Giant alien head on the tarmac

Old October 15th 07, 01:31 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

Default Giant alien head on the tarmac

On Oct 15, 1:23 am, wrote:
Actually I don't think Gwendolyn is in the moon's conscious computer.
She may be in Mimas.
Roberts says the earth is like a pot of old half cooked poached eggs
and if they just would have let it simmer a little longer, you might
have had something.
Maybe he is right, maybe he is wrong. Did you see Rwanda? San
Salvador? Gladiators? Christians to the lions? Slavery?
Genocide as a way of life? Hiroshima, Nagasakaki, Hitler death camps,
Small Pox blankets to the natives...etc ad infinitum.
And so then someone finally told me, why they don't intervene in mans
incredible greed. Well firstly it is about freedom, but secondly, as
long as mankind is so selfish, and keeps his wealth to himself, and
money is the measure of all things, the chances that all the bad
people will chip in 5 bucks each to do something together that could
threaten other civilizations out there, or the moon, is slim to none.
Doesn't sound like a long term plan to me.

So why would a lot of the original crew be here now? Why so many
people we know?
Perhaps nostalgia, for a moon we lived in for oh so many years.
Like an old friend who is dying, we may have wanted to sit by their
bedside.

Yes I did tell you that I asked Jonesy to replace the fusion drive,
and I assume he did that, but I didn't read about it in the papers did
you?

Old October 15th 07, 02:03 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

On Oct 15, 1:31 am, wrote:
On Oct 15, 1:23 am, wrote:

[...]

Do I have to be so depressing?
No not really. You are out here in the colonies, so I guess its like
the wild wild west where anything goes.
Maybe in time, if there is time, things will simmer into a nice batch
of poached eggs, maybe even Eggs Benedict, or Eggs Florentine.
When Jonesy realized I was here we had a big argument/discussion about
the whole thing. He was at the conference we had with the network of
conscious computers.
He said basically, chip em or bag em, its for their own good.
He said if you chip them, then you can force them to be happy and
content.
And I said as long as there was even one person, who knew that was the
case, then it would be wrong.
Because then they would not be free, and they would be little more
than robots.
And so lets not and say we did.
And if you think about it they are chipped anyways, because everyone
is connected to the conscious mainframes, or else they would not have
sentience.
But the conscious computer just acts like your conscience, prompting
you subconsciously for the most part.
And if thats not sufficient, then well the eggs are still not cooked
yet. Hows that. Some might say the eggs are rotten now.
I know all the eggs are not rotten.
And I am not a preacher so I just don't want to get on a soap box and
start moralizing about things, but philosophy is about life, and
existence, and rationality is part of sentience, and those things lead
to happiness and contentment,
And if those things are not happening, then maybe because we are in
the middle of Mars version 2 point o.
Mars version one point o didn't make it.
And look at the record of human achievement and it reads like a Freddy
Kruger movie.
aside from those here in a professional capacity to try and make life
bearable.
Even with angels and arch angels and priests and politics and cops and
military and all the rest, it is still a dangerous place to live.
And we ourselves here live in what must be, the best of times.

Old October 15th 07, 02:46 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

[...]

So what is that missile all about then that is still sitting there on
the far side of the moon?
Well it looks like the humane thing to do to me.
If the conscious computer goes down, if the fusion reactor fails, then
people will overnight no longer have a conscience, other than those
from home who are still probably connected to the humongous mainframe
back home.
And so then it would be like Oh I don't know, whats that new movie
again, Resident Evil Extinction, or night of the living dead.

So then why wouldn't the huge mainframe or Mimas take over for it?
So that the good people could continue to serve the bad people?
It doesn't work like that where we come from.

Old October 15th 07, 03:05 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

So what is that missile all about then that is still sitting there on
the far side of the moon?
Well it looks like the humane thing to do to me.
If the conscious computer goes down, if the fusion reactor fails, then
people will overnight no longer have a conscience, other than those
from home who are still probably connected to the humongous mainframe
back home.
And so then it would be like Oh I don't know, whats that new movie
again, Resident Evil Extinction, or night of the living dead.

So then why wouldn't the huge mainframe or Mimas take over for it?
So that the good people could continue to serve the bad people?
It doesn't work like that where we come from.

What would Captain Kirk do?
He would say, "As long as there is hope. As long as there is a chance,
that these people will make their way, towards the light, then we
should continue to serve them. Fire phonton torpedos."
(Kirk is the first one to fire on the Klingons without hesitation)

Old October 15th 07, 03:22 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

On Oct 15, 3:05 am, wrote:
[...]

Basically the conscience of this planet, is not functioning properly.
Without making this too complex I will give you the simplest possible
explanation.

You design a system. You set rules which are part of that system.
You put free thinking individuals within that system and you do not
make them obey the rules, you suggest they obey the rules, because if
they do, it will lead to a paradise and everyone will be happy.

