Balloons on Windy Mars

Old January 7th 04, 07:08 AM
Nerd Gerl

Default Balloons on Windy Mars

Somebody told me that the wind on Mars is wicked - wicked enough to
carve evil shapes into rocks.

If the WIND is that ferocious, how was NASA able to PERFECTLY aim and
land an AIR FILLED BALLOON lander onto the Mars surface?

The computer simulation is just as silly as the 5 o'clock evening news
announcers - bragging about NASA's "sophisticated" and "high tech"
equipment. Care to expand on that? Nah... it's entertainment - just
like the rest of this crap.

yawn Wake me when reality TV hits the newsroom.
Old January 7th 04, 07:45 AM
Chuck Taylor

"Nerd Gerl" took a dull crayon and scribbled nothing of importance:

yawn Wake me when reality TV hits the newsroom.

yawn Wake me when the trolls are no longer using mommy's computer.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
Try the Lunar Observing Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/

Old January 7th 04, 02:46 PM
Patrick Carr

yawn Wake me when good, solid science education is taught in the public
schools again and not the pseudoscience that they are gobbling up from these
so-called educational television programs!

I actually had someone ask me the other day how many stars were in the rings
of Saturn! He then followed that up with a question that asked what Sun
does Mars orbit.

Dark Skies,

Patrick C. Carr
Coordinator
Arkansas Dark-Sky Preservation Society
www.christian-astronomy.org/adpsframeset.html

President
CASE (The Christian Association of Stellar Explorers)
www.christian-astronomy.org

Regional Representative
Mid States Region of the Astronomical League
www.msral.org

Old January 7th 04, 06:09 PM
Jay Windley

"Nerd Gerl" wrote in message
m...

| Somebody told me that the wind on Mars is wicked - wicked
| enough to carve evil shapes into rocks.

Did they tell you how often it blows? Did you ask?

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org

Old January 8th 04, 02:12 AM
C.Swartz

Nerd Gerl ) wrote...
yawn Wake me when reality TV hits the newsroom.

Reality TV is about as real as WWF wrestling. The "show" you see is bits
and pieces of what happened. The reality is clipped and edited to make a
real exciting "show". Sorry to burst your bubble.

-Chris
Old January 8th 04, 03:59 AM
Q Q Q

"Nerd Gerl" wrote in message
m...
Somebody told me that the wind on Mars is wicked - wicked enough to
carve evil shapes into rocks.

If the WIND is that ferocious, how was NASA able to PERFECTLY aim and
land an AIR FILLED BALLOON lander onto the Mars surface?

The computer simulation is just as silly as the 5 o'clock evening news
announcers - bragging about NASA's "sophisticated" and "high tech"
equipment. Care to expand on that? Nah... it's entertainment - just
like the rest of this crap.

yawn Wake me when reality TV hits the newsroom.

Or just go to one or the other of these
two very silly places on the Internet for
the last word on Mars..... : )

1) www.coasttocoastam.com

The weeknight home of George "Ned Flanders" Noorey
and Art "PT Barnum" Bell....

2) www.enterprisemission.com

The home of Richard "Face on Cydonia" Hoagland.

True science for the ultra-paranoid and those
unfortunates who are 2 cans short of a 6-pack.

Old January 8th 04, 04:57 AM
Eric

Patrick Carr wrote:

yawn Wake me when good, solid science education is taught in the public
schools again and not the pseudoscience that they are gobbling up from
these so-called educational television programs!

AMEN! I have been ranting and raving about this very thing for years,
finally i hear someone agree with me.
Thank You
Eric