Number 14 Welding glass, from where??

Old October 16th 05, 10:35 AM
Pussels

Default Number 14 Welding glass, from where??

Hi, I am planning on observing the next total eclipse. I would like to buy
some number 14 welding glasses. These are not available to this density in
Australia.

Can somebody please give me the details where they can be purchased in the
US. Apparently only SOME welding supply places stock them!

thanks for any hints.

Brian

Old October 16th 05, 03:57 PM

are these what you want ? if these links dont work i went to
www.ebay.com and did a search on 14 welding glass.

Regards.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...fstype=1&from=
R10&satitle=+14+welding&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&
sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo= &saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHADE-14-4-5-x5-...-LENS-NEW_W0QQ
itemZ7553615631QQcategoryZ11774QQssPageNameZWDVWQQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Old October 16th 05, 05:06 PM

Brian, check out ebay US www.ebay.com submit 93210714
in the search box - that brinbgs up a 14 glass that may do, that
also ship to australia
(i got that result by searching on ebay 14 welding glass, there were
quite a few results, but that particular one sends to australia from
indiannopolis)

Regards, Si.

Old October 16th 05, 05:33 PM
Roger Hamlett

wrote in message
ups.com...
Brian, check out ebay US www.ebay.com submit 93210714
in the search box - that brinbgs up a 14 glass that may do, that
also ship to australia
(i got that result by searching on ebay 14 welding glass, there were
quite a few results, but that particular one sends to australia from
indiannopolis)

Regards, Si.

However, unless you want the glass to weld with as well, a pair of
spectacles made with Baader film, would really be better. The reason suh
glass has become rare, is that most people working at the sort of currents
that require a glass this dense, will be using a reactive mask now, so
sales of the glasses have plummeted.

Best Wishes

Old October 17th 05, 12:16 PM
Pussels

Thanks Si and others. I found it on eBay as suggested and it looks like it
should fit the bill nicely.
thanks guys.

I'm off to observe eclipse in Libya next year!!

Brian

ups.com...