'E'

Old February 15th 05, 01:27 PM
Twittering One

Default 'E'

"'Know Thyself'
'Nothing in Excess'
'E'

These mottoes, carved in stone
On the temple of Apollo at Delphi,
Were recognized throughout the classical world.
'Know thyself' was a reminder of hubris
And human limitations.
'Nothing in Excess' was a cautionary reminder
Of how to live (even if it does bring
To mind the epitaph of comedian Ernie
Kovacs: 'Nothing in Moderation.')
As for 'E,'
Its message remains a mystery, although Plutarch,
A citizen of Delphi, believed that it meant
'Thou Art'
In Greek and thus expressed the eternal
Existence of the soul."

~ Nancy Hathaway,
From "The Friendly Guide

To Mythology"
[p. 192]

Old February 15th 05, 11:13 PM
Twittering One

"?"
~ Twittering

*

"5:30 pm Twitter.
...god to see you back.
...got to get a bit of sleep
(long night) ...be back later. ..oille crank out more stuff f4r' u"
~ Raving

"oille?
Where's my nap sack?
Raving, see you here! And tell M.Ellen we require cantaloupes!"
~ Twittering

*

*Schizoaffectives?

~ I time to time give it some thought.
.... don't know much about it.
The description is rather close to ADD in the 'raw' sense."
~ Raving

"O, just put on your Levis ~ Bring some bricolage,
But salad's raw, although the carrots, yes,
Cooked."
~ Twittering

"I suspect
That it's hard to tell."
~ Raving

"Not at all!"
~ Twittering

"When I look back on the situation
Retrospectively, it's the 3 people that I KNOW
Have ADD that pretty much 'collar' the diagnosis.
They are every bit as zany as me in their own sort of way.
... When I look at the people,
Here
I also see that similarity."
~ Raving

"Who cares?"
~ Twittering

"Tell me more about
Schizoaffectives."
~ Raving

"No!
To the State of Fugue we must now go! Tally ho ~
Giddy up!"
~ Twittering

*

"Hey, buds!
I said, Who Cares?"
~ Twittering

~ Who Cares ~

"In 1937, George Gershwin
Asked Balanchine to come to Hollywood
To work with him on Samuel Goldwyn's
'Follies.' Tragically,
Gershwin was felled by a brain tumor
Before he completed the ballet music
For the film. Thirty-three years later,
Balanchine choreographed

'Who Cares?'

To 16 songs Gershwin
Composed between 1924 and 1931, including 'I Got Rhythm,'
'The Man I Love,' 'Embraceable You,' and 'My One
And Only.' Kay's orchestrations draw
Extensively on Gershwin's own piano arrangements
Of his songs. Balanchine used the songs
Not to evoke any particular era
But as a way to portray an exuberance
That is both broadly American
And charged with the distinctive energy of Manhattan."

http://www.nycballet.com/repnotes/whocares2.html

*

Old February 16th 05, 10:22 PM

Hi Twitter

.... a watchin' and a waiting and a slipping and a sliding ...
Actually I don't dislike him. Just don't have any help to offer him
and don't find attempting to make sense of his ravings a productive use
of my time. I've killfiled several people for whom I have a good deal
of respect because of the wrangle factor

is xxxxxxx (was xxxxxx at eye bee em dot net) ignoring you too?

Old February 17th 05, 01:50 AM

Thanks, Double-A

... just checkin' a backwater drop off. ... things seem a wee tense back
at alt.support.attn-deficit

I was fascinated by the info on Google email, by the by ...

Obvious. Sign of the times. The future.
I always wonder how many people realize such things?

RL

Old February 17th 05, 08:25 AM
Twittering One

".. .just checkin' a backwater drop off.
.... things seem a wee tense back
At
alt.support.attn-deficit
Aka Asad."
~ Raving

"Is A still sad? She won't respond
To me, so many letters, so many years, so many Trompe l'Oeils
Now ~ But O, know? What further, what's more,
Can I do?"
~ Twittering

"Obvious.
Sign of the times. The future.
I always wonder how many people
Realize such things?"
~ Raving

"True love, you say? Wise words, O,
Or say,
Are you a Cold Spy
From a 'Defective Story' Or are you just ~

Dead?"
~ Twittering

"The doctors know
What can be done for the man in the mirror
Who hazards all he has ~
Faced with a choice of three caskets..."
~ Raving

"O, but, O, no.
I could not bear loosing her. No
Irony here,
As God's my witness."
~ Twittering

