Ares I fratricide on Orion during abort

Old July 21st 09, 03:54 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
BradGuth

Default Ares I fratricide on Orion during abort

On Jul 17, 9:18*pm, David Spain wrote:
Couldn't the issue here be resolved by using chute material other
than nylon? How about Kevlar? Or Beta cloth? Something that won't
'heat wilt' Maybe burn through holes on direct contact but not
wilt.

Dave

Silica or basalt might outlast the inferno.

An extra 10 gee boost may not be sufficient unless there's a few spare
seconds to work with.

~ BG
Old July 21st 09, 04:43 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Kevin Willoughby

OM wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 23:40:29 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

....Except that she's really not *that* attractive.
For those of us who find "smart" attractive, she most certainly is.

Just did a Google Image Search for her - are you sure that's a woman?

It's a wide-open secret that she's a lesbian. So, yes, I'm sure she's a
woman.

Looks
and dresses like a man.

....My sentiments exactly.

This is a quite deliberate decision on her part. As long as she wears a
drab, austere grey suit, no one can accuse her of using titillation to
attract an audience.
--
Kevin Willoughby lid

It doesn't take many trips in Air Force One
to spoil you. -- Ronald Reagan
Old July 21st 09, 05:25 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Andre Lieven[_3_]

On Jul 20, 7:06*pm, kevin willoughby
wrote:
OM wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 09:32:50 -0700 (PDT), Andre Lieven
wrote:

I almost forgot "Chasing Rachel"... a little blog for straight men who
really want to nail Rachel Maddow, and save her from her liberal lesbian
curse.
Or, show her that the other side can be fun, too... Not that there's
anything wong with that...

....Except that she's really not *that* attractive.

For those of us who find "smart" attractive, she most certainly is.

Yes, that is yet another part of her attractiveness. I, for one, find
smart women tend to be far more attractive than just a cursory
look at their appearance might suggest.

Andre
Old July 21st 09, 07:55 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

David Spain wrote:One more post on this whole Rachael Maddow thing, and
then I
swear I'm done with this thread.

So this is Pat's vision of the dream date?

http://www.motherjones.com/files/res...de.322high.jpg

I can't even possibly *imagine* what a Pat nightmare must be like!

You have to see her in action on her show; there's a hidden heat
smoldering there, like Mt. Vesuvius. ;-)

Pat
Old July 21st 09, 09:18 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

kevin willoughby wrote:

This is a quite deliberate decision on her part. As long as she wears
a drab, austere grey suit, no one can accuse her of using titillation
to attract an audience.

It's a pretty calculated move on her part, she has to "look" lesbian,
you know. :-)

Pat
Old July 21st 09, 03:00 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

David Spain wrote:

http://www.motherjones.com/files/res...de.322high.jpg

I can't even possibly *imagine* what a Pat nightmare must be like!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...lin_makeup.jpg
"I'm Sarah the sailorman, I'm Sarah the sailorman, I shoot all them
mooses, and McCain's stratagies make useless...I'm Sarah the sailorman."

Pat
Old July 22nd 09, 01:34 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"David Spain" wrote in message
One more post on this whole Rachael Maddow thing, and then I
swear I'm done with this thread.

So this is Pat's vision of the dream date?

No, Pat's got the hots for Venusians, and Purple-haired ladies who live (and
love) on the Moon.