...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

Old May 17th 06, 05:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station

Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: Eric Chomko wrote:

: : And I find it fascinating how you define 'sensible people' as 'people
: : who agree with your world view'.
:
: : That is not how I define 'sensible people. I find it fascinating that
: : you think that it is. Ordover has a long history of being a
: : non-sensible person.
:
: You say that about a lot of people and the list appears to
: be growing.

: No, not many.

: Is Derek next, because he isn't another yes-man to you?

: No, he's just a curmudgeon.

You calling anyone a 'curmudgeon' is the best example of "the pot calling
the kettle black" I have seen in awhile.

Old May 17th 06, 05:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: Eric Chomko wrote:

: How does state government money end up backing commercial spaceflight?

: New Mexico is investing over $200M in a commercial spaceport.

Do you have a cite for this? Not because I don't believe you but because
I'd like to learn more about it.

And before you claim Google is my friend, do it for others...

Eric
Old May 17th 06, 05:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station

wrote:

: wrote:
: Rand Simberg wrote:
: Eric Chomko wrote:
:
: How does state government money end up backing commercial spaceflight?
:
: New Mexico is investing over $200M in a commercial spaceport.
:
: Please source this, including the specific tracking data on the bill
: passed by the NM legislature investing this money, or the official
: goverment department that cut the check or is planning to do so.
:
: In fact, Rand, there's really no point in you posting anything without
: sourcing it.

: Never mind - if this is the source of your claim

:
http://www.space.com/news/060102_nm_spaceport.html

: then please note that as yet the state of NM has not appropriated any
: such sum of money for a spaceport. At this moment it's all possible
: proposals, and relies on -adding a tax burden to the residents of New
: Mexico- to support the project that is already spending taxpayers
: money.

: From the above article:

: "New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson announced on December 14 that he
: will work with the state legislature to secure a three-year commitment
: for a total of $100 million for the state's share of the funding to
: build the world's first commercial spaceport to be built in southern
: New Mexico.

: Richardson's funding package will be the keystone of a larger $225
: million financial construction package that includes local, state and
: federal funding to build New Mexico's spaceport in Upham.

: Homans said the additional funding is expected to come from a
: combination of sources, including: Federal earmarks and appropriations
: over the next three fiscal years; Southern New Mexico cities and
: counties, by a proposed local option gross receipts tax that will be
: decided by the voters; and other state sources, including future
: transportation funding and money that has already been approved by the
: state legislature for construction of the spaceport."

Thanks, sure beats Rand's insults...

I'm starting to wonder if he's suffering from Tourette Syndrome?
Old May 17th 06, 06:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: Eric Chomko wrote:

: How does state government money end up backing commercial spaceflight?

: New Mexico is investing over $200M in a commercial spaceport.

Is this one going to be coneviently located near the the existing NASA
facility (TDRSS Ground Station)?
Old May 17th 06, 10:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station

Eric Chomko wrote:
Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: Eric Chomko wrote:

: How does state government money end up backing commercial spaceflight?

: New Mexico is investing over $200M in a commercial spaceport.

Is this one going to be coneviently located near the the existing NASA
facility (TDRSS Ground Station)?

Not that I know of. There would be no reason to.