ , which is my (crude but
message-delivering) website about a proposal for solar system
exploration, not intersteller (yet).

Interstellar, at near-lightspeed, to destinations within tens of light
years, is at least THEORETICALLY, ULTIMATELY possible without
violating the known laws of physcis. But that is some steps (and
decades or centuries) beyond the giant telescopes for looking around
our stellar neighborhood. High speed solar system exploration needs to
happen before interstellar, also. 1mmph...

Another dicsussion got going about Man's problem being inward. This is
a whole big, other subject. At the earthly level, no one wants us to
stop improving qualitiy of life efforts, through technology, social
action, etc. But refusing to spend on scientific research until we
have utopia, here, means no more scientific research. Also, scientific
research can help with the improving of physical quality of life.

At the REAL PROBLEM LEVEL: For the wages of sin is death, but the free
gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Old December 10th 10, 05:22 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Dec 9, 3:20*pm, giveitawhirl2008
wrote:
On Dec 3, 7:05*pm, HVAC wrote:

[...]

Did you get that context approved by those Rothschild SEANS?

It seems they've been around (off and on) for 70 million some odd
years, and supposedly they are still going strong.

~ BG
Old December 10th 10, 09:56 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Chris.B[_2_]

On Dec 10, 12:20*am, giveitawhirl2008
wrote:

At the REAL PROBLEM LEVEL: For the wages of sin is death, but the free
gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Dogh! It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open
your mouth and confirm it.

Y'all wanna try alt.superstishun.palin.gov or some such? spit
Old December 10th 10, 01:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
[email protected]

james webb telescope fiasco may kill future nasa telescopes, espically
if it fails to produce once in orbit, and last i heard its not
servicable and besides we will have no shuttle to service it
from........

webb costs have soared time is forever and new congress might zero its
budget to save money
Old December 10th 10, 03:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Pat Flannery

On 12/10/2010 1:56 AM, Chris.B wrote:
On Dec 10, 12:20 am,
wrote:

At the REAL PROBLEM LEVEL: For the wages of sin is death, but the free
gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Dogh! It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open
your mouth and confirm it.

Y'all wanna try alt.superstishun.palin.gov or some such?spit

Neill Cumpston reviews two zombie movies - the Passion of the Christ and
Dawning of the Dead:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/vi...f3d 52e2f1d15

"I just got back from seeing the new zombie movie at midnight at the
Arclight in Hollywood. I got there way early, like three hours, and I
had nothing to do, and I was getting drunk with my friends at this
bar in the lobby. The Arclight looks like MINORITY REPORT and there’s
a bar where you can drink which other theaters should have if you have
to see a movie with Julia Roberts or Ben Affleck or Freddie Prinze or
Steve Martin. Actually, there should be a lot of actors where if
they’re in a movie you get a can of beer automatic. Also certain plots,
like if there’s a gay friend or a lady ghost.

So we still have all this time, and my one friend says, “We should see
the Jesus movie. I hear it’s non-stop ass-kicking.” And I like the
sound of that, and I thought for a second that maybe this was another
Jesus movie by the TAXI DRIVER guy, only now he’s put guns and bullets
going into heads instead of crying and that PLATOON guy’s dick-hose.

I’ll make the Jesus review quick – it ****ing rules. It made me yell,
“Jesus Christ on a cross!” even the scenes that didn’t have Jesus Christ
on a cross. This one’s directed by Mel Gibson and he obviously learned
some **** from LETHAL WEAPON 2 because he gets right to the action.
There’s a shot of the moon and then right away there’s gladiator dudes
beating the crap out of a bunch of hippies. Jesus is this guy with a
super-powered left hand – it’s like he can give people Wolverine powers
by touching them with his left hand. He makes a guy’s ear grow back but
before you know it the gladiator dudes arrest him and beat the be-jeezus
out of Jesus for two straight hours. Then they nail him to a cross, and
he dies, but not after bleeding enough blood to fill up everyone in
CADDYSHACK plus that fat vampire dude in the first BLADE movie.
Everyone’s ****ed at Jesus. They all want him dead. But this is back in
Bible times, when they didn’t have shotguns and chainsaws, and back then
when you want to kill a superhero you have to rain two hours of
whomp-ass on him and then nail him to something, sort of like a message
to other superheroes. And they must have gotten the message, because
there weren’t any more superheroes until Superman.

This is a great movie to take a chick to ‘cuz it’s super-violent but you
can sit there like, hey, this doesn’t effect me, and she’ll think you’re
a total bad-ass. Then here comes the blowjob. Thank you, Jesus.

The only thing wrong with the movie is why didn’t anyone cut off his
super-powered left hand, and then use it on other people? Like, you
could have a bad guy like in ENTER THE DRAGON, where he puts on
different hands – claw hand, flamethrower hand, etc. And one of the
hands could be the Jesus hand, and you could heal all your henchmen, or
maybe touch yourself while you’re kung-fuing someone, so no
matter what they do, you can heal.

Also, I like the Satan chick walking around with the baby that has the
“Black Hole Sun” face.

The last shot of The Passion of the “Christ” is of Jesus getting up from
the dead and walking out of his grave. This is the perfect movie to see
right before DAWNING OF THE DEAD because it’s like Jesus was the
original zombie (O.Z. – only super good-looking and not smelly), so when
DAWNING opens it’s like it’s a sequel. Now it’s thousands of years later
and the being-a-zombie thing that Jesus started has
caught on. In fact, Jesus in the first movie is always telling his
buddies to eat his skin and drink his blood. So now it’s today, and the
zombie followers are taking that idea really ****ing seriously.

DAWNING OF THE DEAD rules as hard as THE PASSION, but it so pusses out
on the violence. THE PASSION is like, “Hold on, ‘cuz I’m going to…” and
you’re waiting for it to say, "Punch you in the balls” but it goes ahead
and kicks you in the head and then throws a wrench at your ass until you
****. Still, DAWNING doesn’t have the holy-motion John Woo
scenes that the PASSION does, so I guess they balance out.

The first ten minutes of DAWNING are big-ass apocalypse, and then
credits, and then right back to the apocalypse. A bunch of people who
don’t get the zombie-bite hide in a shopping mall but here come the
zombies so it’s shooting and punching and explosions. They don’t show
zombies sitting down and just eating people, which sucks, but
there’s a great scene with a zombie baby. If you’re trying to convince
your dumb-ass girlfriend not to have a baby, this is the movie to take
her to. In fact, both PASSION and DAWNING have ****ed-up babies, so keep
these in mind if you want to win a baby argument.

DAWNING is also a remake of a 70’s film, also about zombies. They do a
great job of updating it because this movie is set today, rather than
the 70’s. There’s also a cool scene where people on the roof of the
shopping mall shoot zombies they think look like celebrities. I think
this all the time when I see real celebrities, so it was good for a
movie to back me up.

****, I don’t know what else to tell you. PASSION and DAWNING is the
greatest double-feature ever, but leave enough time in between for that
thank-you Jesus blowjob. Eight stars (four for each), and here’s an idea
for the third movie in the trilogy: Zombie Jesus vs.Freddy vs. Jason vs.
That Slinky-Spine Girl from Pet Semetary.

Neill Cumpston"

Pat