Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer Bert's Prediction!

Old January 9th 07, 09:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell,sci.med.cardiology
Phineas T Puddleduck

Default CNotM NOMINATION: Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer Bert's Prediction!

In article
,
"Painius" wrote:

However, since PTP is in reality NOT a budding
astrophysicist, and is instead a kook-chasing
kook and all-around posier, Art Deco, then it is
easy to understand why he would think of "Brad"
instead of "Alan" when the surname "Guth" is
mentioned.

You know in a way you are utterly right, I should have thought Alan
first, not Brad. I guessed what confused me was the fact that Brad
actually may have a better grasp of the physics then you do...

You keep on believing I'm no astrophysicist Painius. It has no bearing
on reality, and I think it is truly funny that this is your SOLE defence
now to your complete silence on some pressing questions...

Note:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...f529712?hl=en&

When Bill got spnaked on black hole cosmology.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...d02ef6a?hl=en&

Bill talks of "faith" while unable to come up with a singular piece of
observational evidence.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...f10303d?hl=en&

Some questions still yet unaswered

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...f10303d?hl=en&

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...d024047?hl=en&

Bill claims electrons are vortices in the flow

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...7b91a62?hl=en&

Note - no answers from You or Bill, just a lot of hopeless,
pre-Maxwellian physics.

--
Saucerhead lingo #137

"(we) whupped yer incredible arse bigtime" = "we were asked a lot of
unanswerable questions we decided to avoid answering and kept repeating the
same old discredited nonsense".

Old January 9th 07, 09:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell,sci.med.cardiology
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article
,
"Painius" wrote:

So we are humbled by your esteemed attention
to our newsgroup and to our sometimes crazy
and seemingly inane, but awesome, wonderful
and universe-shaking thoughts and ideas. We
may sometimes amuse ourselves by jumping
all over your mistakes and ignorance, but i
assure you it's all in fun. Personally, i am
hoping that some of you will become more and
more interested in this "alternative" astronomy
and come up with some of your own awesome,
wonderful and universe-shaking ideas.

The dance is *everyting*!

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH AHAHAHHAHA

--

Saucerhead lingo #2102 "However, since PTP is in reality NOT a budding
astrophysicist..." ... "Perhaps if we try distraction as a tactic people

Old January 9th 07, 09:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell,sci.med.cardiology
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article
,
"Painius" wrote:

3) and we, well some of us perhaps worthy of
the nomenclature "saucerheads", do frequently
like to discuss our own ideas, as well as the
thoughts and ideas of people we respect and
admire, but who are not astronomers (as in
ferinstance Isaac Asimov and Gordon Wolter)
and hopefully to generate lively discussion on
these ideas. Yes, dear and charming Cardinal,
we risk the attack and humor of those in the
kook-chasing groups. Yes, we have as much
fun with you as we can, while you continue to
benefit us [tinu] with your presence here.

So do YOU believe in the "seans" then Painius? Do you have an alien
girlfriend just waiting to take you away?

A fantasy that fills my mind,
to leave this place before my time....

Old January 10th 07, 12:00 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell,sci.med.cardiology
Painius[_2_] Painius[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Phineas T Puddleduck" wrote...
in message news
In article ,
"Painius" wrote:

3) and we, well some of us perhaps worthy of
the nomenclature "saucerheads", do frequently
like to discuss our own ideas, as well as the
thoughts and ideas of people we respect and
admire, but who are not astronomers (as in
ferinstance Isaac Asimov and Gordon Wolter)
and hopefully to generate lively discussion on
these ideas. Yes, dear and charming Cardinal,
we risk the attack and humor of those in the
kook-chasing groups. Yes, we have as much
fun with you as we can, while you continue to
benefit us [tinu] with your presence here.

So do YOU believe in the "seans" then Painius? Do you have an alien
girlfriend just waiting to take you away?

A fantasy that fills my mind,
to leave this place before my time....

