Spirit communication lost!

Old January 23rd 04, 08:35 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Here's some food for thought: your process has lead you to a conclusion
(that the temperature of absolute zero depends on your location) that is
completely inconsistent with a large body of observational evidence. In
short, the hypothesis has already been reliably falsified. SAQW.

All the silly acronyms in the world won't change that. If you have a
procedure for understanding the Universe which has lead to you a
falsified conclusion, then logic dictates that you should abandon this
procedure. The scientific method, on the other hand, has been
enormously successful (OYE). The proof of this is in all the technology
you see around you, from cell phones to computer chips to hydrogen
bombs. Only a complete lunatic would not be able to see this.

SYAQW -- So You Are Quite Wrong
OYE -- Open Your Eyes

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer

SkyTools Software for the Observer:
http://www.skyhound.com/cs.html

Skyhound Observing Pages:
http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html

Old January 23rd 04, 09:09 PM
Subz

Christoph Marx wrote in message
"Greg Crinklaw" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Marx @ www.paf.li wrote:
[alternate reality snipped]

I find you fascinating.

The term comes from "fasces", the symbol designating
& having generated the word "fascism" & carried by the
Roman Highpriest's executioners to perform human
sacrifice (eg 1/2 century ago in the last holocaust): are
you particularly devoted to that sort of thing?

Fascinating, or "to fascinate" comes from the Latin: Fascinare. Which means
"to put under a spell.". This in turn is from fascinus, meaning a
spellbinding amulet with a phalic shape.

How very apt.

Fascism in fact is rooted in the Latin: fascis, meaning a bundle or group.

The two words have no direct relationship at all.

Cheers,
Subz

Old January 23rd 04, 11:22 PM
Hilton Evans

"Szaki" wrote in message news:EOXPb.125401$xy6.445251@attbi_s02...
Dam, Windows again! Send a repair man!
JS

Not!
http://about-cnet.com.com/2100-1007_3-5142220.html

--
Hilton Evans
Old January 24th 04, 12:56 AM
Tom

"Hilton Evans" wrote:

"Szaki" wrote in message
Dam, Windows again! Send a repair man!
JS

Not!
http://about-cnet.com.com/2100-1007_3-5142220.html

Java is just used at mission control; the actual rovers use the VxWorks
RTOS, executing C++ and C compiled code on a 601 PowerPC processor.

Old January 24th 04, 02:49 AM
peter berrett

Well,

I do find that the claims that this or that drug will make certain parts of my body bigger to be a bit out of this world

cheers Peter
"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message ...
Peter,

Does this make SPAM universal or, at least, extra-terrestrial? :-)

Anthony.

peter berrett wrote:

Oh Oh...

The garbled message that came back from the Rover mentioned something about
a bank account and a Government Official in Nigeria.

cheers Peter

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message

Folks,

I just received a news flash from the Space Flight Now web site
(run by Astronomy Now Magazine) and it seems to be official that
communication HAS been lost.

We have the proposed landing of Opportunity on the weekend and,
hopefully, Spirit will be back in action by then so that we can enjoy
transmissions from both rovers.

Anthony.

Old January 24th 04, 08:53 AM
Marx @ www.paf.li

Marx @ www.paf.li wrote:
[alternate reality snipped]

I find you fascinating.

The term comes from "fasces", the symbol designating
& having generated the word "fascism" & carried by the
Roman Highpriest's executioners to perform human
sacrifice (eg 1/2 century ago in the last holocaust): are
you particularly devoted to that sort of thing?

Fascinating, or "to fascinate" comes from the Latin:
Fascinare. Which means "to put under a spell.".
This in turn is from fascinus, meaning a spellbinding
amulet with a phalic shape.

How very apt.

Fascism in fact is rooted in the Latin: fascis, meaning
a bundle or group.

The two words have no direct relationship at all.

Don't be silly - you have no idea of etymising languages.
_cf_ http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/f1/fasces.asp
("Italian Fascism derived its name and its emblem
from the fasces") & google it easily for illustrations.

The fasces bundle further is portraying the Martial Istar,
_ie_ the new Venus (French: "arrived") when still
observed as a "comet": the axe its "head", the reed
bundle its tail.

Cheers,

....to the fascists I surmise.

Old January 24th 04, 09:13 AM
Marx @ www.paf.li

"Greg Crinklaw" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Here's some food for thought: your process has
lead you to a conclusion (that the temperature
of absolute zero depends on your location) that
is completely inconsistent with a large body of
observational evidence.

The "observational evidence" is earth-bound only.

In short, the hypothesis has already been
reliably falsified. SAQW.

No.

All the silly acronyms in the world won't change
that. If you have a procedure for understanding
the Universe which has lead to you a falsified
conclusion, then logic dictates that you should
abandon this procedure.

Logic dictates that first of all you should solve
http://www.paf.li/05%20Evidence.pdf then draw
the consequences about the absurd theories of
"mass attraction" ff, then look for the reason
for those absurdities in Collective Repression
by the quantification of nature & history, &
finally come back thinking & judging for yourself.

The scientific method, on the other hand,
has been enormously successful (OYE).

As the other creeds (philosophies & religions)
it is only successful in repressing the excitation
background of the natural catastrophes in
historical times, which traumatised the collective.

The proof of this is in all the technology
you see around you, from cell phones to
computer chips to hydrogen bombs.

