SpaceX to static-fire Falcon 9 Friday

Old December 4th 10, 07:43 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_3_]

Default SpaceX to static-fire Falcon 9 Friday

On 5/12/2010 6:01 AM, Pat Flannery wrote:
On 12/3/2010 5:41 AM, Alan Erskine wrote:

New webcast start time: 11 AM Eastern / 8 AM Pacific / 16:00 UTC.

Jeff

3am Melbourne time :-|

They fired it again this morning, and this time it was a success:
http://www.spacex.com/updates.php

Pat

I wish they'd let people know ahead of time. I stayed up to watch their
webcast for a 1.1 second abort; and the webcast was terrible - constant
dropouts.
Old December 4th 10, 07:47 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
snidely

On Dec 4, 11:01*am, Pat Flannery wrote:
On 12/3/2010 5:41 AM, Alan Erskine wrote:

New webcast start time: 11 AM Eastern / 8 AM Pacific / 16:00 UTC.

Jeff

3am Melbourne time :-|

They fired it again this morning, and this time it was a success:
http://www.spacex.com/updates.php

Hmmm, I'm now seeing the updates on the update page ... didn't get
anything yesterday. But that could have been my cache being stuck.

/dps

Old December 5th 10, 02:09 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 12/4/2010 10:43 AM, Alan Erskine wrote:

I wish they'd let people know ahead of time. I stayed up to watch their
webcast for a 1.1 second abort; and the webcast was terrible - constant
dropouts.

Same was noted over here in the US...it wasn't working at all well.

Pat

Old December 5th 10, 06:02 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Brian Thorn[_2_]

On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 17:09:31 -0800, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I wish they'd let people know ahead of time. I stayed up to watch their
webcast for a 1.1 second abort; and the webcast was terrible - constant
dropouts.

Same was noted over here in the US...it wasn't working at all well.

SpaceX's feeds never are, but previously it was attributed to distance
and limited resources at Omelek. Nope, they just don't consider it
important. Welcome to the new world of corporate spaceflight.

Brian
Old December 5th 10, 09:23 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 12/5/2010 9:02 AM, Brian Thorn wrote:

SpaceX's feeds never are, but previously it was attributed to distance
and limited resources at Omelek. Nope, they just don't consider it
important. Welcome to the new world of corporate spaceflight.

Latest weather forecast gives only 40% chance to launch on the 7th due
to high winds; chances improve to 90% on 8th and 9th:
http://spaceflightnow.com/falcon9/002/status.html

Pat
Old December 6th 10, 04:55 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 12/5/2010 12:23 PM, Pat Flannery wrote:

Latest weather forecast gives only 40% chance to launch on the 7th due
to high winds; chances improve to 90% on 8th and 9th:
http://spaceflightnow.com/falcon9/002/status.html

YouTube has video of the test he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbh_PcAbXBU

Pat
Old December 6th 10, 05:01 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 12/5/2010 7:55 PM, Pat Flannery wrote:

Latest weather forecast gives only 40% chance to launch on the 7th due
to high winds; chances improve to 90% on 8th and 9th:
http://spaceflightnow.com/falcon9/002/status.html

YouTube has video of the test he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbh_PcAbXBU

Whoops! that's the first test that shut down early.

Pat

SpaceX to static-fire Falcon 9 Friday Pat Flannery History 11 December 6th 10 05:01 AM
The Falcon 9 static fire is scheduled for 1 p.m. EST today Jeff Findley Policy 31 March 15th 10 04:05 AM
Ares static test fire today Patty Winter[_2_] Space Shuttle 10 September 12th 09 12:50 AM
SpaceX static test? Joe Strout Policy 11 January 28th 07 05:07 AM
SpaceX Falcon 1 FRF!(?) Ed Kyle Policy 79 February 14th 06 10:21 PM