New to CCD

Old March 31st 05, 10:31 PM
Gaz

Default New to CCD

I wonder if someone could give a me a little advice? I've recently
bought an ATIK 2c camera and a focal reducer that should be getting
delivered any day now. My question relates to my scopes and existing
camera.

I have an LX90, a 150mm 5f refractor, a 120mm f8.4 refractor and a
Meade LPI, given I'm getting a focal reducer is the 150mm f5 somewhat
redundant, with the 120 being f4 ish with the reducer? Or will it still
offer some advantages (other than the extra 30mm!!) over the 120mm?
Will the reducer 'work' with the f5 and the ATIK or does there come a
point where the law of dimishing returns applies?

The same sort of thing applies to the LPI, is there anything it can do
that the ATIK can't?

I'm eager to free up a bit of cash but not at the expense of selling
something that is still useful, but if there is a piece of kit thats
just replicating what something else is capable of I may as well get
the money..;O)

I usually looking into these things before I buy, but I've had the
chance in the last week or so to get both the ATIK camera and the 120mm
f8 pretty cheaply, so I bought first and now I'm asking questions
later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gaz