Amateur Astronomy Jokes

Old October 22nd 03, 05:48 AM
Starstuffed

Default Amateur Astronomy Jokes

Grab the Rebel Yell and go to:

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Jokes.html

Martin

Old October 22nd 03, 01:27 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Martin,

How the hell did you come across this link? Seriously!

AA.

Old October 22nd 03, 03:33 PM
Michael A. Covington

We had a series going around Atlanta at one time. Here are a few:

You know you're a rural Georgia astronomer if:

(1) the most important part of your instrumentation is the pickup truck.

(2) the sheriff has more than once mistaken your Dobsonian for a still.

(3) you have a Telrad on your deer rifle.

(4) your battery box plays 8-track tapes.

(5) you have a Tasco refractor up on blocks in your front yard.

..
..
..

Any others?

Old October 22nd 03, 04:22 PM
Stephen Tonkin

Starstuffed wrote:
Grab the Rebel Yell and go to:

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Jokes.html

Tee hee. Nice one, Anthony!

For similar stuff, see: http://free-os.htnet.hr/anonymus/fun_stuff.htm

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old October 22nd 03, 04:29 PM
Starstuffed

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message
Martin,

How the hell did you come across this link? Seriously!

AA.

It can be found on www.astronomylinks.com. I was a little curious why you
credited nobody, including myself, for any of the material included. You
did state that it was taken from SAA and I really am flattered that one of
my entries was included, but it would have been nice to have been asked, or
at the least, notified that you were using it without credit.

Martin

Old October 22nd 03, 05:42 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Stephen Tonkin wrote:

Starstuffed wrote:

Grab the Rebel Yell and go to:

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Jokes.html

Stephen,

Tee hee. Nice one, Anthony!

I do not remember if any of the jokes or parts thereof in my list
include contributions from yourself ....

For similar stuff, see: http://free-os.htnet.hr/anonymus/fun_stuff.htm

Good stuff! Thanks for the link ... and the chuckle thereafter
upon reading.

Anthony.

Old October 22nd 03, 05:46 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Michael/John,

Your contributions have been added to my ongoing never-ending
list of SAA humour .... :-)

Anthony.

PS. My greatest contributor, Clive Gibbons, has been AWOL .... where are
you bud?????

John Steinberg wrote:

Michael A. Covington wrote:

Any others?

(6) Your pet dog Rover is actually a wild boar.

(Something I just saw for the first time ever while driving on I75 east
about two weeks ago).

(7) You fry *everything*, including your Naglers.

Old October 22nd 03, 06:29 PM
Starstuffed

Starstuffed wrote:

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message

Martin,

How the hell did you come across this link? Seriously!

AA.

Hi Martin,

It can be found on www.astronomylinks.com. I was a little curious why

you
credited nobody, including myself, for any of the material included. You
did state that it was taken from SAA and I really am flattered that one

of

The problem with crediting is that there are cases when parts of a joke
came from many contributions to a thread and it becomes a nightmare ....
you would also be surprised how it also distracts from the content when
every line is accompanied by a name and/or email address. I tried the
latter (name and email) and it honestly distracts.

The simplest and quickest was to credit the high-level source (s.a.a.)
and allow anyone interested in tracing any of these back to simply do a
search using Google or something similar.

Anthony.

my entries was included, but it would have been nice to have been asked,

or
at the least, notified that you were using it without credit.

Anthony,

I see what you mean. Thanks for responding and clearing this up.

You are complimented on a very nice job in the compilation and layout ot the
site. Very nice.

Sincerely and regards,

Martin

Old October 22nd 03, 08:28 PM
Paul Schlyter

In article t,
Starstuffed wrote:

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message
Martin,

How the hell did you come across this link? Seriously!

It can be found on www.astronomylinks.com

....and how the hell did you come across THAT link? :-)

Seriously though, I knew about the http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Jokes.html
link before, but not about the http://www.astronomylinks.com .....

e-mail: pausch at stockholm dot bostream dot se
WWW: http://www.stjarnhimlen.se/
http://home.tiscali.se/pausch/
Old October 22nd 03, 09:31 PM
Starstuffed

"Paul Schlyter" wrote in message
In article t,
Starstuffed wrote:

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message
Martin,

How the hell did you come across this link? Seriously!

It can be found on www.astronomylinks.com

...and how the hell did you come across THAT link? :-)

Seriously though, I knew about the http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Jokes.html
link before, but not about the http://www.astronomylinks.com .....

Paul,

I don't remember where I stumbled across it but have been going there for a
couple of years. . .usually to check the "astrowire" section and to see what
new astro downloads are available. Great site, don't you think?

Martin