Old February 17th 05, 08:39 AM
Twittering One

"True love, you say? Wise words, O,
Or say,
Are you a Cold Spy
From a 'Defective Story' Or are you just ~

Dead?"
~ Twittering

"The doctors know
What can be done for the man in the mirror
Who hazards all he has ~
Faced with a choice of three caskets..."
~ Raving

"O, but, O, no.
I could not bear loosing her. No
Irony here,
As God's my witness."
~ Twittering

* ~ Or,
The Heedless
Man
Horsing around? * ~

"Nothing like a good run
In a foot of snow, on a February night,
With the white stuff blowing in your face ~
Cross-training,
Never better...!"
~ Tom

"White mustachioed, you!
All dusted,
Too many donuts?
Or drunk your coke
Too much?
Here, Tom, some white
Chocolate for you!
Seen Michael, snuckly
Caped Cod Dealer
Dog?

Cape Cod ~ Truro, or Chatham Races?
..=2E.or a tear's cape
For that Cod.

~ Peace ~

~ waves ~

[Hey!]

"Nothing like a good run in a foot of snow on a February night
with the white stuff blowing in your face. Cross
Training was never better..."
~ Tom

White mustachioed, you!
All dusted,
Too many donuts?
Or drunk your coke
Too much?
Here, Tom, some white
Chocolate for you!
Seen Michael, snuckly
Caped Cod Dealer
Dog?

..=2E.Boston
Blizzard, 1979...

"The one good thing about this...
Future historians can firmly pinpoint the decline
Of the US of A
To November 2004."

"Is the mission still accomplished?
W the president Quayle we never had."
~ Andy

Clifford, yes,
Still a done dog! An expression
Abstract, true,
Nonetheless, a Royal Oder
De Blew! Sniff,
Sniffer...
Here ~ Some brandy,
Sip, or lap, from my brandy snifter ~
Genes-R- us, just a revised Fall
Semester Course
Correction: Get Done, Get Your
Coffin 101, listed in yr Holy Cross
Catalogue ~

* Coffin 101.o9 *
~ Introductory Course ~

Black interior and exterior,
With white silk lining; red silk, too,
An alternate coffin option.
Or go simpliment ~ Minimalist Coffin Style.
Or go for something somewhat scruffy: An exterior faux
Age effect on top. As you can
See, in the catalogue photo, the interior
Coffin cloth unravels quite a bit,
An unthreaded autobiography,
One Justin
Undid, or undone, merely, his, for his own
Pleasure, his own hobby
Deconstruction, his Heedless Horse-
Man, galloping through
The somnolent
Cavity ~ Reading
His latest "Wine Cellar News."
All the views fit to drink, if not
To think.

Or rather,
Like Mr.
Lincoln Steffin's muckraking journal ~
Blog-Ism ~
During The Reconstruction. Expose, yes,
Reveal! Do not conceal!
Give ~
Cogitate @ The Tate Museum: Yes,
That's another coffin style sold
Now around Foggy Square's
Bottom Half-
Time, featuring 4 silver hurdles,
One for each
Pall bearing your name...
This exemplary silver-handled coffin,
Yes,
Used by The Odd Bed Fellows,
Engaged for their strange ritual
Initiation
Ceremonies ~
All served with a sliver of Owl Rice
Pudding! All told, quite dandy!
Just a Tres Tasti Treat, a Sensate
Delicacy,
This coffin option also comes, accompanied by,
A papier-m=E2ch=E9 skeleton
[Which may reveal a charming
Patois damage (A stunning pentimento
S=E9ance scene!),
Though by its very nature, a difficult one
To see, or hear
In the catalogue's underexposed
Photos.] So, rattle on
Faithfully, fitfully, too. Know,
Don't be late!
*
Patois damage
(A stunning pentimento s=E9ance scene!),
Though by its nature, a difficult one
To see, or hear,
In the catalogue photos.]
*
Tres kewl!
Only I am computer klewless,
So I must pass.

"For all you
SkyMap Pro users out there,
I've finished work on a utility
That will add GPS support to the program.
The utility will work
With ALL versions of Skymap
Pro from Version 5 and upwards. Using
Your computer settings and GPS
It will set most of the Location information
For SkyMap Pro,
The information that's set is..."

*

~ Latitude
And Longitude, Time Zone
And Daylight Savings Time and the height above
Sea Level ~

*

"O, this an island,
Where, a land, or an insane asylum?"