Sagitarius A* Accretion Disk

Old August 24th 05, 10:49 PM
Dennis Olvany

Default Sagitarius A* Accretion Disk

I have read of astronomers exicted at the prospect of discovering an
accretion disk associated with the supermassive black hole at the center of
the Milky Way galaxy. I contend that the galaxy itself is that accretion
disk. A direct correlation exists between the structure of an accretion disk
and galactic structure. They are quite one and the same.

Old August 24th 05, 11:07 PM
Sam Wormley

Dennis Olvany wrote:
I have read of astronomers exicted at the prospect of discovering an
accretion disk associated with the supermassive black hole at the center of
the Milky Way galaxy. I contend that the galaxy itself is that accretion
disk. A direct correlation exists between the structure of an accretion disk
and galactic structure. They are quite one and the same.

There are differences you might want to look into.
Accretion Disk
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/phys...etionDisk.html

Orbit
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/Orbit.html
Old August 25th 05, 01:42 AM
Llanzlan Klazmon

"Dennis Olvany" dennisolvany@invalid wrote in
eenews.net:

I have read of astronomers exicted at the prospect of discovering an
accretion disk associated with the supermassive black hole at the center
of the Milky Way galaxy. I contend that the galaxy itself is that
accretion disk. A direct correlation exists between the structure of an
accretion disk and galactic structure. They are quite one and the same.

Nearly spherical eliptical galaxies that also have supermassive black holes
would in no way be described as a disk.

Klazmon.
Old August 25th 05, 02:18 AM
John Sefton

Sam Wormley wrote:
Dennis Olvany wrote:

I have read of astronomers exicted at the prospect of discovering an
accretion disk associated with the supermassive black hole at the
center of the Milky Way galaxy. I contend that the galaxy itself is
that accretion disk. A direct correlation exists between the structure
of an accretion disk and galactic structure. They are quite one and
the same.

There are differences you might want to look into.
Accretion Disk
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/phys...etionDisk.html

Orbit
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/Orbit.html

In figuring on accretion discs, the first
link says, "For a simple model of an accretion disk around a star,
consider a star with...."
What the **** does what happens around a
star have to do with what
is happening at a galaxy's center?
It's the wrong assumptions at the start
that ***** us up.
Perhaps we need more well-rounded scientists
that also know things like *logic*.
John

Old August 25th 05, 03:43 AM
Sam Wormley

John Sefton wrote:

In figuring on accretion discs, the first
link says, "For a simple model of an accretion disk around a star,
consider a star with...."
What the **** does what happens around a
star have to do with what
is happening at a galaxy's center?
It's the wrong assumptions at the start
that ***** us up.
Perhaps we need more well-rounded scientists
that also know things like *logic*.
John

Sefton should learn to read.

Old August 25th 05, 06:15 AM
S. Enterprize Company

Dennis Olvany wrote:
I have read of astronomers exicted at the prospect of discovering an
accretion disk associated with the supermassive black hole at the center of
the Milky Way galaxy. I contend that the galaxy itself is that accretion
disk. A direct correlation exists between the structure of an accretion disk
and galactic structure. They are quite one and the same.

There are differences you might want to look into.
Accretion Disk
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/phys...etionDisk.html

Orbit
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/Orbit.html

But he might be right in another perspective view, relative to the
black hole core itself at the center of the galaxy.

http://smart1234.s-enterprize.com/BipolarGalaxy.gif

Old August 25th 05, 12:04 PM
Too Many Kooks Spoil the Brothel

Dennis Olvany wrote:
I have read of astronomers exicted at the prospect of discovering an
accretion disk associated with the supermassive black hole at the center of
the Milky Way galaxy. I contend that the galaxy itself is that accretion
disk. A direct correlation exists between the structure of an accretion disk
and galactic structure. They are quite one and the same.

Ah-hah-hah-hah-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! We're all gonna BE SUCKED UP ...!!!

Old August 27th 05, 10:49 PM
Chris

Yes, you a right, every galaxy is an accretion disk to the central
supermassive object. This object is not a black hole as such things cannot
exist but a very high mass concentration closing in on an event horizon that
cannot be reached but the matter, as it gets very close, is destroyed by
gravity into radiation which then climbes out of the field and as it cools
it energy condenses as matter in the form of a jet.

However the accretion is so slow outside the hub that it will not fall in
over the life of the universe the gravitational dynamics is almost linear
here as you approach the hub the gravitational dynamics becomes non linear
and if you venture too close your starship engines are not powerful enough
to get you out and you will slowly spiral in to your destruction.

Here I quote from result of the general theory of relativity but I do not
understand the maths, it is too abstract, I never was any good at
differntial geometry.

I did before recieving psychiatric treatment.

Chris.

eenews.net...