Unusual payloads

Old September 18th 04, 10:32 PM
CosmoS

Default Unusual payloads

This 1998 CNN/Associated Press article gives a hint about "lightweight
items taken on each shuttle flight for the novelty of being in space":

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/9801/11/dinosaur.in.space.ap/

Does anyone have the list ?

Old September 19th 04, 08:07 PM
Brian Gaff

I see in news that someone is sending a can of water into space on an
expendable, I also see that the sender has a sense of humour, ie, called it
slosh.

Um...

Why?

Brian

Email:
__________________________________

"CosmoS" wrote in message
This 1998 CNN/Associated Press article gives a hint about "lightweight
items taken on each shuttle flight for the novelty of being in space":

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/9801/11/dinosaur.in.space.ap/

Does anyone have the list ?

---

Old September 19th 04, 09:28 PM
Damon Hill

"Brian Gaff" wrote in
. uk:

I see in news that someone is sending a can of water into space on an
expendable, I also see that the sender has a sense of humour, ie,
called it slosh.

Um...

Why?

Done all the way back to Saturn 1 days; mostly as ballast
and also released at altitude as some sort of atmospheric
experiment.

Wonder if they used local tap water or if it was distilled/
purified?

--Damon