This is about the silliest of your statements,
light years (if they exist) removed from
reason. You have no idea of the history of
science & the fact, that quantification is
never able to invent anything, the "act of
creation" only coming from intuition &
experimenting - science merely invents
silly quantifying formulae around the facts
later on.

Only a complete lunatic would not be
able to see this.

So it is.

SYAQW -- So You Are Quite Wrong
OYE -- Open Your Eyes

Old January 24th 04, 09:38 AM
Subz

Marx @ www.paf.li wrote:
[...]

Thankfully, you surmise wrongly. If you wish to call me a fascist. Please
feel free to do so, but at least provide proof that I am such. You will be
hard pressed, believe me. I was actually saying "Cheers," to you. Your
surmising therefore, would seem based on *you* being a fascist, but I
wouldn't go so far to surmising that myself as I know little about you
personally.

Fasces is the plural of the Latin word "fascis". Fasces is the current
spelling. Of which there is _still_ no real connection to the word
"fascinate". The fact that http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/f1/fasces.asp
ommits the Lation spelling is unfortunate.

I'm not suggesting that the meaning of fasces (or indeed fascis) means
anything other than the symbol used for Italian fascism or an axe surrounded
by a bundle of sticks used for execution. What I am saying is that it is in
no way connected with the word "fascinate" as you suggested.

Anyway, this is getting off of the topic of astronomy.

You do have _a_ theory on Absolute Zero but unfortunately, nobody is going
to take it anywhere near seriously without any experimental proof, no matter
how many TLA's you wave at them. Absolute Zero still has yet to be reached,
even in a laboratory or in nature.

Read http://www.sun.rhbnc.ac.uk/~uhap057/LTWeb/Absolute.html for some simple
information and google Cornell and Wieman who succeeded in getting a
temperature colder than space (3K).

Seeing as the rovers and all the probes on and around Mars must be able to
sense the temp. Are you going to dispute the figures that they will return
and have returned?

If the current view on Absolute Zero finally *proves* to be wrong, then you
have my apologies.

Good day,
Subz
(x-post removed)

Old January 24th 04, 11:47 AM
Marx @ www.paf.li

Marx @ www.paf.li wrote:
[...]

Accepted.

If you wish to call me a fascist. Please feel free
to do so, but at least provide proof that I am such.

I only point to the direction your thoughts quite
automatically wander, when pressure is to be
applied for the discrimination of nonbelievers in
your sci.faith.

You will be hard pressed, believe me. I was
actually saying "Cheers," to you. Your
surmising therefore, would seem based on
*you* being a fascist, but I wouldn't go so far
to surmising that myself as I know little about
you personally.

Ok.

Fasces is the plural of the Latin word "fascis".
Fasces is the current spelling. Of which there is
_still_ no real connection to the word "fascinate".
The fact that http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/f1/fasces.asp
ommits the Latin spelling is unfortunate.

No. You don't understand the working of the
collective memory system through etymising
languages (as opposed to non-etymising ones
like Chinese).

I'm not suggesting that the meaning of fasces
(or indeed fascis) means anything other than
the symbol used for Italian fascism or an axe
surrounded by a bundle of sticks used for
execution. What I am saying is that it is in
no way connected with the word "fascinate"
as you suggested.

It is - _c_f above.

Anyway, this is getting off of the topic of astronomy.

Not where it concerns the excitation background
of the most powerful of all deities, Venus. _Cf_
http://www.paf.li/2%20MorningStars.pdf.

You do have _a_ theory on Absolute Zero

Certainly not: it is part of the LQS [Logical
Qualifying System] of the EVU as explained in
www.paf.li/perceptions.htm, which is something
quite different from an UQT [Unlogical Quantifying
Theory] you are used to in the sciences.

but unfortunately, nobody is going to take it
anywhere near seriously without any
experimental proof, no matter how many TLA's
you wave at them. Absolute Zero still has yet
to be reached, even in a laboratory or in nature.

Well, we just arrived once again to a Mars-bound
environment, once again getting into unknown
difficulties - & unfortunately we don't have a
temperature messuring device on board able to
cope with that environment.

Read http://www.sun.rhbnc.ac.uk/~uhap057/LTWeb/Absolute.html
for some simple information and google Cornell and Wieman
who succeeded in getting a temperature colder than space (3K).

Only in an Earth-bound environment: everything else
are mere consequences of superstition in "mass
attraction" ff theories.

Seeing as the rovers and all the probes on and around
Mars must be able to sense the temp. Are you going
to dispute the figures that they will return and have
returned?

Of course! Because once having become Mars-bound,
we cannot rely on the Earth-bound instruments that
were brought along.

If the current view on Absolute Zero finally *proves*
to be wrong, then you have my apologies.

Not required: Informed Common Sense judging
LQS is quite sufficient.

Good day,
Subz
(x-post removed)

sci.physics included again.

Old January 24th 04, 02:41 PM
Hilton Evans

"Tom" . wrote in message ...

"Hilton Evans" wrote:

"Szaki" wrote in message
Dam, Windows again! Send a repair man!
JS

Not!
http://about-cnet.com.com/2100-1007_3-5142220.html

Java is just used at mission control; the actual rovers use the VxWorks
RTOS, executing C++ and C compiled code on a 601 PowerPC processor.

Point taken. But implicates MS.

--
Hilton Evans
Lon -71° 04' 35.3"