Double-A Is Back!

Old May 21st 14, 11:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default Double-A Is Back!

"Like a poem poorly written
We are verses out of rhythm,
Couplets out of rhyme,
In syncopated time
And the dangled conversation
And the superficial sighs,
Are the borders of our lives."
- Simon & Garfunkel

Was in the hospital for a week. They pumped me full of antibiotics and cleaned me up both inside and out. Am now staying in a transitional housing room in downtown Portland courtesy of the local hospitals for benefit of the homeless. Getting free medical care at a downtown clinic. Medicare is now picking up the tabs so no more huge hospital bills to hang over my head.

Kim is still on the street, but I am buying her lunch once a week at a downtown food circus. When she gets enough for a MAX train ticket, she is very mobile.

First time I've been to the library for many months. Computers mostly available. The store nearby were I used to buy snacks has closed. Guess the rumors that it was moving were true after all.

I see some of you regulars are still posting here. Hi Bert!

Software has changed. Library may be limiting me to an hour now. Can't use Portland library because I have the wrong county library card so am at Cedar Mills.

Double-A

Old May 21st 14, 11:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:06:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Good having your feedback. The usual FUD-masters had you as dead.

Perhaps they'll give you more hours of computer access if there's no others signed up for using them.

Perhaps you can get a Chrome Book and leach off nearby public WiFi. Supposedly there's an app for discovering private WiFi passwords.

Bert as usual needs another computer, and has to use public WiFi access.

Old May 21st 14, 11:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Huge femur in Argentina could be that of biggest dinosaur yet!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/worl...e0L/story.html

"He estimates that the beast reached 66 feet tall, 132 feet long and weighed the equivalent of 14 or 15 adult African elephants."

Can there now be any doubt that the pull of gravity was less in those days?

"There were giants in the earth in those days," Genesis 6:4

Ever wonder why?

Double-A

Old May 22nd 14, 12:04 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:55:49 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Huge femur in Argentina could be that of biggest dinosaur yet!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/worl...e0L/story.html

"He estimates that the beast reached 66 feet tall, 132 feet long and weighed the equivalent of 14 or 15 adult African elephants."

Can there now be any doubt that the pull of gravity was less in those days?

"There were giants in the earth in those days," Genesis 6:4
Ever wonder why?

Double-A

Not sure about having less gravity, however I've considered that our planet of that era may have had a nifty 100 bar atmosphere, and this offered a good amount of buoyancy as well as increased O2 density as of prior to the stellar wind of Sirius(b) terminating as a white dwarf.

Old May 22nd 14, 12:40 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Am having a hell of a time with this new Google software! Having trouble replying. Good to hear from you, Brad.

Got more time, but it's almost gone. Portland was supposed to get free WiFi for the whole city, but they gave up on that project. But a lot of places have it.

Double-A

Old May 22nd 14, 05:53 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:40:37 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Am having a hell of a time with this new Google software! Having trouble replying. Good to hear from you, Brad.

Got more time, but it's almost gone. Portland was supposed to get free WiFi for the whole city, but they gave up on that project. But a lot of places have it.

Double-A

I keep Mozilla Thunderbird as a handy alternative to using Google Groups.

Old May 22nd 14, 01:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

Hi Double-A Have a lot to tell since you were away. June 3 I'm going to be operated on.Been posting just about every day. Missed you TreBert
Old May 22nd 14, 08:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:57:48 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Perhaps by 2:00 or 3:00 PM he'll get back on the public internet.

Old May 23rd 14, 02:09 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"G=EMC^2TreBert" wrote in message

[...]

*** So they're finally going to open you up and drain
all the BS out of you ... ****-fer-brains ...