Alternate US control module?

Old July 14th 03, 11:52 PM
EHylant

Default Alternate US control module?

Hi folks. I've been looking at the evolution of the space station project and I
thought I would avail myself of the expertise found here. I've been wondering--
if the US had undertaken ISS without the Russians (presumably at a 28.5 degree
orbit and following the current design absent Russian modules), what might have
replaced the FGB as control module? I assume either Bus-1 or ICM would be
candidates yet, AFAIK, neither could provide power or thermal control to early
components (e.g. Node 1). Any thoughts? ----------------------- Thanks in
advance.
Old July 15th 03, 03:01 AM
PLP56

Bus-1, at least in Option A. Power would have been taken care of by
building the station truss-first, with the nodes and labs coming later, as
envisioned in the SSF assembly sequences.

Thanks much. Would you know where on the web I might find Bus-1 specs and the
proposed Option A assembly sequence? Rgrds-- EHylant