What if (on Largest stuff)

Old November 25th 10, 02:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

Default What if (on Largest stuff)

Its Thanksgiving so what was the larget turkey. We know the largest
crater is on the moon. Tallest mountain on Mars. Biggest canyon on
Mars Largest known planet is 11 times diameter of Jupiter the solar
systems largest planet. Biggest star in the night sky is Betelgeuse.
Biggest galaxy is M87 If I can come up with more I will post them You
all can do the same TrteBert
Old November 25th 10, 08:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hagar[_4_]

"bert" wrote in message
Its Thanksgiving so what was the larget turkey. We know the largest
crater is on the moon. Tallest mountain on Mars. Biggest canyon on
Mars Largest known planet is 11 times diameter of Jupiter the solar
systems largest planet. Biggest star in the night sky is Betelgeuse.
Biggest galaxy is M87 If I can come up with more I will post them You
all can do the same TrteBert

The largest turkey is, hands down, your "Convex/Concave" theory, BeeerBrain

Old November 25th 10, 11:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

On Nov 25, 3:25*pm, "Hagar" wrote:
"bert" wrote in message

Its Thanksgiving so what was the larget turkey. *We know the largest
crater is on the moon. Tallest mountain on Mars. Biggest canyon on
Mars Largest known planet is 11 times diameter of Jupiter the solar
systems largest planet. Biggest star in the night sky is Betelgeuse.
Biggest galaxy is M87 *If I can come up with more I will post them You
all can do the same * *TrteBert

The largest turkey is, hands down, your "Convex/Concave" theory, BeeerBrain

Einstein would have liked it Reality is "Concave curve of space is
100% Einstein. Convex is 100% Glazier Reality is the fact you don't
like the idea gives me great hope for it. TreBert
Old November 26th 10, 01:14 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Nov 25, 6:39*am, bert wrote:
Its Thanksgiving so what was the larget turkey. *We know the largest
crater is on the moon. Tallest mountain on Mars. Biggest canyon on
Mars Largest known planet is 11 times diameter of Jupiter the solar
systems largest planet. Biggest star in the night sky is Betelgeuse.
Biggest galaxy is M87 *If I can come up with more I will post them You
all can do the same * *TrteBert

The largest or most massive star is something like 300 Ms and
otherwise 2000 times radii.

~ BG
Old November 26th 10, 03:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 11/25/2010 3:18 PM, bert wrote:
On Nov 25, 3:25 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

Its Thanksgiving so what was the larget turkey. We know the largest
crater is on the moon. Tallest mountain on Mars. Biggest canyon on
Mars Largest known planet is 11 times diameter of Jupiter the solar
systems largest planet. Biggest star in the night sky is Betelgeuse.
Biggest galaxy is M87 If I can come up with more I will post them You
all can do the same TrteBert

The largest turkey is, hands down, your "Convex/Concave" theory, BeeerBrain

Einstein would have liked it Reality is "Concave curve of space is
100% Einstein. Convex is 100% Glazier Reality is the fact you don't
like the idea gives me great hope for it. TreBert

Convex, concave...It doesn't matter.

You stole the idea.

Per usual.

Old November 26th 10, 08:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

On Nov 25, 8:39*am, bert wrote:
Its Thanksgiving so what was the larget turkey. *We know the largest
crater is on the moon. Tallest mountain on Mars. Biggest canyon on
Mars Largest known planet is 11 times diameter of Jupiter the solar
systems largest planet. Biggest star in the night sky is Betelgeuse.
Biggest galaxy is M87 *If I can come up with more I will post them You
all can do the same * *TrteBert

If a planet was 11 times the diameter of Jupiter, it probably wan't a
planet at all,
but a quasi star, whatever those are. Jupiter and Saturn themselves,
as gas giants,
could be considered stars that never were. Arthur C. Clarke (r.i.p.)
in "2010: Odyssey 2" would agree.
Hey, that's this year!
Old November 26th 10, 12:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

