Crawler problems add hours to rollback time

Old August 29th 06, 01:42 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Brian Thorn

Default Crawler problems add hours to rollback time

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 23:59:45 GMT, "TimK" wrote:

Any idea what is in HB1? STS-116's stack started to move from HB3
around to HB2 but retreated to HB3 after the Crawler glitch, right? So
what's in HB1? Maintenance work or something?

I've lost track of which was which but an MLP was in HB 2 as storage while
Discovery was stacked in HB3 (HB 1 is undergoing door refurb) and when
Discovery went to launch the other MLP (I think) came from HB 2 to HB 3 for
stacking and they've gotten an SRB about half stacked. In preps for
rollback should they decide to (and at latest track I bet they do) they
moved that partial stack to 1 and Atlantis will go into 3.

Thanks, Tim!

Brian
Old August 29th 06, 08:57 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
André, PE1PQX

André, PE1PQX beweerde :
Brian Thorn heeft uiteengezet op 28-8-2006 :
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:36:14 GMT, "Jim Oberg"
wrote:

Crawler problems add hours to rollback time
BY WILLIAM HARWOOD
STORY WRITTEN FOR CBS NEWS "SPACE PLACE"
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttl...ck/index3.html
Problems with one of NASA's ponderous crawler-transporters will force
engineers to take the shuttle Atlantis to the far side of the Vehicle
Assembly Building Tuesday if a rollback from the launch pad is ordered
because of tropical storm/hurricane Ernesto. The change in plans will add
three hours or so to the time necessary to get Atlantis out of harm's way.

If rollback is, in fact, ordered, NASA will be in a race against the clock
to get Atlantis moved before any thunderstorms develop along Florida's
space coast. NASA safety rules forbid moving a shuttle "stack" in winds
above 40 knots or if lightning is present within 20 nautical miles.

At the launch pad,... etc

Okay, Discovery's 116 stack went back in High Bay 3 after Crawler
glitches, and Atlantis is going into the High Bay 2 Safe Haven...

So what's in High Bay 1?

Brian

Probably the stack for STS-116 (Discovery)

Oops... my mistake... sorry

--
(\__/)
( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into

Old August 29th 06, 09:57 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
TimK

"Brian Thorn" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 23:59:45 GMT, "TimK" wrote:

Any idea what is in HB1? STS-116's stack started to move from HB3
around to HB2 but retreated to HB3 after the Crawler glitch, right? So
what's in HB1? Maintenance work or something?

I've lost track of which was which but an MLP was in HB 2 as storage while
Discovery was stacked in HB3 (HB 1 is undergoing door refurb) and when
Discovery went to launch the other MLP (I think) came from HB 2 to HB 3
for
stacking and they've gotten an SRB about half stacked. In preps for
rollback should they decide to (and at latest track I bet they do) they
moved that partial stack to 1 and Atlantis will go into 3.

Thanks, Tim!

An update - Atlantis was to go into HB2 but as you've no doubt heard by now
they turned around.