Age of universe

Old January 7th 04, 10:12 AM
Christopher

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 14:44:43 -0800 (PST), (Bill
Sheppard) wrote:

AFAIK Hubble hasn't seen the objects
edge of the universe yet.

The Hubble is pretty close to the limit of seeing already. See-
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/960628.html

That job will be left to the next space
telescope, that according to the spin
makes Hubble look like a pair of oprah
glasses for power.

Oprah glasses?

Opps, I ment opera glasses.

Old January 7th 04, 10:14 AM
Christopher

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:38:46 +1100, "Whisper"
wrote:

"Christopher" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:01:43 +0100, SpaceWalker
wrote:

How can Universe is just 12-15 billion years old?
Hubble can see objects 12 billion light years away from us. Now, we can

see
light from those objects emited 12 billion years ago. So in that exact

time
those objects were at place where we can see them now. But where is the
time needed to expand from time of Big Bang to that distance? If objects
traveled with maximum speed they needed another 12 billion years.

AFAIK Hubble hasn't seen the objects edge of the universe yet. That
job will be left to the next space telescope, that according to the
spin makes Hubble look like a pair of oprah glasses for power.

There is no 'edge' to the universe....

Err no the new space telescope will be able to see even further then
Hubble can so we havent reached the most distant objects yet.

Are you for real?

Of course, how else can I type this post.

Old January 7th 04, 01:50 PM
Whisper

"Dave Barlow" wrote in message
During a perfect moment of peace at Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:38:46 +1100,
"Whisper" interrupted with:

There is no 'edge' to the universe....

Care to prove that. Using real mathematics and not weak arguments.
Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding.

What do you mean by 'edge'? A place where there are no more galaxies?

Please, tell me you're not this obtuse?

Old January 7th 04, 06:40 PM
SpaceWalker

Your interpretation of current theory is woefully incorrect. You might
visit the following site for a correct interpretation of current theory:

http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmolog.htm

The FAQ associated with the tutorial is good as well and I believe
specifically addresses you misconception.

I found my answer there.
Thank you
Old January 7th 04, 07:49 PM
Douglas Iverson

You need to take inflation into account. Let an ant walk on a rubber
band at a given speed (light) then stretch the rubber band (inflation).
The universe can't travel faster than it's self.

Old January 7th 04, 08:06 PM
Douglas Iverson

Whisper, you need to take a course in inflationary cosmology or research
the internet. The boys with the biggest brains, Hubble, Einstein, Planc,
Fermi, Oppenheimer and Hawking, just to mention a few have proven all
this stuff but the average mind can't understand it so blocks it out.
Think of nothing beyond the universe. No light, dark, hot, cold,
gravity, matter or even space or time. How do we prove it? Simple! The
universe can't expand into it's self or go faster than it's self. The
universe is all there is, all there ever was and all there ever will be.
Look for the brick wall that says "Stop! Go back." What's behind that
brick wall? Explain trigonometry to a three year old and tell them that
there is no Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy. Good luck.

Old January 7th 04, 08:19 PM
Douglas Iverson

There is no edge to the universe. Where's the edge on a ball? It, like
the universe is finite but boundless with no edge or boundry.

Old January 8th 04, 07:39 AM
Dave Barlow

During a perfect moment of peace at Thu, 8 Jan 2004 00:50:45 +1100,
"Whisper" interrupted with:

What do you mean by 'edge'? A place where there are no more galaxies?

You used the phrase first and posited there was no 'edge'. Are you so
obtuse to make statements and claim others are obtuse? Now back up
your statement.
Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding.
Old January 8th 04, 03:38 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

To All The original colossal biggest bang took place a trillion
trillion trillion trillion years ago,and all the rest of the bangs were
mini bangs(universes within universes) like bubbles within bubbles,than
that makes the cosmos infinite with universes. Its infinitely ageless.
Blackholes are the recycling machines ,and they crush all there is into
their core where the singularity is found. The singularity is the DNA to
create all that need be in the next universe to be born.