Hoagland a fraud?

Old March 18th 04, 06:18 AM
*

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 03:02:58 +0000 (UTC), Sander Vesik
wrote:

In sci.space.policy Ami Silberman wrote:

"*" wrote in message Okay smart ass, why are the MOC
photos coded during transmission from Mars

Because to digitally store or transmit images they need to be encoded in

This is also true of analog transmission of images (or other sensor
data) - youhave to covert it into a way that can be transmitted over
radio waves.

some sort of format. To transmit them, furthermore, there needs to be
further encoding to be able to detect and correct errors during
transmission. Conceptually, its no different than fax transmission in the
60s.

Except I think faxes weren't digital yet in the 60's.

Translation: no one has access to the raw Mars MOC photographic data except
Malin.

Old March 18th 04, 06:57 AM
Dan

* wrote:
On 17 Mar 2004 09:32:27 -0500, jeff findley
wrote:

* writes:

On 16 Mar 2004 18:07:07 -0800, (George William
Herbert) wrote:
The data format has been published.
Looking it up would require some actual
research in a library looking at journals,
however, which may be beyond your limited
capabilities.

You'd probably have to write some software to do it,
though there's an outside chance that Malin would
give it to you.

You keep making this out to be harder than it is.

Translation: no one has the programs to retrieve the raw Mars photographs
but Malin.

And you clearly lack the skills to write a simple program to transform
data from one format to another. This is one of the *easiest* types
of programs to write. I've written dozens of such programs over the
last 15 years or so. About half for "fun" and about half for work.

You don't even need a "modern" programming language to write this sort
of code. C would be my choice, but just about any other language that
has reasonably complete libraries for file I/O would suffice. You
don't even need a UI for such programs. Just run it from the command
line since the only input is the file to process.

I'm not saying that you personally need to write the code, but anyone
with a B.S. in Computer Science (or the equivalent experience) would
be able to write such a program in short order (not just Malin).

No they can't. They're coded.

Are you trying to say they are encrypted? If so, please use
unambiguous terminology, so we can better understand your
delusions.
Old March 18th 04, 06:57 AM
Ugly Bob

"George William Herbert" wrote in message
* wrote:
On 16 Mar 2004 16:16:38 -0800, (George William
Herbert) wrote:
The US government (or, everyone) owns the images and data, both raw
and processed, throughout.

Liar.

During Malin's 'proprietary period' Malin has *exclusive ownership* of

the
MOC photographs, and during that time Malin and his staff doctor the
photographs.

1) NASA keeps their original downlink data.

2) If you keep posting 4 copies of everything you send,
Earthlink will turn your account off within a day or two.

-george william herbert

If you do a 'whois' lookup on her IP, it comes back as Qwest.

OrgName: Qwest Communications
OrgID: QWDL
Address: 950 17th Street
Address: Suite 1900
City: Denver
StateProv: CO
PostalCode: 80202
Country: US

NetRange: 65.128.0.0 - 65.159.255.255
CIDR: 65.128.0.0/11
NetName: NET-QWEST-3BLKS
NetHandle: NET-65-128-0-0-1
Parent: NET-65-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: DCA-ANS-01.INET.QWEST.NET
NameServer: SVL-ANS-01.INET.QWEST.NET
Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate: 2000-08-23
Updated: 2002-12-17

TechHandle: QN-ARIN
TechName: NOC
TechPhone: +1-703-363-3001
TechEmail:

OrgAbuseHandle: QIA2-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Qwest IP Abuse
OrgAbusePhone: +1-877-886-6515
OrgAbuseEmail:

OrgNOCHandle: QIN-ARIN
OrgNOCName: Qwest IP NOC
OrgNOCPhone: +1-877-886-6515
OrgNOCEmail:

OrgTechHandle: QIA-ARIN
OrgTechName: Qwest IP Admin
OrgTechPhone: +1-877-886-6515
OrgTechEmail:

Old March 18th 04, 07:00 AM
*

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 06:57:04 GMT, "Dan" wrote:

Herbert) wrote:
[...]

You want to play semantical games go right ahead.

If you only knew how hilarious you are. You make good on the alien
observation of human beings being fools and not worth acknowledging.

Old March 18th 04, 10:28 AM
Al Jackson

* wrote in message . ..
On 17 Mar 2004 16:27:50 -0800, (Al Jackson) wrote:

* wrote in message
Nice Troll!!!

Not a troll, the information comes from NASA.

Ah so! you ARE!, indeed, working for Halliburton!

Still, a nice troll.
Old March 18th 04, 01:03 PM
Peter Stickney

Sander Vesik writes:
In sci.space.policy * wrote:
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:58:07 -0600, Herb Schaltegger

* wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:44:49 -0500, Patty Brooks
wrote:

snip

Is Hoagland a fraud? Yes he is. He's being paid by Lockheed to be a
diversion and to make NASA/Lockheed secret discoveries on Mars look
ridiculous.

Is your name Maxson? You seem to share their patriarch's Lockheed
fetish.

To all amused lurkers, I suggest a quick google search on "Formosa's
Law" . . .

I suggest you bone up on Lockheed and their holdings and involvement with
NASA, the NSA, the phone company, the welfare system, and all the components

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
would the be the AT&T phone company, the Sprint phone company, the Worldcom
phone company or some other 'the' phone company?

No, that would be TPC, The Phone Company. Famous for their
development of the Cerebral Communicator in the 1960s. The naturial
enemy, along with the FBR, of the CIB.

Everyone hates The Phone Company. Even Beduins hate The Phone Company.
Perhaps Agent Kropotkin can fill yo in. He's a stockholder.
--
Sidney Shaeffer, M.D., Ph.D, imdb.com
"Who could have every phone in the country tapped?"
Old March 18th 04, 02:43 PM
Jay Windley

"*" wrote in message

| Hey when you want to know something, go to the source.
|
| In this case, it's NASA.

You missed the point. You're selectively accepting or rejecting evidence
from NASA based on whether or not it appears to support what you already
believe. You can't try to bolster your point by talking about "NASA
insiders" and implying how authoritative they must be, while at the same
time ridiculing others for believing "NASA lies". If something is
authoritative because it comes from NASA, then it must be authoritative even
when it disagrees with you. You can't have it both ways and still expect
people to listen to you.

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org

Old March 18th 04, 03:13 PM
MattWriter

why
don't any other independent scientists outside of NASA/Lockheed have it

WIll someone please get across to this conspiracy nut there is no such company
as Lockheed, and has not been for some years now? Lockheed Martin is quite a
different entity.

Matt Bille
)
OPINIONS IN ALL POSTS ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR
Old March 18th 04, 03:26 PM
Phil Fraering

"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" writes:

Well, just remember, Stargate SG1 maps to reality about as accurately
as Wormhole X-treme maps to Stargate SG1.

Exactly!

Remember, you've got Christian Bocher who plays the actor Raymond Gunne who
portrays the character Dr. Levant who is based on the character Dr. Jackson
who is played Michael Shanks, which is based on the character potrayed by
James Spader in the movie which in turn is based on the Real Dr. McCoy of
the real Stargate program.

Or something like that.

You've got it.

The pitcher with the pestle broke. The Chalice from the Palice has the
pellet with the poison. The Flagon with the Dragon has the brew that is
true.