Stuck In the Middle With You

Old August 12th 03, 02:11 AM
Rod Mollise

Default Stuck In the Middle With You

Continuing with this outward to inward extrapolation, the past would have to
exist only in the minds of living beings. That's where you'll find it. .
.in memories.

Hi:

Mebbe. I generally only get those thoughts when dawn comes and I pull out the
Rebel Yell and the--whatever! :-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old August 12th 03, 03:27 AM
Scribe2b

Continuing with this outward to inward extrapolation, the past would have to
exist only in the minds of living beings. That's where you'll find it. .
.in memories.

memories are illsuions and reality is an assumption made by apes. like us
jc
Old August 12th 03, 05:55 AM
Starstuffed

Sometimes, when looking though my telescope at distant galaxies, I get
confused. Thoughts of the relationship between time and life overwhelm me
and it seems that neither time nor life could exist without the other. I
guess that makes them both relative.

Good point Martin....maybe we should call it the spacetime-life continuum.

;-)

Perhaps we should! But you know, Tom. . .if you don't think about it TOO
hard, it becomes evident that the universe, time, and life all support each
other's existence. Remove either from the "system" and the whole thing goes
down.

WHAT'S LEFT THEN???????

Martin

Old August 12th 03, 11:30 AM
bwhiting

Starstuffed wrote:

WHAT'S LEFT THEN???????

Remove all 3, and you have......the PERFECT VOID once again. :-)
(That which existed prior to BB). ;-)
Clear Skies,
Tom W.

Martin

Sorry Brian and Chris...just couldn't resist that one in
answering Martin....Clear Skies, TW.

Old August 12th 03, 02:56 PM
Starstuffed

Off-screen announcer:

Very, very good.
Now for the toughie. . .

Who was the lead singer for the group and what was the name of the big hit
from his subsequent solo career?

You have 60 seconds. . .

Sound effects:

Background of obnoxious elevator music in background.

Visual:

Cathy places her fingers to her temples while her eyes slowly drift to the
left and to the right.

Music stops and announcer speaks:

Your answer, please?

Old August 12th 03, 03:51 PM
Dave Jessie

Music stops and announcer speaks:

Your answer, please?

Jerry Rafferty,
"Right Down the Line"

Old August 12th 03, 04:03 PM
Jeff

"Starstuffed" wrote in message
ink.net...
Sometimes, when looking though my telescope at distant galaxies, I get
confused. Thoughts of the relationship between time and life overwhelm me
and it seems that neither time nor life could exist without the other. I
guess that makes them both relative.

Is time truly linear? If so, it would seem that on a time line extending
any direction from your body only the future awaits assuming your movement
in the direction of a perceived object or situation. The present would

then
exist only at the position which your body occupies along this time line.

Continuing with this outward to inward extrapolation, the past would have

exist only in the minds of living beings. That's where you'll find it. .
.in memories.

Stuck in the middle with you,

Martin

How about this: really, we are looking at the past all the time. We witness
what just happened after the fact. Our brains take incomming information and
we are presented with our interpretation of what just happened, screened
through all of our senses.
Just a thought.....

Old August 12th 03, 04:17 PM
Starstuffed

Who was the lead singer for the group and what was the name of the big hit
from his subsequent solo career?

Dave answers:

Jerry Rafferty,
"Right Down the Line"

Announcer:

Excellent. . .now name one more of his hits for a BRAND NEW

Old August 12th 03, 10:45 PM
David Brodeur

One point of view holds that past, present, and future coexist, and
time is merely an artifact of consciousness. Or, as a wise guy once
said, "time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all
at once".

David