Making a Lunar Mask for Observing?

Old July 29th 08, 03:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. eWatson

Default Making a Lunar Mask for Observing?

Any ideas how make such a mask (Subject) without using velcro for 8" to 16"
scopes? Here's one method,
http://lonewolf-online.net/astronomy/tutorial/making_and_using_a_hartmann_mask/,
for a Hartmann mask, but maybe there's a way to make one that's more of a
solid lid. Sewing hoops?

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/
Old July 29th 08, 05:41 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. eWatson

W. eWatson wrote:
Any ideas how make such a mask (Subject) without using velcro for 8" to
16" scopes? Here's one method,
http://lonewolf-online.net/astronomy/tutorial/making_and_using_a_hartmann_mask/,
for a Hartmann mask, but maybe there's a way to make one that's more of
a solid lid. Sewing hoops?

Maybe I got lucky. I went to a local fabric store and found a variety of
wooden embroidery hoops from 4" to 20". I need to go back with the proper
dimensions tomorrow. Inexpensive.

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/
Old July 29th 08, 08:03 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Brown

W. eWatson wrote:
W. eWatson wrote:
Any ideas how make such a mask (Subject) without using velcro for 8"
to 16" scopes? Here's one method,
http://lonewolf-online.net/astronomy/tutorial/making_and_using_a_hartmann_mask/,
for a Hartmann mask, but maybe there's a way to make one that's more
of a solid lid. Sewing hoops?

Maybe I got lucky. I went to a local fabric store and found a variety of
wooden embroidery hoops from 4" to 20". I need to go back with the
proper dimensions tomorrow. Inexpensive.

Plantpot trays come in a range of suitable diameters too. And large
scale elastic bands also from sewing accessory places are good too. The
soft side of velcro or cork tile makes a reasonably good friction fit.

Making it from cardboard, PVA glue and PVC tape is cheaper.

For a Hartmann focussing mask it isn't like you will lose your eyesight
if the filter falls or blows off the scope (as it would be for a full
aperture solar filter).

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old July 29th 08, 08:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. eWatson

W. eWatson wrote:
W. eWatson wrote:
Any ideas how make such a mask (Subject) without using velcro for 8"
to 16" scopes? Here's one method,
http://lonewolf-online.net/astronomy/tutorial/making_and_using_a_hartmann_mask/,
for a Hartmann mask, but maybe there's a way to make one that's more
of a solid lid. Sewing hoops?

Maybe I got lucky. I went to a local fabric store and found a variety of
wooden embroidery hoops from 4" to 20". I need to go back with the
proper dimensions tomorrow. Inexpensive.

Quilting hoops may cover diameters above 14".

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/
Old July 31st 08, 03:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. eWatson

Default Making a Lunar Mask for Observing ****etards Arsehole

Chris, ??? I'm at 2700'. As I last recall you were at something like 6,000.

Chris L Peterson wrote:
In article ,
"W. eWatson" tarded:
Any ideas how bugger such a mask (****etard) without using velcro for 8" to 16" arseplugs
on chubby scopes? Here's one method for saa buggers,
http://lonebugger-gayline.nut/arsetrollomy/teats/oral/making_and_using_a_gerbil_felching_mask/,
for a dennis bishop buggering mask, but maybe there's a way to make one that's more of a
soiled tard. Sewing pustules the barmy fawking arsewipe buh bye ****etard

this site explains how to make mask

http://tinyurl.com/ypt5fn

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/