Einstein's Blunder(was:God does not exist)

Old June 17th 06, 02:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Einstein's Blunder(was:God does not exist)

On 15 Jun 2006 18:57:59 -0700, "Hulei boy"
wrotF:

Michael Gray wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:51:47 -0400, "J.W. Watson"
wrote:
- Refer:

"Michael Gray" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 00:14:59 -0400, "J.W. Watson"
wrote:
- Refer:

"Michael Gray" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 02:39:54 -0500, wbarwell
wrote:
- Refer:
Michael Gray wrote:

A.P.: FAP, SAP, CRAP etc.
The fact is, there has to be infinate numbers of other universes
otherwise ours could not exist!

What utter rubbish.

Hardly.

Guth and others have shown that ours is
but one island Universe in a sea of infinite
Universes.

They have not 'shown' it, they have proposed it.

If you can point me to the paper where they establish it as a fact,
then I will withdraw and apologise profusely.

Do you know what the Cosmological constants are?

Yes.

Can you define any of these coincidences? If not you
are way out of your league. - Bill

Can you answer my plain objection to the totally unwarranted
employment of absolute certainty?
It is not a "fact", and no amount of arrogant pulling of unexplored
assumed educational superiority can cure that fault.

Point to the paper, or retract your statement.
No more hand-waving.

Einstein ignored the implication if his general relativity theory
which pointed to one of the cosmological constants. He called
this the greatest blunder of his career. - Bill

I have given you several opportunities to behave like a sane and
reasonable adult.
On every occasion, you have completely ignored my simple question, and
tried to distract the discussion, in the most transparently puerile
manner.

You have shown me that I was correct in my very low judgement of both
your intellect, education, and sanity.

I do not intend to waste any more time on one as deficient in honesty
as you.

*plonk*

--

To tie it back to religion...

"If there is a religion that would cope with the modern scientific
needs it would be Buddhism." -- Einstein.

You can also read: Einstein and Buddha: The Parallel Sayings.

These ol' physics geniuses new the value of the ancient Buddhist and
Vedic texts of India.

Einstein was an idiot

[[Sound of teeth falling out of astronomy professors and students]]

when it came to the relationship of science to religion. He was
brilliant in his area of expertise but an idiot in most others.
(Didn't he marry his cousin or something like that?) Anyhow, a trained
astrophysicist can be and often is an ignoramus in any one of a
thousand other disciplines, some even as mundane as changing the oil
in your car, or balancing a checkbook.

Although Christianity in the middle ages paradoxically frustrated and
even persecuted the scientific minded, it ultimately revised its
position to the point that it encouraged study and appreciation of the
created order as a means of glorfying God as the scriptures clearly
espouse

Buddhism essentially denies scientific reality with its double-speak
emphasis on personal subjective "reality."