Einstein Never Found Contentment

Old May 4th 08, 03:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Art Deco[_6_]

Default Life doesn't change the cosmos, the cosmos changes “ life ”.

oldcoot wrote:

On May 3, 3:59 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf wrote:

I don't think you fully appreciate what a gravitational field is;

Uh, dude. I *know* what a gravitational "field" is.

it's 4-D, a static hyperstructure, a " hyperrock ", if you will.

Sorry but that ain't it.

You need to listen up, JeffglyphRelf, OC here has all the answers to
the mysteries of everything.

--
"Substantiation that you regard yourself as a God to be worhsipped [sic]
should be your concern, Deco."
Old May 4th 08, 08:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Default Einstein Never Found Contentment

On May 3, 1:39*pm, Art Deco wrote:
Double-A wrote:
On May 3, 4:07*am, oldcoot wrote:
On May 2, 1:36*pm, Double-A wrote:

On Apr 29, 1:34*pm, oldcoot wrote:

Could such lament reflect a note of self-deprecation for capitulating
to the 'no medium', space-as-void doctrine while knowing full well
better (?).

Perhaps I have found a better answer to this. *I think this is
Einstein's last word on the nature of space:

"There is no such thing as an empty space, i.e. a space without
field. *Space-time does not claim existence on its own, but only as a
structural quality of the field.

Thus Descartes was not so far from the truth when he believed he must
exclude the existence of an empty space. *The notion indeed appears
absurd, as long as physical reality is seen exclusively in ponderable
bodies. *It requires the idea of the field as the representative of
reality, in conjunction with the general principle of relativity, to
show the true kernel of Descartes' idea; there exists no space "empty
of field.""

- *From the elusive "Appendix Five", *"Relatively and the Problem of
Space" in Einstein's book "Relativlity - The Special and General
Theory", copyright 1961 by the Estate of Albert Einstein.

Yeah, Painius has often cited that obscure Appendix V.

Does that sound like a void spacer? *I don't think Einstein could
have *been anymore clear about rejecting the void space concept in the
above sttatement. *Einstein used the word "field" to describe that
which fills space. *

It sounds more like a late stage "deathbed confession" alluding to
what he knew full well all along but couching it in very vague "field"
terminology. He was fully cognizant of the reality of the spatial
medium as of 1930, yet chose to go with the newly-emergent 'no medium'
doctrine for whatever reason(s). He certainly didn't suffer from
amnesia up to his penning of Appendix V.

Of course, Einstein's "field interpretation" of
Relativity is not what is being taught at universities today. *But
that's not Einstein's fault.

I reserve judgement, preferring to believe his motive was born of a
wisdom greater than we can know at present. But there are guys like
Henry Lindner who openly brand him a fraud and a charlatan for sitting
on the truth he knew all along.

I suppose it would take a complete study of what did he know, when did
he know it, and how forthright was he about it. *Einstein quotes seem
not all that easy to come by for a man of his stature. *There are
papers he wrote in German that haven't even been translated into
English yet. *Someone quipped that the translators seem to be getting
paid to go slow. *I am still trying to piece it all together myself.
But the views I have found in Einstein quotes do not seem to jibe with
any "space is nothing" view, as seems to be the common belief
nowadays. *Of course, Einstein dumped the historical baggage of the
aether, such as that it was thought of as an absolute rest frame.
Wolter apparaently didn't want the baggage of the aether either. *But
I wouldn't be so quick to blame Einstein for the way things have
turned out. *But I am still investigating and learning.

Double-A

You first have to learn the language the theories are written in.

Auf Deutsch?

Double-A

Old May 5th 08, 12:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeffâ–˛Relf[_28_]

Default Unlike OldCoot's daydreams, General Relativity is falsifiable.

Unlike OldCoot's daydreams, General Relativity
and the second law of thermodynamics are falsifiable.

The Scientific method, can be ( and is ) applied to them;
it's not random metaphysics.

Cosmically, empirically, entropy always accrues.
Cosmically, empirically, unponderably, 4-D gravitational fields exist,
and they can't be blocked ( i.e. pressure doesn't build up ).

Old May 5th 08, 04:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Art Deco[_6_]

Double-A wrote:

On May 3, 1:39*pm, Art Deco wrote:
Double-A wrote:
On May 3, 4:07*am, oldcoot wrote:
On May 2, 1:36*pm, Double-A wrote:

[...]

Free clue -- it is neither English or German.

Old May 5th 08, 11:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

Default Our cooling / thinning Universe fuels the engine of life.

On May 5, 3:04 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf wrote:

There's not one spec of evidence that
the entropy of our visible Universe ( or the cosmos )
does anything but accrue ( OldCoot claims it vanishes ).

