DR. DAVID P. ANDERSON -- PROJECT -- DIRECTOR --------SETI@home -------- PREPARING TO ENABLE ACCOUNT CREATION IN THE BOINC BETA TEST NEXT WEEK

Old November 14th 03, 12:55 AM
Byron Leigh Hatch

Default DR. DAVID P. ANDERSON -- PROJECT -- DIRECTOR --------SETI@home -------- PREPARING TO ENABLE ACCOUNT CREATION IN THE BOINC BETA TEST NEXT WEEK

Copied from : - Boinc-beta mailing list

We're preparing to enable account creation in the beta test,
in order to load-test our servers.
This will happen sometime next week.
In preparation we modified the project web site
(http://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/ap/) a little.
The name of the project is changed from "Astropulse"
to "BOINC Beta Test".
We also added some warnings about participating in the test;
please take the time to read them.
------------------
There is ever-increasing interest in BOINC outside of SETI@home.
Work is starting on a BOINC-based version of Folding@home.
We have had preliminary conversations with CERN
about integrating BOINC with the Globus-based Grid systems
being developed at CERN and other physics research centers.
These are exciting times!

-- David

Dr. David P. Anderson ---- Project Director of -- SETI@home
---
Best wishes from:
Byron Leigh Hatch (for Carl Sagan)
from: the Beautiful Pacific West Coast of --- CANADA
Carl Sagan - my hero - may his humanity - his passion - and his eloquence,-
Live for ever.

:-)
----

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO

Old November 14th 03, 06:06 AM
Klaatu

Byron Leigh Hatch wrote:

[...]

Will your current s@h account carry over as mentioned at s@h website BOINC
link or will you have to create a new account for this expanded beta if not
currently participating?

Old November 14th 03, 04:25 PM
Byron Leigh Hatch

Klaatu wrote :

Will your current s@h account carry over as mentioned at s@h website BOINC
link or will you have to create a new account for this expanded beta if

not
currently participating?

Klaatu , you will have create a new account ( this account is
only for beta testing ) you will still keep your current
s@h account

go to this page and have a Look

http://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/ap

regards.