Comet visibility...

Old May 13th 06, 12:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Comet visibility...

Bob My Dog "Rudy" hit the send key. She is rude. I wanted to add if
Temple1 hit Mars and made a huge crater they would say it was hit by an
asteroid and not a comet.(get the picture) My thinking it has
been miss named. Now that we have a great close up picture of it my
thinking seems more correct. A picture is worth a thousand words. I
rest my case TreBert

Old May 13th 06, 11:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy

BEERTbrain has been acting rather delusional of late, Bob!

Saul Levy

On Sat, 13 May 2006 09:45:06 -0700, Bob Officer
wrote:

On Sat, 13 May 2006 07:24:11 -0400, in alt.astronomy,
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

Bob My Dog "Rudy" hit the send key. She is rude. I wanted to add if
Temple1 hit Mars and made a huge crater they would say it was hit by an
asteroid and not a comet.(get the picture)

Actually no Bert, you don't make any sense at all.

My thinking it has been miss named.

"IT" being you thinking?

Now that we have a great close up picture of it my

Bert if you looked at those pictures and you had a half way idea what
you were looking at, you would never mistake a dusty ice ball for a
stoned asteroid...

thinking seems more correct. A picture is worth a thousand words. I
rest my case TreBert

No matter how many words you use, Bert I suspect you lack the
beginning skill to know what you were looking at.

In the photos of Tempel 1 you can plainly see a dusty gas halo, in
the photos of Deimos and Phobos there is no dusty halo. One is a
comet the other two are stoney objects.

Bert get some basic skills before you add to the pseudo science
blather on the net. In the end you will look less foolish.

Old May 14th 06, 01:53 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Bob Tempel does not look like a dusty ice ball. It looks like a
rock potato asteroid. Why do you wish to hurt my feelings with name
calling? Why don't you show Tempel 1 in your next post. I would but
can't find the picture I had. TreBert

Old May 15th 06, 06:26 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Alas, BEERTbrain's been a stupid old fool for a long time, Bob!

Saul Levy

On Sun, 14 May 2006 13:09:35 -0700, Bob Officer
wrote:

On Sat, 13 May 2006 20:53:51 -0400, in alt.astronomy,
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

Bob Tempel does not look like a dusty ice ball.

Yes it does.

http://mypeoplepc.com/members/patmin...tory/id26.html

Shows a gassy halo...

But close up pictures inside the halo wont show the Gas and dust...

Herb here is an analogy for you: your standing on the ground, can you
see the air surrounding you?

Now you are about 1000,000 miles above the surface of the earth
orbiting the earth, in a space station. Now you can see the envelope
of air around the earth. but when you look at the area between you
and the observation window, you still can not see the air.

It looks like a rock potato asteroid.

I suspect the potato space to a common shape for small bodies.

Look he
http://www.space.com/missionlaunches...ct_camera.html

close up photo and distance photo side by side...

and he
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/de...ain/index.html
http://deepimpact.umd.edu/gallery/tempel1_color.html

There are literally thousands of photos both from the NASA probe and
from Amateurs and professional photographers on the web. there are
more than 300 web pages which have out gassing photos.

Why do you wish to hurt my feelings with name
calling?

I am not name calling, I am making as statement of fact. you serious
lack the background material to make any significate comments on
Tempel1 Comet's out gassing. I am sorry if it hurts your feelings.
Don't you think it better for someone to hurt your feelings and for
you to join the obvious idiotic scaucerheads, and you end up making a
fool of yourself with them.

Why don't you show Tempel 1 in your next post. I would but
can't find the picture I had.

I posted the links to a few web sites. One a mainstream magazine
style of thought web site, one of GOV site, and the other an EDU
site. I suggest being careful reading most *.net and *.com web sites.
Not everything people post on web sites is true. Be skeptical, just
because you saw it on the web, doesn't make it true. Especially
since you lack the background to filter nonsense and bull**** from
the web. Stick to *.EDU and Nasa or JPL web sites. If you want, there
are some nice beginning Astronomy web sites around. I sure if you
asked I or someone else will give you a few URLs.

Old May 15th 06, 07:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Alas, it's been obvious for a long time that BEERTbrain CAN'T learn
anything!

Saul Levy

On Mon, 15 May 2006 08:59:14 -0700, Bob Officer
wrote:

On Sun, 14 May 2006 22:26:05 -0700, in alt.astronomy, Saul Levy
wrote:

Alas, BEERTbrain's been a stupid old fool for a long time, Bob!

I know I remember him from long ago...

I just wanted to give him a chance to learn rather than him sucking
up to the idiot scaucerheads...

Old May 18th 06, 02:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Iron Patato... Zdaff Zdaff Cometh Hard Rock... Time to pay again your
tribut to the Saali Rovers... Or Face the Feared PI-Rat Plank ... only
step and you join Gadfather for Judgement....

Old May 18th 06, 09:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy

More total bull****, WarpHole! Another fairy tale from A to Z!

Saul Levy