I do not discuss such close, personal beliefs one
way or the other with anyone, Phineas. But i will
say this...

Our Universe is believed to be at least 17 billion
years old, but our Solar System is less than 1/3
that age. Our own Galaxy contains billions of
stars like our Sun, and there are countless galaxies
like ours in the Universe.

To me, this means that it's entirely credible that
there are beings right here in our Galaxy who are
perhaps billions of years ahead of us.

Perhaps it's false security, but i find it settling and
gentling that there may be an advanced civilization
looking after us. As i am more than happily married,
an alien "girlfriend" does not appeal to me. The
*general* idea of an alien "friend" does appeal to
me a great deal.

Now, if you would be so kind... i take it black with
two sugars, please. g

--
SMILE... and light up the UNIVERSE!

Indelibly yours,
Paine
http://www.savethechildren.org/
http://www.painellsworth.net

Old January 10th 07, 12:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell,sci.med.cardiology
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article ,
"Painius" wrote:

So do YOU believe in the "seans" then Painius? Do you have an alien
girlfriend just waiting to take you away?

A fantasy that fills my mind,
to leave this place before my time....

I do not discuss such close, personal beliefs one
way or the other with anyone, Phineas. But i will
say this...

A very puzzling answer to a simple question...

Our Universe is believed to be at least 17 billion
years old, but our Solar System is less than 1/3
that age. Our own Galaxy contains billions of
stars like our Sun, and there are countless galaxies
like ours in the Universe.

To me, this means that it's entirely credible that
there are beings right here in our Galaxy who are
perhaps billions of years ahead of us.

Indeed, but its also entirely credible we are alone in this galaxy.
Until I see proof, although I would *like* it not to be the case, I have
to assume we are alone.

Old January 10th 07, 06:53 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell,sci.med.cardiology
Painius[_2_] Painius[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Phineas T Puddleduck" wrote...
in message news
In article ,
"Painius" wrote:
Phineas asked...

So do YOU believe in the "seans" then Painius? Do you have an alien
girlfriend just waiting to take you away?

A fantasy that fills my mind,
to leave this place before my time....

I do not discuss such close, personal beliefs one
way or the other with anyone, Phineas. But i will
say this...

A very puzzling answer to a simple question...

Very well, then, Phineas... no, i do not believe in
the "seans". That was probably somebody who
just wanted to get a reaction out of people.

What i do believe in is the potential, the likely
possibility, the logical probability that advanced
extraterrestrials exist. And i believe in their
benevolence.

Our Universe is believed to be at least 17 billion
years old, but our Solar System is less than 1/3
that age. Our own Galaxy contains billions of
stars like our Sun, and there are countless galaxies
like ours in the Universe.

To me, this means that it's entirely credible that
there are beings right here in our Galaxy who are
perhaps billions of years ahead of us.

Indeed, but its also entirely credible we are alone in this galaxy.
Until I see proof, although I would *like* it not to be the case, I have
to assume we are alone.

And i consider this to be illogical. You, like many
others, need to see a huge saucerlike spaceship
landing on your front lawn as "proof". There is
evidence all around. Just the fact that humans
haven't blown themselves up yet is a tiny hint
that someone's watching both the button AND
our little fingers.

One of my favorite bits of evidence is the way
the human brain tripled in size in "the blink of
an eye" as geological time goes. The mammal
brain took tens of millions of years to reach the
size of the chimpanzee brain. Then in the brief
stretch of 4-6 million years, it increased to the
size of Neandertal man, from 450cc to 1500cc.
Then came Cromagnon with 1100cc. It's not
incredible to me that the brain of the human
evolutionary line may have had a little help in
developing its size and complexity... a little
help from an advanced civilization.

Dinosaurs were around for 200 million years
with hardly the least change in brain size.
ONLY the primate line has enjoyed this type
of physical and mental evolutionary success.

