Letterman Gets Sirius

Old November 20th 04, 04:28 PM
David G. Nagel

Stephen Paul wrote:

"Howard Lester" wrote in message

"Stephen Paul" wrote

I understand Dave to have been a meteorologist in his previous career.

He "did the weather" on an Indiana tv station.

At the very least, I'll bet it was entertaining. g

Not really...

Dave Nagel
Old November 20th 04, 08:24 PM
Stuart Goldman

Is Dave a closet astrogeek? Did Johnny pass on his 'scope?

If you watch the Late Show regularly, you'll see that he talks about
astronomy and space fairly often. He mentioned the Leonids this past
week too. And has had professional astronomers as guests.

Over the course of several weeks earlier in the year, he had concerns
about the Moon and Venus, which I put an end to. You can hear a clip as
an MP3 file he

http://stuartgoldman.home.comcast.ne...anNightSky.mp3

Although he said my name wrong, it was still one of my proudest moments.
(Probably second place to the time I was the guy he made fun of in the
audience during the monologue in April 2001).

Stuart Goldman

Old November 21st 04, 03:24 PM
Marty

ESMAIL! Welcome back!
Marty

Old November 21st 04, 03:52 PM
Richard F.L.R. Snashall

Stuart Goldman wrote:

Is Dave a closet astrogeek? Did Johnny pass on his 'scope?

Although he said my name wrong, it was still one of my proudest moments.
(Probably second place to the time I was the guy he made fun of in the
audience during the monologue in April 2001).

At least he got the publication you work for incorrect!;-)

Stuart Goldman

--

Rick S.

http://users.rcn.com/rflrs

Old November 23rd 04, 06:31 PM
Steven T King

story is that he was fired for referring to the Veteran's memorial in the
circle as the "state plant" - an asparagus. it does look like one.

stk

Old November 23rd 04, 07:01 PM
lal_truckee

Stuart Goldman wrote:
Is Dave a closet astrogeek? Did Johnny pass on his 'scope?

If you watch the Late Show regularly, you'll see that he talks about
astronomy and space fairly often. He mentioned the Leonids this past
week too. And has had professional astronomers as guests.

Over the course of several weeks earlier in the year, he had concerns
about the Moon and Venus, which I put an end to. You can hear a clip as
an MP3 file he

http://stuartgoldman.home.comcast.ne...anNightSky.mp3

Although he said my name wrong, it was still one of my proudest moments.
(Probably second place to the time I was the guy he made fun of in the
audience during the monologue in April 2001).

Good for you.
But I feel obliged to say, that audio clip sure remind me why I never
watch him (or any of his competitors.)

I'd rather watch the most wretched of old movies than him or his ilk.
Better, I'd rather still be out under the clear night sky.
Old November 23rd 04, 10:05 PM
David G. Nagel

Steven T King wrote:
story is that he was fired for referring to the Veteran's memorial in the
circle as the "state plant" - an asparagus. it does look like one.

stk
"Stephen Paul" wrote in message

"Howard Lester" wrote in message

"Stephen Paul" wrote

I understand Dave to have been a meteorologist in his previous career.

He "did the weather" on an Indiana tv station.

At the very least, I'll bet it was entertaining. g

No he wasn't fired for that or any other reason. He left Indy at the end
of the school year when he graduated from college.
I happened to be watching the news on his final day on local television.
He left for Hollywood and stardum.

Dave Nagel
Old November 24th 04, 04:50 AM
Stephen Paul

"David G. Nagel" wrote in message

I happened to be watching the news on his final day on local television.
He left for Hollywood and stardum.

You seem bitter about it.

Old November 25th 04, 04:36 AM
David G. Nagel

Stephen Paul wrote:
"David G. Nagel" wrote in message

I happened to be watching the news on his final day on local television.
He left for Hollywood and stardum.

You seem bitter about it.

No. I really could care less about him. I just don't know how much.
However, people do like him and that is not only their privilege it's
their right. I wish him continued luck.

Dave Nagel