All Peaceful in Oregon

Old February 6th 11, 12:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

Default All Peaceful in Oregon

On 2/5/2011 5:47 PM, Double-A wrote:
While the rest of the country seems to be getting ravished by endless
snow storms, we here have enjoyed very good weather through most of
January and now into February. Most days calm and dry and not too
cold, with some sun even shining through. I have enjoyed my
breakfasts with Kim without shivering.

It is amazing to watch Kim in her colorful clothes, standing out on a
grassy knoll, looking up and seemingly drawing the seagulls down out
of the sky! They gather around her in a docile manner, and she feeds
them the bread I give her out of my excess food stamp allocation. She
feeds the little birds too.

Our friend Mike was picked up by police the other night on an
outstanding warrant. He was supposed to paying monthly installments
on a fine for something he did long ago, but hasn't had any money to
pay for the last 11 months. He had to spend a cople days in jail, but
when he went before the judge, the judge reduced the sentence to time
served, and dismissed the remaining fine, and ended his probation! So
he is now a free man again.

The Haggen store that gave Kim and I shelter for the better part of a
year has finally succumbed to the ravishes of the reccesion and is
closing! Seven days left before the doors, that once never closed,
will now close forever! So sad, but their prices are just too high!

Posting today from the Cedar Mills Library. Used one of the bus
passes the employment office gave me to look for a job with.

Did you have any luck finding a job?
Old February 7th 11, 02:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hagar[_5_]

"HVAC" wrote in message
[...]

He didn't have to ... the day after the Superbowl all the
dumpsters are full to the brim ...

Old February 7th 11, 04:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 2/7/2011 9:48 AM, Hagar wrote:

Did you have any luck finding a job?

He didn't have to ... the day after the Superbowl all the
dumpsters are full to the brim ...

Score!