If an advanced race of people does exist, the
gap in technology would make it seem that
they perform MAGIC from our pov. Such
beings may have served as our gods, our
angels, our witches and devils, even as some
of our magicians. I think my 4th grade teacher,
bless her heart, may have been an alien, and
one from a very ugly planet. g

Seriously though, i like you hesitate to take
the final step that some have taken. I am no
disciple of ETs and am waiting for further
evidence, harder evidence, before i actually
commit to a belief in them. But i argue a bit
better FOR them than AGAINST them because
i believe in the logic of their existence and of
their benevolence.

--
TIME... an *incredible* journey!

Old January 10th 07, 02:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default CNotM NOMINATION: Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer...

Painius To much in fighting going on in a posted dedicated to my aging
the universe. I hate when they try fatten their ego with a bunch of
crappy points so they can call themselves a winner. Lets stay with
the size and age of our universe,and all be nice.Virtual pat each other
on the back. Bert

Old January 10th 07, 02:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default : Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer Bert's 22 Billion...

The Sun's nebular begs the question How big was it? Some can be 100 LY
That's a lot of hydrogen and helium Is our Sun and Alpha Centauri
close cousins. They share the same nebular Now since I have added up
time lapses to get to 22 billion years,and best to keep in mind our
nebular is all used up,would any of you like to guess how long I gave
for our nebular to get used up? You won't find the answer in Google
until I put it there. Bert

Old January 10th 07, 07:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell,sci.med.cardiology
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article
,
"Painius" wrote:

Indeed, but its also entirely credible we are alone in this galaxy.
Until I see proof, although I would *like* it not to be the case, I have
to assume we are alone.

And i consider this to be illogical. You, like many
others, need to see a huge saucerlike spaceship
landing on your front lawn as "proof". There is
evidence all around. Just the fact that humans
haven't blown themselves up yet is a tiny hint
that someone's watching both the button AND
our little fingers.

Science requires proof. Faith does not. I have seen nothing that even
comes close to being believable. And humans are a much more resilient
species then that Painius.... I don't feel we need babysitters. We're
stupid, arrogant and sometimes thoughtless creatures, but we don't need
a babysitter - whether its an imaginary white bearded man in the sky or
aliens.

One of my favorite bits of evidence is the way
the human brain tripled in size in "the blink of
an eye" as geological time goes. The mammal
brain took tens of millions of years to reach the
size of the chimpanzee brain. Then in the brief
stretch of 4-6 million years, it increased to the
size of Neandertal man, from 450cc to 1500cc.
Then came Cromagnon with 1100cc. It's not
incredible to me that the brain of the human
evolutionary line may have had a little help in
developing its size and complexity... a little
help from an advanced civilization.

Or a natural outgrowth. No need for external help

Dinosaurs were around for 200 million years
with hardly the least change in brain size.
ONLY the primate line has enjoyed this type
of physical and mental evolutionary success.

We're still very uncertain of what dinosaurs achieved.

If an advanced race of people does exist, the
gap in technology would make it seem that
they perform MAGIC from our pov. Such
beings may have served as our gods, our
angels, our witches and devils, even as some
of our magicians. I think my 4th grade teacher,
bless her heart, may have been an alien, and
one from a very ugly planet. g

Seriously though, i like you hesitate to take
the final step that some have taken. I am no
disciple of ETs and am waiting for further
evidence, harder evidence, before i actually
commit to a belief in them. But i argue a bit
better FOR them than AGAINST them because
i believe in the logic of their existence and of
their benevolence.

--
TIME... an *incredible* journey!

I see no evidence. If you are arguing that the fact we are still here is
due to benevolence, and that benevolence is non-invasionary (as in, it
affects its changes without making its presence felt) then all well and
good. But Occam strikes clean here, I feel.

Old January 10th 07, 10:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Pudduck Dinosaurs,and plant life living and dying 250 million years
ago,and now in our spacetime made the Bush's rich. They did not die for
nothing Even now they are warming the Earth from their left over
hydro-carbons Bert