When averted vision doesn't work for me:

Old February 20th 07, 09:23 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Starboard

Default When averted vision doesn't work for me:

I remember the *first* time I tried using averted vision to look at a
fuzzy. I was disappointed. I said to myself "this ain't no way to look
at something."

But time went on and I got to where *I could* see pretty good and am
now satisfied with looking at things that way.

But I was again reminded of its limitations, e.g., today, shortly
after sunrise, I arrived in Fat-City (Metairie - New Orleans suburbs)
to watch the Mardi Gras parade. There were cheerleaders, dance teams,
knockouts in every direction; two right smack in the front of me, each
*standing on the third rung of ladder*. Get the picture.

Unfortunately, the wife was sitting right along side of me and I was
trying my damnedest to be a respectful hubby. So I said to myself,
"self, try averted vision." Don't work. Plaaaain and simple. Not for
me anyway. Works wonderful on DSOs, but not worth a crap on daytime
subjects.

Sorry if this is too far of subject. If I do again, you can slap me
at the next star party.

Errol

Old February 20th 07, 10:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ben

Errol,

Laissez le bon temps rouler.

Ben

Old February 20th 07, 10:23 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Feb 20, 12:23 pm, "Starboard" wrote:
[...]

It appears you were in this situation:

http://gpsinformation.info/main/TurnYourHead.jpg

:-)

Old February 20th 07, 11:01 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Starboard

Miss the French Quarter? If I remember correctly, you stated to me in
another thread that you used to live in Lafayette.

I might like to go down there one night when skies are clear and
Saturn's in all its glory and set the scope up for passer-byes. Do a
little sidewalk astronomy. Or perhaps out by the lake front.

Errol

Old February 20th 07, 11:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Starboard

It appears you were in this situation:
http://gpsinformation.info/main/TurnYourHead.jpg

YEAH! Just like that poor sucker in the picture...

Next time I'm wearing me some mirror shades.

Errol

Old February 21st 07, 12:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mark Gingrich

Errol wrote:

But I was again reminded of its limitations, e.g., today, shortly
after sunrise, I arrived in Fat-City (Metairie - New Orleans suburbs)
to watch the Mardi Gras parade. There were cheerleaders, dance teams,
knockouts in every direction; two right smack in the front of me, each
*standing on the third rung of ladder*. Get the picture.

Methinks you are confusing the term "averted vision" with "perverted
vision."

--
Mark Gingrich San Leandro, California
Old February 21st 07, 01:20 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Starboard

Methinks you are confusing the term "averted vision" with "perverted
vision."

Yep. And a pornographic, I mean - photographic - memory to go with
it.
( o Y o ) :-)