On Nov 25, 9:39*am, bert wrote:
Its Thanksgiving so what was the larget turkey. *We know the largest
crater is on the moon. Tallest mountain on Mars. Biggest canyon on
Mars Largest known planet is 11 times diameter of Jupiter the solar
systems largest planet. Biggest star in the night sky is Betelgeuse.
Biggest galaxy is M87 *If I can come up with more I will post them You
all can do the same * *TrteBert

Here is two more Largest asteroid is "Ceres" Largest found in one
piece asteroid weighed 85 tons. (I forgot where it was found) Maybe
Africa? TreBert
Old November 26th 10, 03:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Nov 26, 4:13*am, bert wrote:
On Nov 25, 9:39*am, bert wrote:

Its Thanksgiving so what was the larget turkey. *We know the largest
crater is on the moon. Tallest mountain on Mars. Biggest canyon on
Mars Largest known planet is 11 times diameter of Jupiter the solar
systems largest planet. Biggest star in the night sky is Betelgeuse.
Biggest galaxy is M87 *If I can come up with more I will post them You
all can do the same * *TrteBert

Here is two more Largest asteroid is "Ceres" * Largest found in one
piece asteroid weighed 85 tons. (I forgot where it was found) Maybe
Africa? * TreBert

Actually the largest captured asteroid that's associated with Earth is
Selene (our moon), and it's the largest of any in relationship to its
planet (Earth). Of course Saturn, Jupiter and a few other planets
have captured moons, just that they are rather insignificant as far as
influence upon their planet.

How many billion rogue asteroids (say smaller than Sedna) are there in
our galaxy.

As stars die (losing most [up to 90%] of their mass); where do their
asteroids, comets, planets and associated moons that haven't lost much
their velocity go?

~ BG
Old November 26th 10, 03:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Nov 26, 12:30*am, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Nov 25, 8:39*am, bert wrote:

Its Thanksgiving so what was the larget turkey. *We know the largest
crater is on the moon. Tallest mountain on Mars. Biggest canyon on
Mars Largest known planet is 11 times diameter of Jupiter the solar
systems largest planet. Biggest star in the night sky is Betelgeuse.
Biggest galaxy is M87 *If I can come up with more I will post them You
all can do the same * *TrteBert

If a planet was 11 times the diameter of Jupiter, it probably wan't a
planet at all,
but a quasi star, whatever those are. *Jupiter and Saturn themselves,
as gas giants,
could be considered stars that never were. *Arthur C. Clarke (r.i.p.)
in "2010: Odyssey 2" would agree.
Hey, that's this year!

Starting at as little as 10x Jupiter and it's nearly a brown dwarf,
perhaps with moons the size of Earth. A 50+x Jupiter with planet
sized moons shouldn't be all that uncommon.

~ BG
Old November 26th 10, 03:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Nov 25, 6:39*am, bert wrote:
Its Thanksgiving so what was the larget turkey. *We know the largest
crater is on the moon. Tallest mountain on Mars. Biggest canyon on
Mars Largest known planet is 11 times diameter of Jupiter the solar
systems largest planet. Biggest star in the night sky is Betelgeuse.
Biggest galaxy is M87 *If I can come up with more I will post them You
all can do the same * *TrteBert

Thus far the biggest and likely most massive star is R136a1, starting
out at perhaps 325 Ms, and currently worth 264 Ms.
http://www.universetoday.com/69321/m...suns-at-birth/

Of course, red supergiants are still the largest form of stellar
evolution, with some of those exceeding 2000 radii.

I was wondering what percentage of stars are of 10 Ms or larger.
Considering the 10+ Ms worth perhaps at most 1%, and those of 20+ Ms
at 0.1%, and the monsters of 100+ Ms at not more than .0001% is still
a large number. Of those 20+ Ms are simply not as likely to have
planets, and this only subtracts or eliminates 0.1% from the total,
whereas those as having started out as less than 10 Ms should have
developed planets, suggesting that up to 99% of stars have been planet
worthy.

However, below 2 Ms seems best for planets, and perhaps as low as 0.5
Ms being near the .75 Ms ideal by lasting next to forever.
~ BG