Is it possible? (for Nikon P80 to show Jupiter's Satellites...)

Old July 7th 08, 11:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Is it possible? (for Nikon P80 to show Jupiter's Satellites...)

I couldnt resize to a smaller image, spots would dissapear... You have
to move the bar, or download the picture and view it with your
favorite software.

The arrangement was so close to what the program shows, so I was
amazed thinking that eyes and Nikon coolpix could notice Jupiter's
satellites... Any confirmation from someone who knows the subject???

http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/J...ouNatsina.html

Old July 8th 08, 07:08 PM
tednat tednat is offline
Junior Member

I considered doing that, but it seemed to me too much for a casual reader...

Old July 8th 08, 09:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Curtis Croulet

It's not too hard to see Galilean moons with the naked eye, if you can
use something to block the glare of Jupiter itself. There are quite a
few reports of children seeing moons even without using that trick.

I've occasionally had children tell me -- without prompting -- that they can
see them. When I was that age, I don't recall ever noticing Jupiter's
moons, and I thought I had pretty good eyes. Splitting Epsilon Lyrae was
easy. Alas, not now!
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Old July 8th 08, 10:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Greg Crinklaw

Leff T Wright wrote:
get a life !

What an ironic thing so say, troll.
Old July 9th 08, 09:53 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
tednat[_2_]

200807090838 A Full Jupiter!

Thanx for representing a large enough and well known part of our
community

Could the abovest, be a reason to have a Brigh Jupiter?