Florida Today Kisses Obama Ass

Old December 28th 08, 03:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Default Florida Today Kisses Obama Ass

Florida Today Kisses Obama Ass :

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...29/1006/news01

We want our cushy jobs guaranteed for another generation, with
guarantees that we will never have to produce anything of value for
America and its space program. It's all about our cushy jobs, get it?

And we got us a senile old astronaut to help us make our point!
Old December 28th 08, 05:32 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Well, someone cannot spell multiple, must have typist on their staff lkie
me!

So which astronaut are you talking about, not mentioned in piece which seems
quite clearly thought out to me. As they are fond of saying, Sending men
into space (and presumably women, but don't mention that to the Russians_ is
really hard. One would expect to have problems, delays and cost overruns.
That is life.
I'm not sure about using expendables. If its just to speed things up, then
is this not back to the shortcuts that got astronauts killed before? Now as
to whether the current plan is any safer, well, using proven hardware is one
thing, but trying to use it to do more than before is probably not a good
idea, especially as you cannot turn off a solid very well, once you have lit
it.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old December 28th 08, 05:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Brian Gaff wrote:

So which astronaut are you talking about

I guess it was in the comments, sorry about that. Some old fart wrote an
op-ed for one of American fascist Rupert Murdoch's fascist newspapers.

Bill Nelson was mentioned, he's an astronaut too, right?

I nominate this for the worst space op-ed of all time.
Old December 28th 08, 10:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
BradGuth

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...226029/1006/ne...

We want our cushy jobs guaranteed for another generation, with
guarantees that we will never have to produce anything of value for
America and its space program. It's all about our cushy jobs, get it?

And we got us a senile old astronaut to help us make our point!

What working percentage of this nation is not federal, state, county,
city or otherwise civil service employed or having been contracted for
their own benefit?

It's far less than 40%, isn't it?

In most any given interpretation, there's a serious conflict of
interest that's ongoing and only getting worse.

~ BG
Old December 28th 08, 10:27 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
BradGuth

On Dec 28, 9:40*am, kT wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
So which astronaut are you talking about

I guess it was in the comments, sorry about that. Some old fart wrote an
op-ed for one of American fascist Rupert Murdoch's fascist newspapers.

Bill Nelson was mentioned, he's an astronaut too, right?

I nominate this for the worst space op-ed of all time.

Anything BHO does for salvaging our NASA is on borrowed loot, and the
service charge for that borrowed loot is compounding. I vote we shut
it all down, giving whatever lose ends over to our USAF, unless
outsourcing to India isn't a better idea.

We could lease out parts of KSC to India, China and even Russia, as
otherwise their business and loot is going to flow into Cuba. Of
course our Guantanamo could also become a terrific launch facility,
except that BHO is most likely and rightfully going to give it back to
Cuba.

~ BG
Old December 29th 08, 02:31 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
bob haller safety advocate

On Dec 28, 5:27�pm, BradGuth wrote:
On Dec 28, 9:40�am, kT wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:
[...]

why would they lease a high cost more northern location with tons of
regulations when they could go to cuba, and just hire skilled high
cost workers as needed?

doing it the later way saves big bucks
Old December 29th 08, 06:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
BradGuth

On Dec 28, 9:40 am, kT wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:
[...]

I agree, Cuba has it all, and then some.

We could turn KSC into a terrific theme park for the unemployed and
soon to be homeless.

~ BG
Old December 29th 08, 02:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Martha Adams

On Dec 28, 9:40�am, kT wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:
[...]

I think disjointed and chaotic text like this, is the very best way to
see a topic that is
central to our future, discarded into the wastebin. The people in
Washington who
are shuffling our money around like pieces on a chess board, seem
motivated
more by personal gain than by any elements of America's future. They
will,
however, sometimes respond to rational argument.

*Provided* rational argument exists. What could signal its complete
absence
better than "Florida Today Kisses Obama Ass"? ??

Titeotwawki -- mha [sci.space.policy 2008 Dec 29]