Oc claims that if the "ever-accelerating expansion" idea is a grand
illusion, and if the Expansion phase eventually transitions to
Contraction (as is the case under the CBB model or any 'oscillating'/
BB - Big Crunch model), then there will begin a *reversal of entropy*
with the onset of the Contraction phase.
We're talking about thermodynamic entropy, not
entropy of order. There are two classes of entropy in case you weren't
aware of that.
Old May 6th 08, 06:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeffâ–˛Relf[_28_]

If cosmic entropy could be drawn down ( instead of accruing ),
you'd have to keep emptying your gas tank,
as just driving around would fill it up ( instead of drawing it down ).

Exhaust from “ The Late Great Heat Sink in the Sky ”
would find its way into your tail-pipe,
turning into gasoline in the pistons, cooling it down.

While that's quite funny to imagine, it's not very real.
Such daydreams are fine for the idle, it's not real life.

Old May 6th 08, 02:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On May 5, 10:49 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf wrote:
If cosmic entropy could be drawn down ( instead of accruing ),
you'd have to keep emptying your gas tank,
as just driving around would fill it up ( instead of drawing it down ).

The prevailing notion of a singular, 'one shot' Big Bang that sprang
forth from 'Nothing', followed by an "ever-accelerating expansion" of
another 'Nothing' carrying a sprinkling of matter along for the ride
back to entropic oblivion makes a LOT of sense, huh?

While that's quite funny to imagine, it's not very real.
Such daydreams are fine for the idle, it's not real life.

Doh.

Old May 6th 08, 04:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On May 5, 10:49 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf wrote:

Exhaust from " The Late Great Heat Sink in the Sky "
would find its way into your tail-pipe,
turning into gasoline in the pistons, cooling it down.

Yeah, it's funny how "what goes around comes around" sometimes. :-) In
years past, long before you came on the scene here, it was related how
Gordon Wolter jestingly referred to his centerpiece 'Engine' as the
"Big Hoover in the Sky". Then he drew an analogy to a jet engine
running on a test stand. A speck of dust is floating in the air and
gets sucked into the engine. It undergoes combustion and is instantly
shot out the tailpipe as a particle of carbon. It just felt a 'bang',
a BIG bang as it went through the engine. From its limited perspective
as a dust mote, it had no concept of the continuous combustion process
behind the 'bang'.
In later years, oldcoot (ahem) revised the analogy
to the freon cycle in your common refrigerator (Zinni's favorite
story:-)). It's a closed-loop system, continuously running. A cluster
of freon molecules in the cold gas flow represents the sphere of our
visible cosmos, the 'known universe'. Like that dust mote, it senses
there was a Genesis Event, a "bang" of its emergence somewhere in the
past. Yet it has no concept of the overarching process at work, or of
the fact that it's wending its way back toward the 'Crunch' of re-
injestion back through the compressor (the 'hot' part of the cycle).
This is like the "bang-squeeze" of your piston engine analogy. It's
seen from the restricted 'inside' referance frame.
Yet from the 'outside' frame, the whole process is
seen. The compressor of the freon cycle is powered by electricity
which continuously drives the system 'uphill'. Likewise the central
'Engine' of the CBB process is powered by the SCO, the
hyperpressurized state of the spatial medium, the "electricity" which
drives the system 'uphill'.

The CBB Process is like the gas turbine in the 'jet engine' analogy,
or the closed loop freon cycle driven by a central compressor. OR,
from the 'inside' frame, there is seen only the single 'bang-squeeze'
reciprocation of a piston. In both cases, the system is driven
'uphill' by an external energy source. There is no entropic 'heat
death'.
Old May 6th 08, 04:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Einstien Never Found Contentment

Double-A Late in life Einstein had sad eyebrows. He never had a good
sense of humor like mine. I have out lived him I have had more time to
think then him. There is no way I could relate to a pig. I have lots of
virtual friends Einstein never had a webtv. I could have been a good
friend to Einstein and could make him laugh often We talked once on
gravity and inertia (one to one) Now I could show him that motion has a
time lapse I know he would like that. I knew how famous he was back in
1951,but I did not take advantage of that,and 15 minutes is much to
short a time to talk gravity and inertia I should have gone
to South Station and road back to Prinston with him. I was stupid
Bert

Old May 6th 08, 04:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

oc Once Einstein saw the evidence that galaxies were moving away from
each other at an accelerating rate he gave up his "static" universe and
went with relativity (GR) He got swayed with the bad popular
theory.(constant) That is the reason I fight bad popular theories.
Einstein fudged I never fudge Bert