So, where I was last week....

Old June 23rd 09, 04:39 AM posted to sci.space.history
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

Default So, where I was last week....

I've mentioned elsewhere I believe that I teach cave rescue techniques.
Once a year the organization I'm with does a week long training seminar.

What's that got to do with ssh you may ask?

Let's just say the area I was in has lots of karst and was home to three
astronauts, one of whom has an airport named after them.

I'll let others figure out exactly where that is.

(Oh and drove by the airport too.)

--
Greg Moore
Ask me about lily, an RPI based CMC.

Old June 23rd 09, 06:52 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:
I've mentioned elsewhere I believe that I teach cave rescue
techniques. Once a year the organization I'm with does a week long
training seminar.

What's that got to do with ssh you may ask?

Let's just say the area I was in has lots of karst and was home to
three astronauts, one of whom has an airport named after them.

I'll let others figure out exactly where that is.

(Oh and drove by the airport too.)

KARST!?
Not them! The Deros are bad enough, but I didn't suspect that your
"colonists" were the Karst.
It's a _good_ thing that they are getting White Nose Syndrome and dying,
before they can start harvesting human organs again...and laying their
eggs in the unfortunate victims.
You go to the doctor right now Mr. Moore and get a whole-body X-ray, for
it's a rare person who goes into a Karst-infested cave and emerges with
everything inside of him that he started out with.
And pray to God those X-rays don't show a group of grape-sized eggs
lurking in your large intestine....assuming you _still have_ a large
intestine. :-)

Pat
Old June 23rd 09, 07:37 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

Pat Flannery writes:

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:
I've mentioned elsewhere I believe that I teach cave rescue techniques. Once
a year the organization I'm with does a week long training seminar.

What's that got to do with ssh you may ask?

Let's just say the area I was in has lots of karst and was home to three
astronauts, one of whom has an airport named after them.

I'll let others figure out exactly where that is.

OK, I'll bite, Mike Smith has an airport named after him in
Beaufort NC. Don't know about home to 3 astronauts, haven't been
on Google enough yet.

There's this about karst in NC:

http://www.geology.enr.state.nc.us/G.../sinkholes.htm

Am I warm?

Dave
Old June 23rd 09, 10:33 PM posted to sci.space.history
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"David Spain" wrote in message
OK, I'll bite, Mike Smith has an airport named after him in
Beaufort NC. Don't know about home to 3 astronauts, haven't been
on Google enough yet.

There's this about karst in NC:

http://www.geology.enr.state.nc.us/G.../sinkholes.htm

Am I warm?

Dave

Nope.

Though I will say surprisingly, while I drove by the airport, and saw the
name, I don't easily find mention of it on google.

Old June 24th 09, 02:35 AM posted to sci.space.history
Chris

On Jun 23, 5:33*pm, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:

Though I will say surprisingly, while I drove by the airport, and saw the
name, I don't easily find mention of it on google.

Tom Stafford Airport, in Weatherford, OK?

Chris Manteuffel

Old June 24th 09, 10:59 PM posted to sci.space.history
Peter Stickney[_2_]

OM wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:35:44 -0700 (PDT), Chris
wrote:

On Jun 23, 5:33Â*pm, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:

Though I will say surprisingly, while I drove by the airport, and saw
the name, I don't easily find mention of it on google.

Tom Stafford Airport, in Weatherford, OK?

...Jose Jimenez Memorial Aerodrome in Mexico City?

Nah - Jose Jimenez in in Nevada.
How far into Nevada we're not really sure.

Is that your Crash Helmet?
Ooh - I hope not!
--
Pete Stickney

Old June 25th 09, 01:42 AM posted to sci.space.history
Frogwatch[_2_]

wrote:

Though I will say surprisingly, while I drove by the airport, and saw
the name, I don't easily find mention of it on google.

Tom Stafford Airport, in Weatherford, OK?

...Jose Jimenez Memorial Aerodrome in Mexico City?

Nah - Jose Jimenez in in Nevada.
How far into Nevada we're not really sure.

Is that your Crash Helmet?
Ooh - I hope not!
--
Pete Stickney

Huntsville? Do any caving?
Old June 25th 09, 04:55 AM posted to sci.space.history
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

Huntsville is a good guess and I have done caving there (but unfortunately
did not have time to visit the center there.)

Unfortunately, not there this year.

A bit further north.

Old June 25th 09, 08:07 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Peter Stickney wrote:
Nah - Jose Jimenez in in Nevada.
How far into Nevada we're not really sure.

That's _deep_ in Nevada.
And how deep?
Oh, about ten to twelve feet.

Pat