Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old April 29th 15, 07:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 12:24:58 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 9:07:22 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Its Summer Warm nights hot days for the next 6 months. Feeling better and much to do. Days are getting longer and longer and that is good.can't stay far from GOP Mafia they are everywhere. TreBert

The sun is warm, but lots of clouds here in Gresham. 64F as of 12:15 PM. Won't get much warmer today. Got to 80F yesterday, but more moderate temps are expect over the next week. As long as it stays dry!

Double-A

AA Weather does not change in LA. Cool nights Hot days No Rain and wind gusts.Talk on using ocean water.All flushing of toilets done with light or smell sensors. Waiting for final results on my operation.(May 5) My 3 workers are working out well Got a free cello phone and its part of a con game. Its a Budget phone. You take it to T-Mobile and for $400 you get one that works(WOW) Its a GOPer scam. TreBert
Old April 30th 15, 08:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and 59F as of 12:30 AM here in Gresham. No chance of rain.

In reading the book about Poincare, I was reading that in the math of topology, men have spent their whole careers pondering how many ways they could stretch a rubber band over a balloon, and alternatively a bagel! This may be a bit simplified, but it sounds like a line of work I wish I'd have gotten into!

Double-A

Old April 30th 15, 09:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 12:34:25 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Sunny and 59F as of 12:30 AM here in Gresham. No chance of rain.

In reading the book about Poincare, I was reading that in the math of topology, men have spent their whole careers pondering how many ways they could stretch a rubber band over a balloon, and alternatively a bagel! This may be a bit simplified, but it sounds like a line of work I wish I'd have gotten into!

Double-A

AA A bagel fits with local shape of the universe .It fits with my "CONVEX & CONCAVE THEORY" It use to be donuts but being a diabetic its bagels all the way down. TreBert
Old May 1st 15, 12:52 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 1:59:18 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 12:34:25 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Sunny and 59F as of 12:30 AM here in Gresham. No chance of rain.

In reading the book about Poincare, I was reading that in the math of topology, men have spent their whole careers pondering how many ways they could stretch a rubber band over a balloon, and alternatively a bagel! This may be a bit simplified, but it sounds like a line of work I wish I'd have gotten into!

Double-A

AA A bagel fits with local shape of the universe .It fits with my "CONVEX & CONCAVE THEORY" It use to be donuts but being a diabetic its bagels all the way down. TreBert

Bagels with cream cheese and lox!

Double-A

Old May 1st 15, 04:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA Liz Taylor got fat with Lox cream cheese and bagels.Hot Dry and bright Sun.Meeting all Orange county top guns on top floor of Anaheim tallest buildings My cop lady girl friend is going to tell me what they have to say. TreBert
Old May 2nd 15, 10:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, May 1, 2015 at 8:33:07 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Hope this isn't a commitment heating!

Sunny and clear hear, but still cool as fits the season. 61F here in Gresham as of 2:00 PM PDT. Heading for 68F, like yesterday.

Went downtown yesterday to the clinic. Got my prescriptions and had my blood drawn. (Ouch!) I think the only difference between doctors and the drug pushers on the street is that the doctors wear lab coats. I will have to break out of this cycle and start controlling my health solely through diet.
Old May 3rd 15, 09:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A nice but cool Sunday. Still only 65F as of 1:30 PM PDT here in Gresham. Expected high 72F.

Double-A

Old May 4th 15, 12:14 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 1:30:42 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
A nice but cool Sunday. Still only 65F as of 1:30 PM PDT here in Gresham. Expected high 72F.

Double-A

Twittering and Folly have long been posting on Twitter at

https://mobile.twitter.com/lettersnow

Double-A

Old May 4th 15, 09:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Cloudy and cool as of 1:15 PM here in Gresham. Only 59F. Expected high only 66F. Yesterday it actually made it to a perfect 72F!

Heard noises again last night. Of course I first assumed it must be a ghost! But investigated and found a mouse has been gnawing into a package of ramen on my pantry shelf. Next stop: Dollar Tree for a mouse trap!

My water heater has stopped working too. Get a real life again, and I start having real problems again!

Double-A

Old May 5th 15, 10:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Scattered clouds with showers here in Gresham. Only 58 as of 2:00 PM PDT.

I got some mouse traps at Dollar Tree (4 for $1). The first one I tried was so hair triggered that I couldn't make it stay set. The second one I was able to set and baited it with cheese. But when I checked it in the morning, the mouse had stolen the bait off the trap without springing it!

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM