kill all the stupid people

Old October 26th 07, 02:21 AM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

Default kill all the stupid people

BoredToTears wrote:

On 26 Oct, 01:47, "%" wrote:
"Rowland McDonnell" wrote:

[snip]

sure you are that's why your subways get blowed up ,
and rabid foxes control the streets , Canada is The King ,
GO MAPLE LEAFS

Rowland is a verbose blow-hard; no-one takes him seriously.

I certainly don't take myself very seriously. Maybe you could try the
same?

He's the
David of UPSD.

Actually, I think % has got the hang of it. He's forgetting that the
only endemic rabies in Britain is in the bat population, and it tends to
stay there.

Aside from that - well, we've been having terrorist attacks in Britain
pretty much all my life. The recent Tube bombings were pretty bad - but
even so, they killed fewer people than are killed each week on Britain's
rather safe roads. It's as well to keep these things in perspective.
Part of that perspective is the point that the last few terrorist attack
attempts here have all ended in derisive failure - mind you, no
half-baked plan that involves attacking anyone or anything in Glasgow is
going to get you very far, not with Glasgwegians around. If you want to
have a go at that lot, make sure you have a very well crafted plan.

However, if % had read the thread, he'd've noticed that I placed Canada
in exactly the same `superior' bracket as Britain, along with a few
other decent civilised nations.

And it's `leaves', not `leafs'. Sheesh. And anyway, if it weren't for
us Brits, you Canucks would *all* be Frenchies - surely you can thank us
for that, at least? ;-)

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address:
Sorry - the spam got to me
Old October 26th 07, 02:31 AM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
%

"Rowland McDonnell" wrote in
message
BoredToTears wrote:

On 26 Oct, 01:47, "%" wrote:
"Rowland McDonnell" wrote:

[...]

thank you for proving you're a lying idiot ,
and while your at it have a look at this Mr.Leaves
http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/

Old October 26th 07, 02:33 AM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

cal wrote:

McDonnell" wrote:

cal wrote:

[snip]

as we get increasingly dumb, we survive longer and in far greater numbers.

You have data to back up this claim?

that we're living longer and in far greater numbers is self-evident.

Is it really? Have you compared life expectancy in modern Russia with
that which obtained during the later Soviet era? Or the predictions
made about the UK population, based on the increasingly unhealthy
lifestyles that people are living?

There are many commentators who think that we've hit a peak and we're
going to slip off it in terms of life expectancy.

whether
we're getting increasingly dumb is for you to decide.

Well, no, it's for the proposer of the idea (you) to demonstrate - since
all depends on that one crucial point, for which I say there is no
evidence at all.

As jokes go, it's a not bad one. But I find it hard to credit that
you're expecting anyone to take the idea remotely seriously.

Rowland.

Old October 26th 07, 02:33 AM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

cal wrote:

, "Jane" wrote:

"kT" wrote:
slunky wrote:

_/ Jane wrote \_
No crap. I mean if it's a thread where he can bash the USA which is ANY
thread he's all over it.

Have you ever seen the episode of South Park where they go to Canada? and
there's a guy there called Scott? Rowland reminds me of him. "That's
Scott. He's a dick."

Rational dicks everywhere want to know how you irrational dicks are going
to pay for the ****ing mess you've created :

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

More oil wars, I suppose.

"I" didn't create anything, I didn't vote for him and neither did millions
of other American's, why don't you direct your angst at Bush and ask him
that rather then generalizing?

it's a concept that probably originated in a time when monarchs were
referred to as their nations in diplomatic discourse. the british monarch
would be called "england",

Erm, no: Britain, if it were the British monarch. James VI of Scotland
did not ally the crowns of Scotland and England just so `north of the
border' could be neglected, you know.

However, is that *really* how things were done? Diplomacy has normally
been done by diplomats - most of the time, the boss was running things
by remote control.

the french monarch would be "france", and so on.
in this sense, bush is "the united states". regardless of who did or didn't
vote for him, he currently represents the american national will outside
your borders for the simple reason that he's empowered to do so and no one
else is.

what a lot of americans don't seem to get is that as far as anyone living
outside the country is concerned, bush IS america.

Not really; that's not how it seems to me. What he is is the boss - who
got into power on the back of an *appallingly* institutionally corrupt
system. And Dubya's appalling himself. It really is appalling. I'd
prefer to see an exhumed Reagan running things, even if he has turned
into a crazed zombie by now. Even P. J. O'Rourke would do, although
he's probably in a state to re-introduce public flogging by now.

he's not the individual
americans we know... for example, i know *you didn't personally create what
his administration has created... but the individual exceptions are going to
have to stand up and be counted by the world, one american at a time, or be
taken to aquiesce to what your twice-elected leader has done.

Both elections were frauds. The US electoral system is a fraud.
There's nothing to stop electoral districts being rigged - and they are.
The US system's rotten in fashions that were dealt with in the UK
electoral system in the 19th century. We *used* to have the same
problems here, but we got rid of them. Time the USA advanced to the
19th century, I reckon.

(okay, okay, so the idea that the UK has a democratic government at all
is a fraudulent notion - we've actually got a 100% appointed government
in the cabinet and PM, but there you go.)

Rowland.

Old October 26th 07, 02:36 AM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

cal wrote:

"Fred J. McCall" wrote:

[snip]

Dark Ages II, anyone?

i'm game, long as i get to be king.

Oh goody!

You do /know/ what happened to most kings in the Dark Ages, don't you?
It was in the later and more civilised mediaeval period that they got on
to subtle stuff like a red hot poker up the jacksie.

Rowland.

Old October 26th 07, 02:44 AM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

slunky wrote:

_/ cal wrote \_
since ww2, successive US administrations have made a greater investment in
global influence than in the well-being of americans. the soviets were a lot
worse with this, but not entirely dissimilar.

I like how things were going when our policy was isolationism, but I
wasn't alive then.

The USA has never had such a policy. In the early days, it was
interested in invading and annexing as much foreign territory as
possible (hence the abortive invasion of Canada that led to the burning
of Washington DC). And then there was the period after that, where the
deal was that the USA got to play with the Americas leaving the rest of
the world to its own devices.

So: early years, aggressively expansionist; later years, throwing its
weight around abroad. All that changed was that the USA decided in 1917
to expand its field of operations further afield - for which I am
*incredibly* grateful. 1914 would have been better, but the USA's added
weight put paid to the Hun that time and in the next big flap.

And I want to say: thank you, USA. Some of us haven't forgotten.

Thing is, since then, most foreign interventions by the USA haven't
worked out so well.

Rowland.

Old October 26th 07, 02:45 AM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rhiannon

"BoredToTears" wrote in message
ups.com...

Rowland is a verbose blow-hard; no-one takes him seriously. He's the David
of UPSD.

Now I see why. :-)

--
Rhi

Old October 26th 07, 02:49 AM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rhiannon

"Rowland McDonnell" wrote in message

And it's `leaves', not `leafs'. Sheesh. And anyway, if it weren't for
us Brits, you Canucks would *all* be Frenchies - surely you can thank us
for that, at least? ;-)

Rowland.

LOL! It's Leafs. They're a hockey team.

--
Rhi

Old October 26th 07, 02:55 AM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Tim wrote:

:Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
: And so we see a demonstration of the effect. Stupid folks like Tim
: think they're just as qualified to make decisions and choices as the
: bright folks. Then as things get more and more screwed up as a
: result, they blame the smart people for not stopping them...
:
:
:As stupid goes i'm decidely more qualifed to make choices and decisions
:than an arrogant halfwit such as yourself.
:

I can certainly believe that you are indeed an expert on stupid. It's
also obvious that you learn by doing.

:
:You are still struggling to aspire to clueless.
:

Just the sort of witty, succinct, and intellectually overpowering
argument I would have expected from you.

In case the preceding is too subtle for you, let me put it in your
terms.

You're a dumbass.

territory."
--G. Behn