response to Under Pressure

Old January 17th 04, 03:19 PM
VTrade

Default response to Under Pressure

Hi there John Doe..

Sea Level pressure is only 14.7 psi at the equator or just above it - around
NASA - for example. Where I am it is 13.6 psi. - Don't you guys even know
what's out there?

Car tires are not inflated to 30 psi if you take into consideration the
Barometric Pressure - they are inflated to 65 psi. - Do you guys put - 35
psi in your tires?

I will let you do your dishes as you have made such a mess showing your ..

Commercial Aircraft handle no pressure in between the cabin and altitude air
pressure as it is a contained Atmosphere - I would go into detail - but I
only help my friends.

The International Space Station has precise monitoring from only one
source - Space! If you knew this

That sounds like Military Jet Aircraft because only a Fighter Jet uses jet
engines to pump air back into the cabin. - are you guys military?

Once again if you are NASA don't look at my Web Site because I have decided to ban you

http://www.user.dccnet.com/vtrade/HomePage.html

Old January 17th 04, 09:58 PM
kegwasher

VTrade wrote:

Car tires are not inflated to 30 psi if you take into consideration the
Barometric Pressure - they are inflated to 65 psi. - Do you guys put - 35
psi in your tires?

Uhh, that makes 44.7psia at sea level not 65 if the psig is 30.

Commercial Aircraft handle no pressure in between the cabin and altitude
air pressure as it is a contained Atmosphere - I would go into detail -
but I only help my friends.

If there were no pressure difference between an aircraft cabin and the
ambiant cruising altitude we would not call the controls for it the "the
Cabin Pressure Control System". If there were no pressure difference
between the cabin (pressurized to around 8000ft equiv in most commercial
aircraft) there would be no cooling flow through most avionics bays. What
do you try to say with contained? That the air stays that started there?
not hardly. A rather large new commercial aircraft that I am involved with
has a mass flow rate of around 6.5kg/min through the outflow valves at
flight level. I forget the turnover rate but you do not rebreath as much
air as you think in typical commercial travel.

Old January 17th 04, 11:48 PM
SpaceJunkie

See individual responses below
"VTrade" wrote in message ...
Hi there John Doe..

Sea Level pressure is only 14.7 psi at the equator or just above it - around
NASA - for example. Where I am it is 13.6 psi. - Don't you guys even know
what's out there?

What does that have to do with anything?

Car tires are not inflated to 30 psi if you take into consideration the
Barometric Pressure - they are inflated to 65 psi. - Do you guys put - 35
psi in your tires?

It doesn't matter what the total pressure is, only the delta between the inside of the tire and the outside (barometric pressure), which for most tires is 30-35 psi.

I will let you do your dishes as you have made such a mess showing your .

WHAT???

Commercial Aircraft handle no pressure in between the cabin and altitude air
pressure as it is a contained Atmosphere - I would go into detail - but I
only help my friends.

Yes, commercial aircraft handle delta pressure. People start dying at altutudes of ~26,000 ft or more. Trans-oceanic commercial aircraft often cruise at 35,000 ft. Therfore the aircraft needs to provide extra pressure to keep all the paasengers from suffering severe health effects.

The International Space Station has precise monitoring from only one
source - Space! If you knew this

Where else would you monitor it from, moron, the moon??

That sounds like Military Jet Aircraft because only a Fighter Jet uses jet
engines to pump air back into the cabin. - are you guys military?

Many things at NASA are military related. The Air Force is the single greatest customer of aerospace research!!

In earlier posts you wrote:

Now, if there is a Vacuum on the outside and pressure on the inside - What happens? You have more Vacuum.

You can not have more vacuum!! That is like saying when there is a lack of light you have more darkness!! Take a frickin' Physics course. The correct way of saying what you intended is there is a greater delta pressure between the inside of the station and space than there is if you had the same module on the Earth's surface. Also you stated from above : Commercial Aircraft handle no pressure in between the cabin and altitude air pressure as it is a contained Atmosphere
The Station has a contained atmosphere as well. Therefore by your reasoning, there is no delta pressure on the station, yet you just contradicted yourself when you said the station had more vacuum (stupid, I know) Write about things which you actully have some knowledge about in the future.

NASA insists that the pressure of the Space Station should be at 100 lbs of Atmosphere.

Says who?? Wrong again, PCU breath (You probably don't know what a PCU is but, trust me, it is an insult)!! The station is maintained at 14.7 psi with a mix of N2 and O2 that is very close to the atmosphere on Earth (the only way to get a perfect match would be if we put pollutants in the air)

Once again if you are NASA don't look at my Web Site because I have decided to ban you

And keep all this wonderful "education" for yourself?? Thank you because the world doesn't need idiots like yourself pasing wrong information.

Under Pressure VTrade Space Station 3 January 17th 04 07:21 PM
pressure increases on ISS (that's a good thing) Chris Jones Space Station 0 January 12th 04 04:41 PM
Flight Controllers Monitor Decay in Air Pressure Jacques van Oene Space Station 0 January 6th 04 02:31 PM
Pressure monitoring in station BigSkier Space Station 2 December 1st 03 04:19 PM
ISS On-Orbit Status, 22-10-2003 Jacques van Oene Space Station 0 October 23rd 03 09:56 AM