Alien Review - Tenayistalegn Julian!

Old January 7th 04, 02:41 PM
Darla

Default Alien Review - Tenayistalegn Julian!

Indeminachu, Ato St. Cloud?

Dehnanachu?

Amarinia toucwahleh?

Iney Amarinia alcholew

Ante wede Amarinia tamare bet hedu. G

Betam Exeristalegn!

While I prefer to discuss in English, I am fluent in many languages.

Whether or not people admit it, English is your global tongue.

It is the most widely spoken second language in your world.

So we use English to discuss science.

The other language in this post is Amharic (Amarinia), an obscure Arabian
dialect spoken by the Amharas, a people who live in Eastern Africa.

I was tutored by a great+ grandmother of Emperor Haile Selassie.

Her name was Saba, Queen Saba.

Amaziganalo!

(Some interesting similarities to the Sioux tongue, by the way.)

Darla

Old January 7th 04, 08:23 PM
Darla

"Darla" wrote in message

The subject header reads: "Greetings Julian!"

The "T" in Tenayistalegn is an "explosive," so when you say it, you must
severely emphasize the "T."

Indeminachu, Ato St. Cloud?

Form of "How are you, Mr. St. Cloud?" that shows deep respect.

Common form is "indemineh" for males and "indeminesh" for females.

Dehnanachu?

Are you well?

(deep respect - common forms are "dehnaneh" and "dehnanesh")

Male common form is used for the rest:

Amarinia toucwahleh?

Do you know how to speak Amharic?

Iney Amarinia alcholew

I know how to speak Amharic.

Ante wede Amarinia tamare bet hedu. G

You better go to Amharic school.

Betam Exeristalegn!

Thank you!

(religious form)

Amaziganalo!

Thank you!

(common form)

You seem to love pop quizzes, Julian.

You Must be a teacher. G

My mate, Pere, says hello.

Pere is becoming intrigued by you.

Feel honored, as this is a "first."

No humans have impressed Pere very much since hominids.

Just the other day Pere told me of a train crossing that was situated near a
traffic light.

A sign just before the track reads, "DO NOT STOP ON TRACKS."

Pere just shook his head and mumbled, "They have to erect a sign to be
Reminded that they should not stop on railroad tracks. I rest my case."

Well, Pere is our Proz, and we love our Proz. G

"Proz" is a title, by the way, so formally, we refer to Pere as "Pros Pere."

When Pere asked me what we should name our new young one, I suggested "Live
Long."

That way the two of them could be, "Live Long and Pros Pere."

Pere did not think this was the Least bit funny.

Hormones are Hell.

Have you seen anything interesting in the night sky lately?

Darla

Old January 8th 04, 03:12 PM
Julian St.Cloud

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 20:23:18 GMT, "Darla"
wrote:

"Darla" wrote in message

[...]

The point is that you seemed to have missed the brief message in
Italian. Being able to communicate in another obscure language does
not take away from what was missed.
I was actually hoping that you would catch it immediately and respond.
I was a little disappointed when you didn't If you notice I provided
explanations as to why you may have missed the message other than not
being of extraterrestrial origin. Also, another post provides even a
better explanation as to why you may have missed that post. So it is
interesting that many are acting like good old agent Mulder in the
X-Files in that they, ". . .want to believe."
As for your mate I see this world in similar ways as him. Your
reference to the sign at railroad crossings would be something I would
say while shaking my head in disbelief. Unfortunately I get fewer and
fewer opportunities to have conversations along the lines of being a
realist due to the induction training humans are following--they are
being trained to become worker insects instead of imaginative souls.
Oh, to actually have a two-way conversation about the stuff that is
rattling around in my old attic of a brain would be most pleasant.

I am here,

Julian St.Cloud
Old January 8th 04, 03:16 PM
Julian St.Cloud

wrote:
Have you seen anything interesting in the night sky lately?

Darla

The moon was quite beautiful the other night. If your are meaning have
I seen any spaceships, no.

Julian St.Cloud

Old January 8th 04, 08:23 PM
Darla

wrote:

"Darla" wrote in message

[...]

No, the point is that we don't care if you believe we are from another world
or not.

Darla was just showing off.

I sensed that you are a bit disgusted with your kind.

This makes you a reasonable being.

You are not alone, but there are not very many reasonable beings among you.

And your numbers Must grow.

Since I really don't see this happening, you have my condolences.

Pros Pere

Old January 9th 04, 03:44 AM
Julian St.Cloud

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:23:17 GMT, "Darla"
wrote:
No, the point is that we don't care if you believe we are from another world
or not.

Point taken. I don't care if you are from Florida or from somewhere
over the rainbow, as it were. I find Darla very interesting and worth
a modicum of my time to study. I have learned much in our limited
communiques.

Darla was just showing off.

She should. I ya got it, flaunt it.

I sensed that you are a bit disgusted with your kind.

Disappointed actually. A little presumptuous to refer to them as my
kind though.

This makes you a reasonable being.

I find human nature quite fascinating. Such grand schemes from such a
primitive matrix. Well, primitive on the cosmological scale anyway.

You are not alone, but there are not very many reasonable beings among you.

And your numbers Must grow.

Maybe in a few millennia we can have enough to play bridge together.

Since I really don't see this happening, you have my condolences.

I absolutely adore beyond any reasonable comprehension this form of
humor! I look forward to an opportunity to shake appendages with you
someday.

Pros Pere

Live long Pros Pere! (Darla, you have a beautiful sense of humor too.)

How much wood wood a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?,

Julian St.Cloud

To: Darla - Alien Review Julian St.Cloud Misc 1 January 7th 04 11:02 PM
To Darla Alien Review Julian St.Cloud Misc 21 January 4th 04 05:46 AM
Alien Review - Heartbeats Darla Misc 3 December 26th 03 11:47 AM
Alien Review - Strange Light Darla Misc 32 December 20th 03 01:18 PM
Alien Review - A Question For You? Darla Misc 20 December 4th 03 01:10 PM