CHASING LIGHT IN EINSTEIN'S SANE WORLD

Old November 2nd 14, 08:45 AM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default CHASING LIGHT IN EINSTEIN'S SANE WORLD

http://www.einstein-online.info/elem...speed_of_light
"Suppose that I measure a particular light signal's speed, and find the usual value of 299,792.458 kilometers (186,000 miles) per second. If I see a fast spaceship chase right after that signal, moving at half the speed of light (c/2), I would expect that an observer on that spaceship would measure the speed of my light signal at merely c - c/2 = c/2, half the value that I measured. Not so, according to special relativity! Simply subtracting speeds would only give the correct answer if the observer on that space-ship measured space and time, distance and duration in the same way that I do. As we have seen on the previous page, that's not the case. (...) Even from the point of view of an observer on the speeding spaceship, my light signal moves with exactly the same speed, c=299,792.458 kilometers per second."

That is, in Einstein's sane world, the observer on the spaceship measures the light signal's speed to be:

c' = c

In Newton's nonexistent world the answer would be:

c' = c - c/2 = c/2

In both worlds the frequency the observer on the spaceship measures is:

f' = f - f/2 = f/2,

where f is the frequency measured by the stationary observer. (There are certain relativistic corrections which are irrelevant to the argument - if the speed of the spaceship is small, they are perfectly negligible).

Clearly, the frequency measured by the spaceship observer (f'=f/2) is gloriously consistent with the speed of the light measured in Einstein's sane world (c'=c) and blatantly inconsistent with the speed of the light measured in Newton's nonexistent world (c'=c/2). The reason is that a cosmic conspiracy of the highest order is shaping the minds in Einstein's sane world while in Newton's nonexistent world there is no such conspiracy and human mind remains in a primitive, undeveloped state:

http://fr.scribd.com/doc/232184286/n...r-ies-v5-0-pdf
Neil deGrasse Tyson: "If everyone, everywhere and at all times, is to measure the same speed for the beam from your imaginary spacecraft, a number of things have to happen. First of all, as the speed of your spacecraft increases, the length of everything - you, your measuring devices, your spacecraft - shortens in the direction of motion, as seen by everyone else. Furthermore, your own time slows down exactly enough so that when you haul out your newly shortened yardstick, you are guaranteed to be duped into measuring the same old constant value for the speed of light. What we have here is a COSMIC CONSPIRACY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc3-29dguFs
Brian Greene: "Einstein proposed a truly stunning idea - that space and time could work together, constantly adjusting by exactly the right amount so that no matter how fast you might be moving, when you measure the speed of light it always comes out to be 671000000 miles per hour."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics...-nutshell.html
Brian Greene: "If space and time did not behave this way, the speed of light would not be constant and would depend on the observer's state of motion.. But it is constant; space and time do behave this way. Space and time adjust themselves in an exactly compensating manner so that observations of light's speed yield the same result, regardless of the observer's velocity."

Pentcho Valev
Old November 3rd 14, 11:21 AM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

http://www.pitt.edu/~jdnorton/teachi...ved/index.html
John Norton: "Every sound or light wave has a particular frequency and wavelength. In sound, they determine the pitch; in light they determine the color. Here's a light wave and an observer. If the observer were to hurry towards the source of the light, the observer would now pass wavecrests more frequently than the resting observer. That would mean that moving observer would find the frequency of the light to have increased (AND CORRESPONDINGLY FOR THE WAVELENGTH - THE DISTANCE BETWEEN CRESTS - TO HAVE DECREASED)."

Why should a moving observer in Einstein's sane world find the wavelength to have decreased? This certainly does not happen to an observer moving against other kinds of waves:

http://faculty.washington.edu/wilkes...erference..pdf
"Sound waves have speed c, and f and L are related by c=Lf. For an observer moving relative to medium with speed u, apparent propagation speed c' will be different: c'=c±u. Wavelength cannot change - it's a constant length in the medium, and same length in moving coordinate system (motion does not change lengths). Observed frequency has to change, to match apparent speed and fixed wavelength: f'=c'/L."

Answer: The moving observer should find the wavelength to have decreased because otherwise he would find the speed of the light to have increased which sounds totally insane in Einstein's sane world:

http://happynicetimepeople.com/wp-co...peed-limit.jpg

http://www.everythingimportant.org/E...neEinstein.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkLLXhONvQ
"We all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Everything is relative, even simultaneity, and soon Einstein's become a de facto physics deity. 'cos we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. We all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lE-I2I4i00
DIVINE EINSTEIN. "No-one's as dee-vine as Albert Einstein not Maxwell, Curie, or Bohr! His fame went glo-bell, he won the Nobel - He should have been given four! No-one's as dee-vine as Albert Einstein, Professor with brains galore! No-one could outshine Professor Einstein! He gave us special relativity, That's always made him a hero to me! No-one's as dee-vine as Albert Einstein, Professor in overdrive!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuxFXHircaI
Symphony of Science - Secret of the Stars. A musical celebration of E=MC squared and Einstein's theory of relativity. Featuring Michio Kaku, Brian Cox, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Brian Greene and Lisa Randall: "Light travels at the same speed No matter how you look at it No matter how I move relative to you Light travels at the same speed No matter who is doing the measurement And no matter what direction you are moving The speed of light is the same The speed of light is the same No matter what direction or how fast As you travel faster Time slows down Everything slows down Everything slows down Time slows down when you move Time passes at a different rate Clocks run slow It's a monumental shift in how we see the world It's a beautiful piece of science It's a beautifully elegant theory It's a beautiful piece of science It's a beautiful piece..."

http://www.krugozormagazine.com/main...Enshtein-3.jpg
"The Riverside Church in New York, west portal - upper line, second of right. In 1930, during a stay in New York, Albert Einstein and his wife visited the Riverside Church, too. During the detailed guided tour through the church Einstein was also shown the sculptures at the west portal. He was told that only one of the sculptures there represented a living person, and that was he himself. What Einstein is supposed to have thought in that moment when he heard that information and saw himself immortalized in stone? Contemporaries reported that he looked at the sculpture calmly and thoughtfully."

Pentcho Valev