Did Asteroid Pass Earth On Friday?

Old April 26th 10, 11:08 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,rec.arts.sf.science,rec.arts.sf.written,alt.test.fest
Tim Bruening

Default Did Asteroid Pass Earth On Friday?

Michael Grosberg wrote:

On Apr 25, 10:38 pm, TB wrote:
Did anyone see an asteroid pass Earth on Friday (around 1330 hours
Universal Time if I am translating the time zones correctly)? I just
switched to the Dish Network, and on its DishEarth channel, around
8:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time, I saw what looked like a large rock
rising over Earth's northeastern limb. It was irregular and tumbling,
so I ruled out space craft, either foreign or domestic,

I don't have that channel but if I understand correctly, it just shows
a sattellite image of the entire earth, 24/7?

If so, there's no way you could have seen an asteroid - it would have
been too small compared to the entire earth. Could it have been the
moon? Here's a video where you can see 24 hours concentrated into a
minute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDvaU-GyIYE
and you can see the moon passing behind the earth at about 0:50. did
it look like this? take into account that the moon can appear
"irregular" when it's 3/4 full.

0:50 in which timezone?

I saw the object at around 8:30 Pacific Daylight Time. The light patterns
were shifting everytime the image was updated 4 times a minute. Could the
Moon's light patterns shift that fast?

Old April 26th 10, 11:51 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,rec.arts.sf.science,rec.arts.sf.written,alt.test.fest
Brian Davis

On Apr 26, 6:08*pm, Tim Bruening wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDvaU-GyIYE
and you can see the moon passing behind the earth at about 0:50.

0:50 in which timezone?

0:50 On The YouTube Video.

--
Brian "really?" Davis