OM has lost his lower leg

Old April 8th 08, 09:16 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bob the Tomato[_2_]

Default OM has lost his lower leg

Please pass along our best wishes to Bob for a speedy and complete
recovery. The group isn't the same without him.
--
Bob the Tomato

Pat Flannery wrote:

Unfortunately, the infection in OM's leg and foot reemerged,
necessitating the amputation of the leg below the knee this morning.
This is really tragic news.

Old April 8th 08, 03:28 PM posted to sci.space.history
kT

On Apr 8, 3:16 am, Bob the Tomato wrote:

Please pass along our best wishes to Bob for a speedy and complete
recovery. The group isn't the same without him.
--

You know, now that you mention it, you're right.

This place is much better without Mosley.
Old April 8th 08, 07:26 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Terrell Miller wrote:
Look at OM; he's lost around fifteen pounds or so in just the last couple
of days. Now that's progress.

and he doesn't have to worry about gaining it back, either

Salamander DNA injections could allow him to grow it back.
A side effect would be that he would exude poisonous slime when he felt
angry or threatened, but he might like that. :-)

Pat
Old April 8th 08, 07:38 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 13:26:22 -0500, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Terrell Miller wrote:
Look at OM; he's lost around fifteen pounds or so in just the last couple
of days. Now that's progress.

and he doesn't have to worry about gaining it back, either

Salamander DNA injections could allow him to grow it back.
A side effect would be that he would exude poisonous slime when he felt
angry or threatened, but he might like that. :-)

Would that be something new? I thought he'd always done that.

Seriously, I wouldn't rule out regeneration of limbs in the next
ten-twenty years, if something else doesn't get him first.
Old April 8th 08, 07:44 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Space Cadet[_1_]

On Apr 6, 2:24 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Unfortunately, the infection in OM's leg and foot reemerged,
necessitating the amputation of the leg below the knee this morning.
This is really tragic news.

Pat

Oh My, that is tragic news!
Pass on my sympathies as well

Just my $0.02
Keith W of St Louis AKA Space Cadet
Old April 8th 08, 07:52 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
kT

On Apr 7, 11:31 pm, (Derek Lyons) wrote:
Pat Flannery wrote:
Unfortunately, the infection in OM's leg and foot reemerged,
necessitating the amputation of the leg below the knee this morning.
This is really tragic news.

Ouch.

Tell 'em to save his old leg, he can get it bronzed and use it as a
troll club.

Wow, you really are one *VIOLENT* **** as well.

Another member of the Mosley fan club.
Old April 8th 08, 08:05 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

David Lesher wrote:
"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Unfortunately, the infection in OM's leg and foot reemerged, necessitating
the amputation of the leg below the knee this morning.

That's it for his NFL career....

Not after I develop Linebacker Leg it isn't.

Pat
Old April 8th 08, 08:54 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
snidely

On Apr 8, 12:05 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
David Lesher wrote:
"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Unfortunately, the infection in OM's leg and foot reemerged, necessitating
the amputation of the leg below the knee this morning.

That's it for his NFL career....

Not after I develop Linebacker Leg it isn't.

He may have to start using the "Steve Austin" ID kit. And I hope the
knife *stays* below the knee. Other than that, I'm rooting for him!

/dps
Old April 9th 08, 01:00 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Unfortunately, the infection in OM's leg and foot reemerged, necessitating
the amputation of the leg below the knee this morning.

Best wishes to OM for a speedy recovery.

That's it for his NFL career....

Not after I develop Linebacker Leg it isn't.

How about 'Lovely Leg'? A feminine offering, fitted to taste, coming
with a selection of garters, for the Sailor Senshi of the Day look!

Old April 9th 08, 02:55 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Doc Smartass

Pat Flannery wrote in
news:Zs2dnX3YzpkMkGfanZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@northdakotat elephone:

Dale Carlson wrote:

Please send my best wishes to OM as well, Pat. And forgive me if this
is out of line, but I'd wish the both of you would lose some weight,
for health's sake. We'd hate to lose either of you.

Look at OM; he's lost around fifteen pounds or so in just the last
couple of days. Now that's progress.
Anyway, I'm already working on plans for a series of special
artificial legs for him.
These include:
Lethal Leg...foot includes a shark bang-stick blowing the balls off of
anyone you kick in the groin.
Leaping Leg...pneumatic cylinder allows OM to leap 15 feet at a bound.
Laser Leg...fires a intense beam of light which can incinerate trolls
at 1/4 mile.
Loud Leg...has a built in 3,000 Watt speaker that can boom out Texas
music so loudly that illegal Mexicans re-cross the border just to
escape it. Lucky Leg...incorporates powerful magnets that allow one to
lock up slot machines at the desired settings.
Liberal Leg...forces OM to take unexpected left turns when walking.
Lust Leg...contains a series of exotic sex toys.
Lazy Leg...does nothing.
Seriously, I am getting more exercise, and trying to keep my weight
down. The sweets have been all but banished, and the warmer weather
will allow more walking about shortly.

Lock 'n' Load Leg worked out nicely for the chick in "Planet Terror":

http://media.collegepublisher.com/me...s/62t9veb4.jpg

Could OM dance, though?

--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Heckling
aa # 1939

Religion is scapegoating writ large. -- Christopher Hitchens