Encyclopaedia Astronautica

Old April 3rd 08, 02:18 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

Default Encyclopaedia Astronautica

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
Been a while since it was updated; anyone know why it's been so long?

Just a guess, but how about "It doesn't pay well"?

Jeff
--
A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it. -- Einstein

Mark Wade doesn't do it for money.

That's kind of my point. Working for a living and other things like family
obligations, always take priority over hobbies.

Jeff

Old April 3rd 08, 04:48 PM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

That's kind of my point. Working for a living and other things like

family
obligations, always take priority over hobbies.

I would have thought there'd be an announcement of some sort, that's all.

Old April 3rd 08, 05:32 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 00:08:59 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I have no idea why Arthur Sack tried to build a aircraft with that
planiform.

....His great-nephew. Sad, is still in the Aaarmy. Why not write him
and ask if he knows?

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old April 4th 08, 07:19 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:
obligations, always take priority over hobbies.

I would have thought there'd be an announcement of some sort, that's all.

I don't think it's going defunct; he only updates it once or twice a
year for the past couple of years, and generally around spring or early
summer.

Pat
Old April 4th 08, 07:35 PM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
news:aa2dnVJNp4Lb_mvanZ2dnUVZ_gmdnZ2d@northdakotat elephone...

Alan Erskine wrote:
obligations, always take priority over hobbies.

I would have thought there'd be an announcement of some sort, that's

all.

I don't think it's going defunct; he only updates it once or twice a
year for the past couple of years, and generally around spring or early
summer.

Pat

I just hope Mark's OK.

Old April 5th 08, 07:00 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:
I don't think it's going defunct; he only updates it once or twice a
year for the past couple of years, and generally around spring or early
summer.

Pat

I just hope Mark's OK.

If he wasn't, then the monthly payment to the ISP that hosts the site
would end, and the website would vanish.
Ergo...it continues to exist, which means that the ISP is getting paid
on a month-to-month basis to host it, which means he's sending them
checks to pay for it, which means he's fine... or at least alive and
financially solvent in one form or another. :-)

Pat
Old April 5th 08, 02:14 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 00:00:03 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Alan Erskine wrote:
I don't think it's going defunct; he only updates it once or twice a
year for the past couple of years, and generally around spring or early
summer.

Pat

I just hope Mark's OK.

If he wasn't, then the monthly payment to the ISP that hosts the site
would end, and the website would vanish.
Ergo...it continues to exist, which means that the ISP is getting paid
on a month-to-month basis to host it, which means he's sending them
checks to pay for it, which means he's fine... or at least alive and
financially solvent in one form or another. :-)

Or he established a trust to keep it on line.