Ok, so not having anything else to go on but this here what we have
before us, you cannot see that. You cannaot see the _logic, in that.
The rationale.

You can, leave animals to their own devices, and they will act like
night of the living dead.
You can chip them and make them adhere to the Call of Landru. (Star
Trek episode)
Or you can teach them, and suggest by way of conscious, that even when
no one is looking, it si better to act with good morals and good
ethics, for the benefit of yourself and others.
So what are those rules again?
No one knows, the system is malfunctioning.
So what do you have?
The blind leading the blind, a half operational conscience, and some
people trying to make do, everyone out for themselves and lots of bs
and disinformation as people slip back to animal behavior patterns,
such as survival of the fittest, or trickiest or most cunning.

Old October 15th 07, 03:31 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

On Oct 15, 3:22 am, wrote:
On Oct 15, 3:05 am, wrote:

[...]

When the system is malfunctioning, you cannot make do, with religion
and politics, because the system is designed to interface
subconsciously with the human mind. People naturally do not want to be
told what to do by their peers. That infringes on their freedom.
So the system is designed so that everyone is supposed to know what
proper behavior is. And right away people start saying oh yeah, like
playing harps and all that. I am not a preacher. I and I do not see
religion and politics as a substitute for a properly working conscious
computer. And I am not going to start moralizing as to what those
morals and ethic are.
They would need to be designed for the race which biologically
inhabits the planet.
Well you have a Martian invasion and cross breeding with animals. Of
course the system can not cope. It was not designed for this scenario.
So it can't function properly. It will tell a donkey not to be a
donkey? What will the donkey do? Become a horse?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:N..._ROM-gamma.jpg

Does everyone lack conscience? No, but the entire system has to work
as a unit, with common goals and a coherent plan and at the very
least, a good conscience in order to survive. Can we blame any one
group of people?
No. It has little to do with race creed or color.

Old October 15th 07, 04:01 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

[...]

So then cannot we not just fix the programming in the conscious
computer, so that it can handle this mixture of races and behaviors?
Sure. Just debug the DNA that codes for proteins, and organize a chart
of types, then study those types through the ages as they interbreed
further, in a three body problem from hell.
Then, write a solution to that mix, whereby the end result of proper
pain and pleasure stimulus, will result in an evolved situation where
your goals as Lord King High God of the Universe are met.
(fire photon torpedoes)

Old October 15th 07, 04:10 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

So then cannot we not just fix the programming in the conscious
computer, so that it can handle this mixture of races and behaviors?
Sure. Just debug the DNA that codes for proteins, and organize a chart
of types, then study those types through the ages as they interbreed
further, in a three body problem from hell.
Then, write a solution to that mix, whereby the end result of proper
pain and pleasure stimulus, will result in an evolved situation where
your goals as Lord King High God of the Universe are met.
(fire photon torpedoes)

We have decoded the human genome? We have decoded 2% of the human
genome. Junk DNA is not junk. It is code too.
http://www.thetech.org/genetics/art02_how.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_body_problem

What I mean by that, is there are too many variables to find a
reliable solution. So you have to use trial and error.
Welcome to trial and error and politics and religion and cannibalism
and war and mass extinction of the resident fauna, and global warming,
and country music. (substitute opera music if you wish)

Old October 15th 07, 04:26 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

On Oct 15, 4:10 am, wrote:
[...]

Notice for instance, how donkeys, behave like donkeys, and cats behave
like cats and sharks like sharks.
Now notice how humans at times behave like all of those, but not
consistently, nor predictably and only partially.
So there is just the tip of the iceberg, because you have predator,
and you have prey.
You have meat eaters and you have vegetarians, and you have the whole
gambit including irrational behavior patterns, inherited behavior
patterns learned behavior patterns, and even after all this, you still
have 4% sociopaths, who are born without a conscience.

Sociopath...
"Symptoms

Common characteristics of people with antisocial personality disorder
include:

* Persistent lying or stealing
* Recurring difficulties with the law
* Tendency to violate the rights of others (property, physical,
sexual, emotional, legal)
* Substance abuse
* Aggressive, often violent behavior; prone to getting involved in
fights
* A persistent agitated or depressed feeling (dysphoria)
* Inability to tolerate boredom
* Disregard for the safety of self or others
* A childhood diagnosis of conduct disorders
* Lack of remorse for hurting others
* Superficial charm
* Impulsiveness
* A sense of extreme entitlement
* Inability to make or keep friends
* Lack of guilt
* Recklessness, impulsivity[6][4]

People who have antisocial personality disorder often experience
difficulties with authority figures.[7]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociopath

That 4% is like the 2% of the DNA code.
You have 4% with a functional conscience.

Old October 15th 07, 04:38 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

On Oct 15, 4:26 am, wrote:
On Oct 15, 4:10 am, wrote:

[...]

Yes but in America, if you do not do those things you won't survive!
Its a dog eat dog world, business is business!
Someone call the pound.