Short Trip

Old September 16th 03, 04:29 PM
Starlord

Default Short Trip

Last night I added some gas to the truck, put the scope on the 3inch form rubber
pads I'd cobbled together and other things I need and went up to the road the is
about 1/2 the way between Rosamond & Mojave and drove to it's end, from that
point I used 1st gear to follow the dirt road to the old site. There are some
long cement slabs up there, from the housings that was used when the aquaduck
was built. Got tthere and set up the scope and re alined it.

After the sundown winds died down and it was full dark I had a wonderfull sky,
where I go two hills block a good amount of the light from palmdale/lancaster,
with only the state pen being a sore spot. But it's light was just part of the
light dome down there, so I just kept looking above that area.

Didn't realy seach for old sights, I just relaxed and just lets the stars cross
the FOV. Didn't stay there but only 3 hours but it did a good job of getting rid
of the built up stress and now I can make it up to there any night to have a
good viewing time.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

---

Old September 16th 03, 08:46 PM
Mike Simmons

Good for you. You need to take a night for yourself once in a while
between your sidewalk astronomy sessions.

Mike Simmons
Old September 17th 03, 07:49 PM
Alan W. Craft

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:29:39 -0700, "Starlord" ...reflected:

[...]

I take it the truck's working well, then.

Alan